PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remember that time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Neal got injured in the early part of the Super Bowl... :bricks:

Remember when ESPN didn't suck and they liked the Patriots?

Remember that time that doug flutie dropkicked the ball through the uprights?

Remember the time when everyone on this board thought the Pats were emotionless, flat, old, eventhough it is preseason they were horrible, that this could be a down year for the Pats, etc. because of several preseason games?
Every year. :(

But remember how many here actually predicted an 0-16 season after Game 1 of the 2003 season because BB cut the "heart and soul" of the defense.

These days, after the fact, we make fun of Tom Jackson because he said the Pats hate their coach, but people on this board were saying the exact same thing on this forum, and how bad the Pats were and how stupid BB was, etc etc etc, just like people who are panicking now.

There are many people on this board who think the Pats are the worst team in the NFL, excpet for Brady, and that our season is over without him. Seymour, Vrabel, Moss, Wleker etc etc are just dogmeat compared to the rest of the league and we cannot win if he goes down.

With this team, we could make the playoffs with Scott Zolak tossing the ball, IMO. But to the people who view life and the Pats though poop-covered lenses, I guess that makes me a homer.

Luckily, all those "realists" who panicked after game 1 in 2003 returned to claim to pats fans after all. And all those who are panicking now in stromy weather will be back by week three when the sailing is smooth, claiming to be fans and mocking Steeler fans (who at least support their team through thick and thin).

All Hail to the Fair Weather Fan. We await your return in Week 3.

Sheesh.

Remember the snow game when the fans were throwing piles of snow in the air at the same time?

This is the most morose thread I've ever read. I feel like I'm at an effing wake, staring into the casket and hearing people remember the good old days with Uncle Bill.

Remember that time when Big Willie left the field at the RCA Dome with an apparent injury only to come back and stop Edgerrin James stone cold and silence 65,000 wild, hill-billy Colt fans and ultimately give the Pats home field that year. :D

It still brings a smile to my face!

remember when we traded for corey dillon?

i'm looking forward to another one of those seasons :)

Every year. :(

But remember how many here actually predicted an 0-16 season after Game 1 of the 2003 season because BB cut the "heart and soul" of the defense.

These days, after the fact, we make fun of Tom Jackson because he said the Pats hate their coach, but people on this board were saying the exact same thing on this forum, and how bad the Pats were and how stupid BB was, etc etc etc, just like people who are panicking now.

There are many people on this board who think the Pats are the worst team in the NFL, excpet for Brady, and that our season is over without him. Seymour, Vrabel, Moss, Wleker etc etc are just dogmeat compared to the rest of the league and we cannot win if he goes down.

With this team, we could make the playoffs with Scott Zolak tossing the ball, IMO. But to the people who view life and the Pats though poop-covered lenses, I guess that makes me a homer.

Luckily, all those "realists" who panicked after game 1 in 2003 returned to claim to pats fans after all. And all those who are panicking now in stromy weather will be back by week three when the sailing is smooth, claiming to be fans and mocking Steeler fans (who at least support their team through thick and thin).

All Hail to the Fair Weather Fan. We await your return in Week 3.

Sheesh.

There's nothing wrong with being a realist. The key is to actually be one, and not just be an optimist or pessimist who doesn't understand one's self well enough to see what you are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back