Welcome to PatsFans.com

Remember that time...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sivy, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm gonna start this thread so I can get off the ledge of the bridge because you people around here are depressing me so much.

Rememeber that time Matt Cassel threw a pic in the miami game, and brady came back in and scored a touch down on the next drive?

Come on guys, share some favorite memories you have.

Rememeber that time....
  2. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Re: Remember that time....

Remember that time the Pats went 1-3 in the preseason and won the Super Bowl.
  3. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Second stringers or no, I really enjoyed Matty G and the whipping boys in concert last night at the end.
  4. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Remember that time the message board was full of naysayers who want the whole team blown up because of a few preseason losses?

But seriously, that Moss TD against the Jets when he blew by the entire secondary...awesome stuff. And Meriweather's huge hit on Ted Ginn in the second Miami game.
  5. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Remember that tiime Brady thew that pic in the playoff game against the chargers 2 years ago, and then that guy fumbled the ball and gave the pats a new set of downs.
  6. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

7. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +858 / 5 / -3

I am reserving my "remember the time" until Sunday night on September 7th. I will give you a preview of it though:

Remember the time when everyone on this board thought the Pats were emotionless, flat, old, eventhough it is preseason they were horrible, that this could be a down year for the Pats, etc. because of several preseason games?
  8. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

For those with no memory, please be aware that we have the greatest team of the decade playing right here in Foxboro.

I am confident this year will add to the legacy and hopefully cement the dynasty with #4.

I am all about this thread - no ledge jumpers allowed.
  9. PatsGAgirl

PatsGAgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

10. PatsGAgirl

PatsGAgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Remember that time ...AFC playoff against Denver (I know we lost, but) Brady threw the pic and diagonally across the field is Ben Watson, running as fast and as far as you can go to save the immediate touchdown. That is one of my all time favorite football plays, it gives me chills. Love it! So much heart and determination, never give up.
  11. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +94 / 3 / -1

I think the only thing we really have to remember is that the Patriots went to five of the last seven AFCCG's, that they went to four of the last seven SB's and won three of them. Only one team in the entire SB era has done better over so short a period of time, the Noll/Bradshaw Steelers, winning four of six SB's between the 74/75 and 79/80 seasons.

Love it. Love the team. Love the Sport, not just winning SB's.

Every team in the league wants to be what we are and do what we did. They aren't, they haven't and they won't!
  12. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +209 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Same here. I showed that clip to my son and told him that THAT was what a man does: He plays with everything he has until the whistle blows. Whether in football, or in the military (he's a soldier now). That one clip shows what it means to have heart, to never give up no matter the odds.

Regardless of what Watson does from here on out, I will always remember him because of that one single play.

Good memory, that. :)
  13. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Remember the time we proved our fickle-fanhood by freaking out at losing practice games with back-up's and athletes getting back into game shape?

Seriously though, remember win after win after win last year? No other team has given 18 wins in a row to their fans EVER. We lost one game last year and I might be the only one here who says so, but the Pat's were doubtless the best team last year, especially considering the distractions.

Official reminders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yOJ5LarUR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9uA9uMzN8w&feature=related

Look at all that lack of heart and determination... ;)
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  14. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Remember the Colts game where with 10 seconds left in the 1st half, the Colts scored and on the proceeding kick off, Bethel Johnson ran it all the way back, negating the Colts score, and taking any momentum the Colts thought they had....
  15. borg

borg Rookie

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -13

Remember that time...I was in the hot tub in the grotto at Hugh's mansion with 5 topless bunnies....oh...sorry...wrong forum!
  16. p8ryts

p8ryts Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I remember a pass to Deion Branch in the SB39, 15 or 20 yards crossing the middle with Lito Sheppard glued to him and the ball just inched over his figures and Deion snagged it for a key first down in the game.

Hey this is fun!!!!

Kill KC!!!!!!!!!
  17. hobbsownscoles

hobbsownscoles Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Remember when Bobby Boucher came back at halftime and the mugdogs won the bourbon bowl? do ya?
  18. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

the intentional safety in Denver and the subsequent TD

Vintieri to Brown for a TD
  19. Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Canada's #1 Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Playing the Dolphins at old Foxboro Stadium. Brady takes snap pitches out to Faulk who runs right - Brady is running down left sideline, Faulk stops and throws across the field to Brady who is wide open for 26 yards, IIRC.
  20. Skyzpop

Skyzpop Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Remember back in 2001 when the Patriots played the NY Jets and Drew Bledsoe got hit so hard by Mo Lewis that he had internal bleeding which opened the door for this young kid from Michigan named Tom Brady?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.