PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Releasing Fast Freddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCinPhilly

Rookie
Reaction score
Of all the things that will make us happier to beat you guys tomorrow, nothing will be better than BB's lame attempt to "figure out" our team. Um, we have a (finally) decent QB and a killer set of skill players on O, and a retooled top 5 D, N/M special teams. Please understand that while I have slight animosity towards your team vs Miami, this takes the cake in terms of gayness. If you need to be gay to win so be it.

All you have done is give our guys more motivation. In our lockeroom, Freddie was one of those guys that tried his best to keep our poorly coached team together last year. Our guys have been saying nothing but nice things about him, regardless of the fact that was now "playing" for you. If you aren't familiar with Buffalo, let me educate you - you just screwed up hardcore. The last thing on the planet you want is something to really bring our team together - we weren't sure about Jauron but things seem to look good. With this, it doesn't matter anymore. DJ could walk into our the lockeroom and say: "Go Win" and that's all we need. Honestly, if you do win tomorrow, know that all you did was get a guy to tell you the gameplan - it really doesn't matter. But it matters even less in the sense that win or lose tomorrow you just inadvertantly gave us a theme, a motto, whatever - something to rally on - very stupid.

Thanks for the extra motivation for our season. I guess BB isn't the genious everyone says he is. DUMB MOVE.

But what do you expect. With a team in obvious decline I guess you have to use whatever you can to get by.

Lastly, I would never have posted on your board without the fact that your tools are coming over to ours and talking smack.

Win or lose, at least we have class. Other than Brady, your team and your coaching staff are lower than whale**** in the ocean.

My first and last post, enjoy.:D

Don't forget to cry in your beer when the beating is over!!;)

The guy was cut before the Bills' final roster was set. I find this whole "he was acquired to learn the opponents gameplan" argument to be absurd. A team isn't going to install the gameplan until they know who is going to be on the team. If anything, he probably does know some things about the Pats gameplan. So, if the Pats had brought him in for intelligence reasons they would have kept him around through the game to ensure that he didn't share anything with his former teammates.

Who is Freddie? I thought the guy's name was Jonathan Smith.

and how much has ****BOYinPHILLY been drinking??!!

OCinPhilly said:
... if you do win tomorrow, know that all you did was get a guy to tell you the gameplan ...

You are joking, right? Please say you're joking. Your ex-player was not brought in to tell Belichick your game plan, he was brought in to return kicks because our rookie returner was injured. Apparently that injury is better because he's been activated for the game, making your guy's services unnecessary. Belichick doesn't need to hear your game plan from someone else, he can figure it out for himself. He probablly knows it better than Jauron does.

For some reason I have no interest in finding out, the Bills world calls Jonathan Smith 'fast freddie'.

I was incredulous to read the post here by OCinphilly and wondered if it was some kind of strange joke. It isn't. The folks in Buffalo are convinced that Belichick really signed Smith just to pick his brains. These folks are absolutely brainless. In a nutshell, do they think Smith would be able to divulge information that isn't on hundreds of hours of tape or that the Bills would have come up with some exotic new receiver route that no-one has ever thought about ? Or that Belichick isn't the most thorough coach in the NFL as far as installing defensive schemes for EVERY offensive situation that will come up.

Can you imagine Belichick or any of the coaches having time to try to extract information from Jonathon Smith ? Much less somehow or another fit in installing some new scheme and practicing it ?

Geesh.

This isn't just brainless fans either. Chris Brown, the buffalobills.com lead journalist is spouting this same c**p.
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

This is what I call having an excuse already lined up for when the Bills lose. If it helps you sleep better at night, then by all means use it.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Of course, when the Bills decided to sign Milloy, I'm sure it wasn't a factor at all that he had knowledge of our team, not at all. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Smith was signed because we needed a returner, but apparently he wasn't good enough to fulfill that need.

jaychamp said:
This is what I call having an excuse already lined up for when the Bills lose. If it helps you sleep better at night, then by all means use it.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Of course, when the Bills decided to sign Milloy, I'm sure it wasn't a factor at all that he had knowledge of our team, not at all. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Smith was signed because we needed a returner, but apparently he wasn't good enough to fulfill that need.

Bingo. Anyone believing the garbage that Chris Brown is spewing is an idiot.

OCinPhilly said:
Thanks for the extra motivation for our season. I guess BB isn't the genious everyone says he is.

No O in genius....two in MORON though.

OCinPhilly said:
Of all the things that will make us happier to beat you guys tomorrow, nothing will be better than BB's lame attempt to "figure out" our team. Um, we have a (finally) decent QB and a killer set of skill players on O, and a retooled top 5 D, N/M special teams. Please understand that while I have slight animosity towards your team vs Miami, this takes the cake in terms of gayness. If you need to be gay to win so be it.

All you have done is give our guys more motivation. In our lockeroom, Freddie was one of those guys that tried his best to keep our poorly coached team together last year. Our guys have been saying nothing but nice things about him, regardless of the fact that was now "playing" for you. If you aren't familiar with Buffalo, let me educate you - you just screwed up hardcore. The last thing on the planet you want is something to really bring our team together - we weren't sure about Jauron but things seem to look good. With this, it doesn't matter anymore. DJ could walk into our the lockeroom and say: "Go Win" and that's all we need. Honestly, if you do win tomorrow, know that all you did was get a guy to tell you the gameplan - it really doesn't matter. But it matters even less in the sense that win or lose tomorrow you just inadvertantly gave us a theme, a motto, whatever - something to rally on - very stupid.

Thanks for the extra motivation for our season. I guess BB isn't the genious everyone says he is. DUMB MOVE.

But what do you expect. With a team in obvious decline I guess you have to use whatever you can to get by.

Lastly, I would never have posted on your board without the fact that your tools are coming over to ours and talking smack.

Win or lose, at least we have class. Other than Brady, your team and your coaching staff are lower than whale**** in the ocean.

Of course this is your first and last time posting on here. Because when we kick your asses tomorrow, you can hide and not be held accountable for playing internet tough guy on our board.

Coward.

OCinPhilly said:
All you have done is give our guys more motivation. The last thing on the planet you want is something to really bring our team together - we weren't sure about Jauron but things seem to look good. With this, it doesn't matter anymore.

So let me get this straight. Your team needed BB to cut your former 5th receiver and back-up punt returner in order to get motivated? :rofl:

You sir, are a jack-hole.

Allrighty. From last reply to first in order:

1.) This is a message board. Everyone here can do what they want, including the mods. However, my point(first/last) has nothing to do with accountability. Rather, I figured I would be booted(like my account with the Dolfelons after two posts because I said Ricky Willams had questionable character - surprise, surprise:p ). I have no issue with answering for what I have said as long as I have an account here. I am only speaking from experience with another Afc east board. As far as my real toughness goes, play D1 for four years(all varsity) on a top ten lacrosse team and come back and talk tough guy!

2.) Glad to see you guys have the same spell checking twerps we do. Finally a purpose for English majors.

3.) Chris Brown has been covering the team for 15 years. Although he spins positive for us, he rarely gets things like this wrong. After the knob slobbing Joe Thiesman did with Bruschi it's hard for me to listen to people talk about the Bills and "the Media" and Homerism in the same sentence.

4.) You guys ****ed Milloy(just like Freddie) and we made you pay for it(Freddie was with you in 1.5 days after cuts - Milloy is a D guy and came in 2 days before the game? I might be wrong). Bottom line: there is no comparison. IMHO, in each case you guys played games with players. We don't. How's the Branch thing going?

5.) Please. We don't make excuses in Buffalo as we are devoted to the team(see 4 SB losses). How in the else do you explain my trifiling with you folks at 3:30 in the morning? Also, we had a 72,000 avg attendance last year and our first 5 games are sold out anyway - let's see the Pats go 5-11 and do the same. Well, I suppose there is always giving tickets away with a purchase of a Mach 3 razor - just like the old days.

6.) It's a nickname the team made up - whatddya want from me? Your own coach has said, on numerous occasions, that we have a new offense, new d, etc. The "hours of film" mean little. Look, I think we can all agree BB is a smart fella. If he can get any advantage, however dishonorable, he will take it. My post is not about BB being dumb, just lame. And yes, having made it to our camp this year, I can tell you that the sets, the plays/personnel are wildly different than anything I have seen before. They are calling it "crazy 8's" here. It's like run and shoot from the moon/oilers days but I don't know enough to explain it properly yet - not that i would anyway. :) We ran none of that in preseason games(except for two plays against Cleveland that I saw) though, hence no tape. Also, I think BB has plenty of time to listen to anybody who has personal knowledge of his opponent, and, as these guys are professionals, install it during the week. To say otherwise is merely silly.

7.) Um, what? Then why did you re-sign a guy that(I thought) you cut? Whatever - see #6.

8.) The rest have already been covered. Except for this: of course I have been drinking tonight! WTF! What, now you guys are gonna tell me you don't go out on Satruday? My team curfew days are long over - at least we can all drink to that!

All in all you guys kinda missed what I was saying. Regardless of what actually happened, do you honestly believe that this won't be used a motivation for us? Of course it will - good luck tomorrow - remember it's just what we do when we aren't working :) Now here's a real excuse - you probably won't need luck since the refs all pray to the almighty Brushci. And, I spent extra time to check this one so that I don't set off the spelling tool meter.

OCinPhilly said:
Um, we have a (finally) decent QB and a killer set of skill players on O, and a retooled top 5 D, N/M special teams.

I am mad at whoever changed the schedule and didn't notify me, because it apparently isn't Buffalo we are playing today!

OCinPhilly said:
2.) Glad to see you guys have the same spell checking twerps we do. Finally a purpose for English majors.

4 years of college worked wonders for you I see....:bricks:

OCinPhilly said:
As far as my real toughness goes, play D1 for four years(all varsity) on a top ten lacrosse team and come back and talk tough guy!

A top 10 lacrosse team? Impressive. I'm guessing its Duke.

OCinPhilly said:
I figured I would be booted(like my account with the Dolfelons after two posts because I said Ricky Willams had questionable character - surprise, surprise:p

"Dolfelons"? LMAO. I have to give you some props for that.

bmf31c said:
4 years of college worked wonders for you I see....:bricks:

In school, I missed the lessons in which the teacher explained that a sentence need not contain a verb. Unless I have missed something, "Finally a purpose for English majors" contains no verbs whatsoever. I was also unaware that English requires that one omit personal pronouns and, instead, start sentences with "Glad". I stand corrected.

I disagree with the poster that "Fast Freddie" was brought into the Patriots' camp in order to spy on Buffalo. However, should Bills lose to the Patriots, it will serve well as a ready-made excuse. Should Colvin stunt inside and get to Losman through blown protection, the Bills will be able to point to "Fast Freddie"'s knowledge of Offensive Line calls.
Should Ben Watson score on a 10 yard play action play, it will have been "Fast Freddie"'s knowledge of Defensive calls which will have led to the defeat.

OCinPhilly said:
As far as my real toughness goes, play D1 for four years(all varsity) on a top ten lacrosse team and come back and talk tough guy!
I'm pretty sure I can do better than that.
How about this, try working for over 5yrs as a Correctional Officer, spending 2 of those years in a Maximum Security Prison like I have.
I'd think that would kinda qualify me as tough, wouldn't you agree?
Oh, btw, I also played lacrosse.:D
edit: I am currently going through the initial interview process to become a State Police Officer.

Last edited:
I hate to even marginally agree with OCInPhilly, but the signing and releasing of Jonathan Smith sure smells of a tactic simply to get more information about the Bills. Who knows? This type of thing goes on at times in the NFL. There are rules about bringing in someone from someone else's Practice Squad in order to minimize this, but nothing to cover this situation. it wouldn't surprise me if more knowledge of the Bills schemes was part of the reason. Hey, coaches go to great lengths studying film in order to pick up even the slightest bit of information that will give you an edge. Talking to someone who was in the system can obviously provide something of value.

At any rate, it will probably have very little relevance to the actual game played on Sunday.

Last edited:
OCinPhilly said:

Then why'd you cut him, dweeb?

(I believe he's talking about Jonathan Smith, like we're supposed to know the knicknames of bottom of the roster players on the bottom feeding Bills.:rolleyes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News