PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REISS: Feature Story on Eliot Wolf: He's Built For This

"Ron was my boss, my mentor, and Eliot would be in the room and at first you're thinking 'He's the boss' kid.' But it didn't take long before you were like, 'Wow, he really knows his stuff,'" recalled Andrew Brandt, who joined the Packers in 1999 as vice president of finance.
Some of Wolf's closest friends say his memory is a steel trap. They also say you wouldn't believe his impeccable notes and scouting reports unless you saw them yourself.

Reminds me of stories I have read about players closely following older family members (Matthews, Manning and Long families). On the coaching side, beside Bill Belichick and his father Steve (with young BB scouting for his dad), there is Mike and Kyle Shanahan; Bum and Wade Phillips; Jim Mora Sr and Jr; Buddy and Rex Ryan; Marty and Brian Schottenheimer. The combination of being passionately involved in the craft at an early age, with having so much experience at an early age should not be discounted.

"Ron was my boss, my mentor, and Eliot would be in the room and at first you're thinking 'He's the boss' kid.' But it didn't take long before you were like, 'Wow, he really knows his stuff,'" recalled Andrew Brandt, who joined the Packers in 1999 as vice president of finance.
Some of Wolf's closest friends say his memory is a steel trap. They also say you wouldn't believe his impeccable notes and scouting reports unless you saw them yourself.

Reminds me of stories I have read about players closely following older family members (Matthews, Manning and Long families). On the coaching side, beside Bill Belichick and his father Steve (with young BB scouting for his dad), there is Mike and Kyle Shanahan; Bum and Wade Phillips; Jim Mora Sr and Jr; Buddy and Rex Ryan; Marty and Brian Schottenheimer. The combination of being passionately involved in the craft at an early age, with having so much experience at an early age should not be discounted.
My first thought was Stephen and Brian

Reactions: Ian
Nice to get a bit of a backstory for the guy holding the personnel cards...

One day I'd love to read a real breakdown of what he uses to measure the prospects... Get some real insight into whether the Patriot type player has changed

So..........................
"Robert Kraft's 5th son" Mike Reiss rolls out a timely Eliot Wolf fluff piece, almost on cue, after NE's anemic free agency period which was proceeded by Kraft's itemized list of excuses.

Stay Home Clean Up GIF by Rachael Ray Show
Back To The Future Time GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Last edited:
I thought of them too, but was looking for examples of the son(s) having achieved greater success than they have had thus far.
Well that's not going to happen with the Belichick's lol

Ian Logue and Mike Reiss speak over the phone often.
LOL, by email maybe once or twice a year - but that's about the extent of it. But definitely one of the nicest and most genuine guys you'll ever meet. Certainly lucky to have him on the beat here locally. ;)

Not to mention he's a "good friend" of Tom E ;)
Our Dude is C-O-N-N-E-C-T-E-D
Mr. Curran was being a little generous, albeit, I do appreciate it. ;)

Said it before and I stand by it now, Wolf has been bred to this like a bird dog.
Now it's time to find out if breeding tells and that dog can hunt

Said it before and I stand by it now, Wolf has been bred to this like a bird dog.
Both he and Highsmith have been solid. Excited to see how this plays out.

It’s also interesting when you think about it since, by now, if they had made mistakes or been poor previously, someone would’ve jumped all over it before now. But so far, that hasn’t been the case, and that’s a good sign.

Both he and Highsmith have been solid. Excited to see how this plays out.
Grade: Incomplete (in pen)/C (in pencil)

Grade: Incomplete (in pen)/C (in pencil)
Lol, I meant in terms of their history draft wise. But you’re right, we’ll see how it goes. :)

Loved the read.
Ian as Uber-Administrator if Wolfie does not pan out, you have the magical power to erase the article and any trace or response to it,
3 Body Problem style.

"Mild-mannered" Wolf, as in "mild-mannered" Clark Kent. Let's hope we have the Superman of the draft.

Of course he is made for this.....

Just like every single new coach, assistant, gm, etc is "made for this" as per the media. I do not think that means what they think it means.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back