PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox/Yankees Series: August 6th-9th

Friggin A-Rod ... oh well ... we had 15 innings to score we are in a slump ... a bad one.

Tazawa looks promising ... has some tight stuff but he's not ready yet.

Friggin A-Rod ... oh well ... we had 15 innings to score we are in a slump ... a bad one.

Tazawa looks promising ... has some tight stuff but he's not ready yet.

Yeah. If it continues, Tampa is going to take over second place by next week. We desperately need to get the bats going.

Ugh :violent:

Entertaining game though.

Last edited:
Very bad game to lose. Already in a slump, already lost 1 to yanks, have to use almost the whole bullpen, offense sucks. Not good for the Sox in any way, shape, or form

Very bad game to lose. Already in a slump, already lost 1 to yanks, have to use almost the whole bullpen, offense sucks. Not good for the Sox in any way, shape, or form
Yeah, the whole team is in a funk atm. We look tired and old. Something or someone needs to spark us.

And short stop.. we're cursed. I am certain of it.

This is the one game I thought we had a chance to win, no such luck.

This team is pathetic, now on a 4 game losing streak and are going to take consecutive sweeps to the Rays and Yankees. Earlier in the week, Lester gives up 1 run and Ks 10 and still loses. Now Beckett ****ing dominated the Yankees and shut them out, and he still ****ing loses. The offense is horribly inconsistent. But tonight? Tonight was just a new low. They pitched****ing Brumly and Coke. They pitched Alfredo 3 innings. AND WE MANAGE 4 HITS? 4 GODDAMN HITS WITH 0 RUNS? Once again, the Yankees tried to giftwrap a few runs to Boston, but we gladly ****ing rejected. They even got to face Joba in his JoBBA form last night, and still did ****.

We have ****ing Bucholz against Sabathia in which the Sox will proceed to lose 10-9 and then Lester will pitch and the Sox will lose 2-0. That ten number by the way doesn't even do justice for what I expect tomorrow, it is going to be BATTING practice for the Yankees, like career ending stuff for Bucky. I see him being completely lit up while everyone tries to tell me to keep waiting for him to develop. No thanks, the guy has sucked for two years now, one year wonders DO happen and he's one of them.

I ****ing love this 2 month slump this offense is in. I ****ing love how we decide to suck against teams in the ****ing playoff chase, such as New York, Tampa, and Texas. Of course, they have no problems beating the crappy team in the division, Baltimore.

The AL East? Done, over. NO CHANCE. I've completely abandoned any hope for that and it's becoming depressingly clear that Rangers or Rays will take over the Wild Spot soon and for good.

This team is pathetic, now on a 4 game losing streak and are going to take consecutive sweeps to the Rays and Yankees. Earlier in the week, Lester gives up 1 run and Ks 10 and still loses. Now Beckett ****ing dominated the Yankees and shut them out, and he still ****ing loses. The offense is horribly inconsistent. But tonight? Tonight was just a new low. They pitched****ing Brumly and Coke. They pitched Alfredo 3 innings. AND WE MANAGE 4 HITS? 4 GODDAMN HITS WITH 0 RUNS? Once again, the Yankees tried to giftwrap a few runs to Boston, but we gladly ****ing rejected. They even got to face Joba in his JoBBA form last night, and still did ****.

We have ****ing Bucholz against Sabathia in which the Sox will proceed to lose 10-9 and then Lester will pitch and the Sox will lose 2-0. That ten number by the way doesn't even do justice for what I expect tomorrow, it is going to be BATTING practice for the Yankees, like career ending stuff for Bucky. I see him being completely lit up while everyone tries to tell me to keep waiting for him to develop. No thanks, the guy has sucked for two years now, one year wonders DO happen and he's one of them.

I ****ing love this 2 month slump this offense is in. I ****ing love how we decide to suck against teams in the ****ing playoff chase, such as New York, Tampa, and Texas. Of course, they have no problems beating the crappy team in the division, Baltimore.

The AL East? Done, over. NO CHANCE. I've completely abandoned any hope for that and it's becoming depressingly clear that Rangers or Rays will take over the Wild Spot soon and for good.

Well you are certainly living up to your name.....Pessimistic Pete ;)

Seriously, hang in there. It is not over until the fat lady sings. I totally understand your frustration.......this team offensively has been a nightmare....we have no "uh-oh you might want to intentionally walk this guy" in our lineup right now. V-Mart, Bay, Youk, Pedey.....they WILL get it going. Need a good home stand to get them going again. Like you say, may be too late to win division the way the Stanks are playing......have to keep the faith for the wild card. Tampa has generally been inconsistent like us with pitching woes.......hang in there Pete

Over/Under asterisk count for Pete after today: 20

I'd like to hang on, stcjones but I just can't.

And I think I'm about to lose it because the Yankees are going to have home run derby in 5 minutes against Buchholz. He will continue being one of the biggest busts in history and I'd be shocked if he made it to the 5th inning, deff see him being pulled in the 4th.

And DV, if he performs as I expect today your number may be low.

Wow Buchholz. Can you be any more of a ****ing over hyped piece of ****? Seriously, you nearly cost us a playoff spot by sucking so badly last year, and here you are working your ****ing magic vs. the Yankees. Is it really necessary to ****ing run every count up to 3-0 or 3-2? If it wasn't for the GIDPeter magic, you'd would've coughed up even more runs in that inning. I'm still the only ****ing Sox fan that doesn't trust your sorry ass.

Yeah, I'm making this post after one run in the third inning. One run is all you need to get around our offense which has what, gone 20+ innings without a ****ing run? ****ing my CG 2 hit SO, Sabathia's going to ****ing go for a perfect game! PERFECT GAME through 4 innings now. No one on this ****ing team can hit anymore. Seriously, can you ****ing find a more inept offense in the league as of late? Just ****ing wow. Great for Jason Bay to miss the biggest series of the season.

5.5 games back. Just 1 more game until we get our sorry asses ****ing swept. I love how Boston can't just win at least one ****ing game IN THEIR BIG RIVARLY WEEK. Once again, the superior teams are showing Boston who's winning the AL East and who isn't.

This is the fourth inning, I'd be SHOCKED if he gets out of it alive.

Over/Under asterisk count for Pete after today: 20

LMAO. I have to admit that I'm starting to agree with him. The Yanks are on top 2-0 in the 7th now. Hopefully, someone or something can spark our offense and get us going.

23 straight scoreless innings....is it football season yet?

Last edited:

Ok, you can come back now and re-cap Bucholz's performance.

Comparing team averages of the 1-7 hitters on each team:

Red Sox v Yankees
AVG: .280....... .280
OBP: .361....... .373
SLG: .458....... .498

.04 difference in slugging is a huge difference.

The offense is in a huge slump at a bad time, they better get there acts together tomorrow and not get swept

FINALLY !!!

Victor Martinez hits a bomb 2-1 Red Sox.

Last edited:
Bard gave it right back. Hmmm. x 2. ****.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back