PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ALDS: Red Sox vs Angels [5 game series]

The home plate umpire was absolutely pathetic!:mad:

The announcers mentioned something about payback (not exactly the word they used) in regards to the previous pitch in which Ellsbury complained about. I hope that is not the case. I know a few years ago, the umps and players were really getting into it with each other and there were bad calls made because of personalities.

The announcers mentioned something about payback (not exactly the word they used) in regards to the previous pitch in which Ellsbury complained about. I hope that is not the case. I know a few years ago, the umps and players were really getting into it with each other and there were bad calls made because of personalities.

There's no doubt umps have pride. You see this thing constantly where if a player shows up an ump, they are going to pay the price on any borderline pitches. The Ellsbury pitch wasn't even borderline, it was way outside according to the TBS strike zone, and it was outside of where the catcher had set up, which was already barely within the strike zone. It was a revenge call, no doubt.

But the umps sucked both ways last nite, the plate umpire wasn't consistent.

Sox lost that one on their own. They had opportunities and squandered them.

Last edited:
Pedroia cant buy a hit right now.This guy needs to get going.The bats need to come through tonight and hope that Lester gives them a big game.I just dont trust Dice K in a game 5 and going back to their place will suck.

Last edited:
Blame the umpire all you want, but when you only get 7 hits in a 12 inning game its going to be pretty difficult to win. They have no one to blame but themselves for the loss.

Not to mention 3 of their 4 runs were handed to them on a silver platter.

Beckett did not have it last night, Lester is now our ace, so it's do or die with him tonight.

The pressure is on the Red Sox tonight; they lose and it's back to California for a game 5. Plus, I doubt we'll see Pap tonight, so they had better salt this one away early.

Can you say Manny as the closer if needed tonight?

Yikes.

"Pedroia cant buy a hit right now.This guy needs to get going.The bats need to come through tonight and hope that Lester gives them a big game."

It's tough to get anything going with an automatic out in the two hole, unless he gets it going tonight.

And I'm sorry, Ortiz is not the same hitter without Manny behind him. Say what you want about Manny (his performance since the trade and in the NLDS turns my stomach, talk about a guy who was dogging it here), but he is money in the playoffs, career home run leader in the playoffs with 26 bombs.

And Lowell is out there on one leg; he should sit down, he's a step slower at third. Put Youk over there and Casey at first.

I never thought it would come to this, but there you go. I would have preferred a 4 to 1 loss last night, put it behind you and move on. Hope last nights extra inning affair didn't suck the life out of this team, we'll find out soon enough.

I cant stand the rays.They are doing their job so far.I think getting a lead will be critical for this team.Lester pitched well last time but he got out of some jams.I hope this time he pitches without jams and we get an early lead.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back