PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ALDS: Red Sox vs Angels [5 game series]

Vlad is really run down with injuries...his knees are that of Andre Dawson.

That makes sense. I was thinking he was faster then what he showed last night. That being the case, what was he thinking, 'glory days'. Couldn't get that Springsteen song out of his head.

Manny who?!?!

why did francona leave okajima in the game in the 7th?:confused:

JD Drew attaboy!
This was worth staying up for. Great series so far.

See? The Sox knew what they were doing when they put Drew on the roster. His back is fine.

A lot of people. I wasn't referencing you. Several people on WEEI and other places didn't think that Drew should be on the roster since he didn't do anything in September.

What a catch by Youk for out #2!!!!

SWEET!!!!! 2-0 Sox!!!! :singing:

And to show the uselessness of the stat, Papelbon gets the blown save.

Last edited:
Man that game was great.

Does anyone else feel like the TBS crew (minus Eck) is really biased? They sound like their dogs just died.

i didn't notice that at all. and i usually pick up on that crap. i like there broadcast team much better than fox.

i didn't notice that at all. and i usually pick up on that crap. i like there broadcast team much better than fox.

Agree. Except for that joker in the lime green suit, the announcing was fine. Buck Martinez is one of the best analysts I've ever heard. I've learned a lot from him on pitching strategies.

Great game!!!

I meant the analysts at the table afterwards. I guess it's just me.

But yeah I totally agree, I can't stand Joe Buck. I thought Orsillo and Harold Reynolds were really good in the Rays/ChiSox game earlier too. I guess they don't want Orsillo doing Sox games because he might be biased. I wish TBS had the playoffs all the way through. The only good thing about Fox Baseball is the theme song.

I meant the analysts at the table afterwards. I guess it's just me.

But yeah I totally agree, I can't stand Joe Buck. I thought Orsillo and Harold Reynolds were really good in the Rays/ChiSox game earlier too. I guess they don't want Orsillo doing Sox games because he might be biased. I wish TBS had the playoffs all the way through. The only good thing about Fox Baseball is the theme song.

It was very enjoyable to listen to these commentators. I turned it off after the last out so I didn't catch anything but sleep. FOX announcers are a joke, I typically wait to fingers on the chalkboard before I mute. The worst announcer is Hawk 'he gone' Harrelson. What a homer. Unfortunately, living in Chicago, I get to hear him too often. When he was the GM of the White Sox, he wanted coaches who were great players (coming from a career 233 hitter), so he fired Tony Larussa. Sorry for the Minni rant.

Its gonna suck hearing Joe Buck and Tim McCarver do the ALCS.I just dont like them and they seem anti-red sox.

A couple of questions for Foley, our baseball expert around here.

Why did Terry lead with Okie in the 6th, isn't he the 8th inning guy?
Why did Terry go with him for 2 (tried to anyway), Masterson for 2 (tried to anyway) and pap for two? Aren't they all basically one inning guys?
Is Manny Delcarmen in the dog house as I thought he'd be the first guy out of the pen last night.

Two great wins for this club, I am stoked. The Angels are dead men walking at this point; just goes to show you the regular season means nothing. This club is money, they do all the little things right, remind me somewhat of those Yankee teams of the late 90's with a bunch of guys who just know how to win.

As much as I miss Manny, Bay is a player............

Its not over yet and i doubt this team will get overconfident.The funny thing is that we are doing this without Pedroia hitting.Dustin still hasnt gotten on base as much.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back