Tonight
John Smoltz vs. Joba Chamberlain

Friday
Josh Beckett vs. A.J. Burnett

Saturday
Clay Bucholz vs. CC Sabathia

Sunday
Jon Lester vs. Andy Pettitte

Jason Bay will be missing the first few games at least.

Red Sox win two games this series and they'll clinch the season series.

I'd be cool with a split right now.

Bay is going to miss at least 2 of the games:enranged:

Sox lineup tonight

1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
3. Victor Martinez, C
4. Kevin Youkilis, LF :eek:
5. David Ortiz, DH
6. J.D. Drew, RF
7. Mike Lowell, 3B
8. Casey Kotchman, 1B
9. Jed Lowrie, SS

Pressure is all on the Red Sox this weekend.

If we get swept, this race is over. 6.5 is just too much to chase for a team as talented as the Yankees.

Even if we win 3/4 in this series we'll still be half a game behind the Yankees.

Pressure is all on the Red Sox this weekend.

If we get swept, this race is over. 6.5 is just too much to chase for a team as talented as the Yankees.

Even if we win 3/4 in this series we'll still be half a game behind the Yankees.
You really are a sad sack. The David Koresh outlook brings so much to the table.

Boston will be fine and we'll bring the game. It's the Yankees... we have too.

Anyone else embarrassed by this pitching performance, let alone leaving a lazy 25 on base through 6.

A sad sack? More like frustrated with a team that is playing like **** and had they not been beaten by the Yankees who were willing to pay a little more they would have Teixeira and the division lead right now.

Well, now we're guaranteed to still be out of first place by the end of this series. The only question now is, by how many games?

I have a really bad feeling we're going to lose 3/4 and be 4.5 games out come Monday.

Smoltz is god damn DONE. If he starts another game this season I'm going to have a nervous breakdown, stick a fork in him and call it a day. If that isn't bad enough I have to see Bucholz on the mound Saturday, god damn it.

And for the love of God I can't stand Ortiz. His good season's were had because he was on steriods and newsflash; he's not anymore. He's never going to be good enough to be a DH for the Boston Red Sox again, guy went 0-5 tonight. I can't believe people have the mentality that we should still be kissing his ass for his roided up championship seasons instead of focusing on his TRASH play off the juice. THERE WILL BE NO RETURN TO GLORY, HIS STATS ARE A DIRECT RESULT OF STEROIDS.

When he's retired I'll look back on the good times, but right now and for the rest of career HE'S USELESS.

And not just Ortiz (thats a given) but as a team we left so many god damn guys on base tonight. For example while Kotchman did have a HR, when down 9-4 against a guy who had just loaded the bases, he swung at the first pitch (a ball), took a ball then proceeded to swing at two more balls. REALLY?!

If we don't win tomorrow then a sweep becomes a scary reality. An absolute embarrassment tonight. Rangers and Rays both won tonight as well and are both right in striking distance.

With the wonderful benefit of 20-20 hindsight, the Sox would have been better off if that ball hadn't got stuck under that bag in the Ray's bullpen a couple days ago. The Sox end up losing anyways while using up the bullpen; would rather have lost in nine and had those arms ready for this series - and if they were going to lose it would have been just as well to get out of town a little bit earlier too.

Can Theo Epstein get some blame here?!He brung in Smoltz and Pennny.They both suck and they dont keep their team in the game!I am also tired of the hype on Clay Buchholz.Where is this great stuff?He pitches scare most of the time and his location if his mediocre fastball is terrible!This pitching staff is in shambles and now they re counting on 50 year old Wakefield coming back and Dice K whose afraid of contact and is a nibbler!

Smoltz just pitched the worst game and the guy who came in after him did no better

At what point did we go from being a feared and deep batting line-up to a bunch of Double AA swinging inept fools?

How about getting back to the basics and putting runners on base and not trying to hit a home run every at bat.

Frustrating!!!

0-0 with the most deadly part of the Yankees line-up coming up to bat.

First time that's happened tonight. ;)

I was actually relieved and thought we had this one just now... then I saw that Varitek was coming up to bat. :(

Tazawa pitching in the 14th inning ... kid is sh!tting bricks on the mound.

Your 1st game in the bigs in the 14th inning at Yankee Stadium ... priceless.

what a grab

JD Drew just made a leaping catch to keep the Sox alive ... 2 outs in the 14th.
This is an unreal game.

Well Tazawa got through it ... phew ... I am exhausted.

Just wow JD. I take back all my negative commentary in the other thread regarding him of late. That was an amazing catch.. and he casually walks back after it!

Tazawa gets tashata(sic) to strike out on high heat ... :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back