@ Orioles (3)

Rays (81-64)
Games left: 17

@ Orioles (3)
@ Red Sox (4)
@ Yankees (3)
vs Blue Jays (2)
vs Yankees (3)

For the Rays to pass the Sox in Wild Card standings...

Red Sox go 0-16 / Rays go 5-12 (4-13 to tie)
Red Sox go 1-15 / Rays go 6-11 (5-12 to tie)
Red Sox go 2-14 / Rays go 7-10 (6-11 to tie)
Red Sox go 3-13 / Rays go 8-9 (7-10 to tie)
Red Sox go 4-12 / Rays go 9-8 (8-9 to tie)
Red Sox go 5-11 / Rays go 10-7 (9-8 to tie)
Red Sox go 6-10 / Rays go 11-6 (10-7 to tie)
Red Sox go 7-9 / Rays go 12-5 (11-5 to tie)
Red Sox go 8-8 / Rays go 13-4 (12-5 to tie)
Red Sox go 9-7 / Rays go 14-3 (13-4 to tie)
Red Sox go 10-6 / Rays go 15-2 (14-3 to tie)
Red Sox go 11-5 / Rays go 16-1 (15-2 to tie)
Red Sox go 12-4 / Rays go 17-0 (16-1 to tie)

If tied, then they would play a one game elimination game, which would currently be held in Tampa due to them leading the season series. (Best Red Sox can do is tie season series)

Last edited:
Red sox were in first place and now they have to go for the wild card. For losing 1st place they deserve to not go to the playoffs at all. If they do go they'll just choke it away anyway.

In the *****-fest that only looks at the usual suspects, with varying degrees of reasonableness, (lackey, Crawford, Dice-K, Albers, Wheeler, Drew, etc.), worth keeping in mind things like McDonald's errors yesterday, which may have cost us the game, and Reddick's just now, which has let at least one run in.

Simply terrible baseball.

Red Sox, what else is there left to say? It's hard to see this team making any sort of impact in the playoffs even if they do make it.

i think the sox should start resting the team and get them ready for the 2012 playoffs lol. maybe line there uniforms in bubble rap. there's going to be a lot of changes in the off season. at least i hope so. who knows maybe they will use injuries as a excuse and do nothing.

Last edited:
i think the sox should start resting the team and get them ready for the 2012 playoffs lol. maybe line there uniforms in bubble rap. there's going to be a lot of changes in the off season. at least i hope so. who knows maybe they will use injuries as a excuse and do nothing.

Has that generally been the m.o. of this front office and ownership?

Has that generally been the m.o. of this front office and ownership?

i dont know what they are going to do. all i know is they got more than just injury problems on that team. its amazing how tampa just keeps winning when you consider all the players they lost in the off season and they have the second lowest payroll in baseball. they are just amazing. young talented arms all over the place on that team. even the healthy players for the flop sox are stinking up the joint.

Last edited:
i dont know what they are going to do. all i know is they got more than just injury problems on that team. its amazing how tampa just keeps winning when you consider all the players they lost in the off season and they have the second lowest payroll in baseball. they are just amazing. young talented arms all over the place on that team. even the healthy players for the flop sox are stinking up the joint.

There you have it -- pitching.

Question will be whether they ever turn into more than, say, the As, or the Indians or Twins, did over the past 15 years or so.

Injuries are the biggest problem -- add Buchholz to the mix and this season is drastically different. But so be it -- he did get hurt, and they are where they are.

Regardless of how the season plays out, I don't think you'll see complacency. I know firsthand that at least one owner is a very competitive guy who doesn't take losing well.

Guy calls WEEI today and says the Red Sox are moving to the Philippines.

The new name of the team will be the "Manilla Folders" ......... :eek::bricks::bricks::bricks:

Given how poorly the Sox are playing, it would be nice if the umps stopped taking runs away from them.

Is it time to start considering a replacement for Tito, Theo or both? I don't want to sound ungrateful for what they have done at the Red Sox, but this is unacceptable from a nearly 170 million dollar pay roll.

Insert - this isn't an over reaction more a topic that may merit discussion.

Last edited:
josh beckett is a overratted stiff. 6 runs he gives up to the orioles? you have got to be kidding me. in sept no less. lester hasnt been much better. both these guys cant cry about being hurt either. im sorry but im disgusted by this team. when was the last time this team won 2 in a row anyway?

Last edited:
Do we have a pitching coach?

We need to hang this guy up from his balls.

Do we have a pitching coach?

We need to hang this guy up from his balls.

Curt Young? I've been wondering if he's had any success elsewhere.

When Bard mentioned that he had realized the flaw in his mechanics himself, that was more than a bit worrisome. That right there cost us, what, 2 or 3 wins? (granted, the first one would have happened regardless.)

blame the pitchers not the pitching coach.

Last edited:
I just wish the regular season would be over already, regardless of what happens with the sox. I can't take it anymore, every time I turn on espn its all about PANIC in boston. Starting to drive me crazy, thank the good lord for the patriots, at least us new englanders have something to hang our hats on.

Is it time to start considering a replacement for Tito, Theo or both? I don't want to sound ungrateful for what they have done at the Red Sox, but this is unacceptable from a nearly 170 million dollar pay roll.
I remember people saying the exact same thing in Septmeber of 2007. I seem to recall that they each got much, much smarter in the month of October.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back