PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox vs Rays Game 2

the sox lost a big game last year at home in game two in extra innings . then had to go to Cleveland. hopefully the sox wil rebound. somebody needs to put timlin out of his misery because hes causing me nothing but:mad: whats the format for this series anyway? is it 2-2-1-1-1 0r 2-3-2?

Its 2-3-2.The bottom line is that this team needs game 3 more then the rays do.

home field is extremely overrated in baseball. the sox arent going to win all three games at home but they will win another game at the trop.

We need two at our house and one at the Trop, and I personally feel we can do it with Lester going two games and Dice-K going one more, not to mention Wake can shut down the Rays on any given day if he has the knuckler.
Idea here don't kill me, but has anyone thought about putting Byrd in for Beckett. Don't get on me about him being our ace because I know he has been great for us, but maybe just for the postseason we should consider it, I believe Beckett just needs a relaxing offseason to get himself together, like Papi does.

Last edited:
I know this is 20-20 hindsight, but why lift Papelbon and bring in Timlin? I realize Papelbon had pitched 1 1/3 innings, but he had only thrown 15 pitches. Beckett gets left in too long, Papelbon gets pulled too quickly. The Rays left their closer in the game for 3 1/3 innings (46 pitches.) I wouldn't suggest leaving Papelbon in that long, but with an off day Sunday and the distinct possibility he won't be needed today (with lester pitching), it would have made sense to let Papelbon pitch one more inning in my opinion.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back