PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox vs Rays Game 2

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Wow Beckett looked like DOG MEAT out there. And why the hell weren't they walking Longoria on 3-0 and 3-1 counts? It was suicide to go straight at him on those kind of ball counts. Results 2 homeruns and a double 3 rbis and 3 runs scored to ONE guy. How the hell do you let ONE guy beat you when you could have just walked him on those counts instead? Francona stays with 'his guys' way too long again. Instead of being up 6-5 we're down 8-6 now.

jeez, bosox and rays trying to set a playoff game homer record tonight?

jeez, bosox and rays trying to set a playoff game homer record tonight?

The Red Sox need more long balls after all the runs their pitchers have given up!!

I'd like to see Ellsbury get it going actually. If he can get on base, he's got an excellent chance to move up to 2nd and scoring position. Then again Pedroia is hitting everything outside of the park tonight. :)

i think with the way boston is playing tonight, aside from pitching, i can't imagine this series getting out of boston, even if they lose tonight

edit* unless it's a 2-2-1-1-1 series (i've got no idea lol)

Last edited:
Talk about a LONG game................

And I hate to question Francona, but this is 2 nights in a row where he is made some questionable decisions.

Last night he puts Matsuzaka back out there after 7 innings and 100+ pitches and Matsuzaka gives up 2 hits.

And tonight he kept in Beckett to long. Gotta pull him after the first hit in the 5th.

Whatever the guy has brought 2 rings to Boston.

AND hats off to Bay, Youk and Pedroia tonight.

Woot we're tied 8-8!

Pedroia does it again! Lead off single, and scores on a wild pitch.

Man this game is wild...

Timlin in, game over.

Why Timlin. Seriously just brutal might as well not even come out just give them the game what is Tito thinking. Some very questionable decisions this game. Leaving beckett in there the extra inning very well could cost us this game
runners on 2 and 3 Ugh.

why not byrd did we not have anyone else i mean ANYONE. Throw me out there i could do better

ridiculous

The umpiring has been very suspect this inning how do they call the ball on Kotsay a strike and then the one on Zobrist a ball. Unbelievable.:mad:

Having Timlin in is bad enough.. Having Timlin in with the umpire helping out is worse.

That fifth inning was the backbreaker. Horrific.

Screw the Raybies and the HP ump.

Of course the hatred for this announcing crew goes without saying.

EFF ME
not surprised in the least.
Bad decisions lost this game. im so pissed right now.

is anyone else incredibly frustrated with Ortiz by the way the guy is absolutely useless up there right now. Same with elsbury fighting the ball every pitch tough to get in a role with your 1 and 3 guaranteed outs

Putting aside my obvious displeasure once Timlin stepped in, leaving 22 players on base is what killed us tonight.

Great game that kept you on the knife's edge, chopped off with bitter disappointment.

3 up 3 down at Fenway hopefully.

I have a pretty bad feeling after this game after seeing Beckett he just doesnt look right. What ever reason i dont see how he will miraculously bounce back in game 6 and shoot the lights out. I think game 3 is a MUST win cus i dont like wakes vs sonnanstine.

sh!t i forgot the setup that game 5 is in fenway! i think that works against us cus DiceK is so good on the road! Crap!!! now i really feel ill

haha sox in 7 still

Last edited:
Ellsbury.. Ellsbury.. 0 for 6? Lead-off?

OY.

I hope Lester can dominate Monday.

Lots of blame goes around, but that was one of the worst managed games by Francona as a Red Sox manager.

Why he had such a slow hook on Beckett who looked like crap all night, yet took Papelbon and Masterson out after 18 pitches is baffling. With an off day tomorrow there is no reason for the two of them not to each throw 2IP in a game like this, especially since they were both doing so well. And if Byrd is not used in situations like this then he has no purpose on the playoff roster.

Last edited:
The folks at Rotoworld think the Sox got screwed...

"The ALCS heads back to Boston at 1-1. Upton managed to get the job done in the 11th, but only because it was Fernando Perez on third base and J.D. Drew made a bad throw home on the fly to shallow right. The Rays got the leadoff man on in the inning because umpire Sam Holbrook called a pitch that had just been strike three to Mark Kotsay with two on in the 10th ball four to Dioner Navarro. The Rays caught another break on a ball to Ben Zobrist that was clearly a strike, helping Zobrist walk, and on an extremely borderline check-swing call on what could have been strike three to Jason Bartlett."

Looks like that ump wanted to go to bed:mad::mad:

Once again, our season rest on Jon Lester.This team last night left so many baserunners in scoring position.Ellsbury is looking like crap and Ortiz still doesnt have his swing.

Lester at home...I'm almost willing to put a guarantee on this.:rocker:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back