PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reality check: Belichick post-2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the question is what we need to do to improve the team (or even keep the same) and play better in the clutch. To state the obvious.

Simple yes/no question - you've pretty much stated what I've been trying to say, yet you neglected to mention anything about coaching - do you believe that coaching can help us play better in the clutch in the future?

You need time to get over the loss, instead of nit-picking those who dare question Belichick and the coaching staff. The Sox look pretty good this year, that should lift your spirits.

Past it, kiddo. Hence the focus on the future, rather than the past.

Go to a red sox forum and talk about the sox. No problem with them, I'm just more of a football fan.

PFnV

This was the most underwhelming offensive performance in the playoffs/Super Bowl relative to the regular season in the Belichick era. To think that it averaged only 22 ppg compared to 20 ppg in 2001, that's unthinkable.
Yes it wasn't a GREAT offensive game...are you negating all that went on in the 18 games before?? Or is it only THAt game that matters?? If you wish to judge a coach ONLY by that game..that is fine.. I wouldn't...and I would hope both OCs learn and improve..but to me that is obvious..and it wouldn't matter whether they won or lost the game either...

Yes it wasn't a GREAT offensive game...are you negating all that went on in the 18 games before?? Or is it only THAt game that matters?? If you wish to judge a coach ONLY by that game..that is fine.. I wouldn't...and I would hope both OCs learn and improve..but to me that is obvious..and it wouldn't matter whether they won or lost the game either...

Well, you have to consider the entire body of work for the 2007 season, and the offense certainly looked great most of the year...but I won't get into it again

Well, you have to consider the entire body of work for the 2007 season, and the offense certainly looked great most of the year...but I won't get into it again
yes..."looked great". one of the best of all time?? OR do you not believe that...It's OK if you do not mo sense arguing that point..
I am glad you admit that one has to look at ALL the year..one has to do that with both the offense and defense.. I do think they COULD improve on the offense, but I think more so on the D..but ANY team can always improve..

yes..."looked great". one of the best of all time?? OR do you not believe that...It's OK if you do not mo sense arguing that point..
I am glad you admit that one has to look at ALL the year...

Yeah, I look at the 2007 Pats offense the same way I do the 98 Vikings offense, the 01 Rams offense and the 04 Colts offense - great, except on the day it needed to be.

That's why I emphasize ALL year, but you have to respect the priority of the games as well.

That's why I emphasize ALL year, but you have to respect the priority of the games as well.
ALL year is the season and playoffs...I am not sure what you are saying though..how much MORE important is that Super Bowl...than the season as a whole in your thinking?? Is it 10 times MORE important? Five times?? Are you saying because their offense was "inadequate" in the Super Bowl that that is MORE important than the whole season and what they did? One game versus 18 other games? Just trying to understand what you mean.

ALL year is the season and playoffs...I am not sure what you are saying though..how much MORE important is that Super Bowl...than the season as a whole in your thinking?? Is it 10 times MORE important? Five times??

Jesus, the Super Bowl is infinitely more important than any regular season game. Consider this season we only scored 14 in a Super Bowl, when we scored 38 against the SAME TEAM 5 weeks earlier.

Jesus, the Super Bowl is infinitely more important than any regular season game. Consider this season we only scored 14 in a Super Bowl, when we scored 38 against the SAME TEAM 5 weeks earlier.
Since you didn't really answer the question..which is telling..except with the word "infinitely"...I think you need to get a bit of perspective on things and am glad that you are not runing the Patriots organization..So..you would base judgements "infinitely" more for one game that on an entire season?? You said that..I didn't..I may not be commenting again on this as I know you will have to have the last word and will be sarcastic, OR tell me what I need to do..OR make some other childish comment....

Since you didn't really answer the question..which is telling..except with the word "infinitely"...I think you need to get a bit of perspective on things and am glad that you are not runing the Patriots organization..So..you would base judgements "infinitely" more for one game that on an entire season?? You said that..I didn't..I may not be commenting again on this as I know you will have to have the last word and will be sarcastic, OR tell me what I need to do..OR make some other childish comment....

No, I answered the question, just not the way you wanted it, which seems to be an issue with you. I'm sure Belichick isn't judging his 2007 offensive performance based on a 56-point outing in Buffalo. I am also glad that you are not ruining the Pats organization.

Last edited:
No, I answered the question, just not the way you wanted it, which seems to be an issue with you. I'm sure Belichick isn't judging his 2007 offensive performance based on a 56-point outing in Buffalo. I am also glad that you are not ruining the Pats organization.
Atually you didn't answer it which is fine with me for it shows what you are all about...Just where did I say CoachB should be judging the season by that?? typical of the way you make things up... know you can''t find anywhere where I said that..can you..but that is OK..There are some Patriot fans that are as annoying as many of the trolls from other boards..and you are one of them..and I think many might agree..

Last edited:
Atually you didn't answer it which is fine with me for it shows what you are all about...Just where did I say CoachB should be judging the season by that?? typical of the way you make things up... know you can''t find anywhere where I said that..can you..but that is OK..There are some Patriot fans that are as annoying as many of the trolls from other boards..and you are one of them..and I think many might agree..

Well you make up your own interpretations of my comments so I guess we're even.

We certainly were not outcoached in the two playoff losses prior to this one. We were largely overmatched because of holes in the defense not only in those two loss, but also the San Diego game in 06. Denver was on Brady's shoulders. Instead of us having a touchdown the broncos took it 98 yards and scored the next play. The colts game was on the defense and the fact we were thin at LB, and Harrison was out. If you don't have the personnel, you can't be expected to win. The two years before this year, we overachieved greatly. Our 05 team was easily the worst we've had since our run started, and 06 we just held our composure in a lot of games when others didn't. We weren't more talented than any playoff teams in 05 or 06 other than the jets. Coaching is hardly the issue then. Last week sure, but not before then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft