PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reality Arriving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wanted reality. This is reality. Stop dodging the question. Again, of the 4 AFCE teams, how would you rank the QBs based upon last year?
It's a pointless and, frankly, rather puerile discussion.

Sorry.

It's a pointless and, frankly, rather puerile discussion.

Sorry.

I love that a Jets fan is afraid to rank the QBs.

As for pointless and puerile, that would apply more to your posts than to a discussion of the division's quarterbacks on a football message board.

Those losses are recent. Their Super Bowl rings are not.

So now you're fine with the past, but you think you should get to choose the cutoff date. How convenient for you.

Last edited:
So now you're fine with the past, but you think you should get to choose the cutoff date. How convenient for you.

Yeah, forgive me: I think there's a small distinction to be made between what happened in January of this year and what happened in 2001-2004.

My bad.

Does anyone have any objective argument or is this all ad hominem nonsense?

Last edited:
I hate to break it to you, buddy, but the Patriots have lost their last four playoff games. No one can take away the rings that they've won, but they're starting to fade into the past. And Brady knows it. That's why, by his own admission, he'll never get over last year's loss.

If you want to trade on three rings, you can, but if that's your thing, there's probably no sense in discussing this season.

The past is over.

A) Your facts are wrong.
B) How can a Super Bowl loss be humiliating, while consecutive AFCCG losses are an accomplishment?
C) You're right, the past is over. So stop bringing it up.

Last edited:
Yeah, forgive me: I think there's a small distinction to be made between what happened in January of this year and what happened in 2001-2004.

My bad.

Ad hominem doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. Nothing that Deus wrote in that post could be construed as anything even close to ad hominem.

It was three, not four. The point still stands: your team has a problem in the playoffs.

So a Super Bowl loss is humiliating and evidence of a problem, while consecutive AFCCG losses are a notable accomplishment? I don't follow. By your definition, it appears that both teams have a playoff problem.

Last edited:
Ad hominem doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. Nothing that Deus wrote in that post could be construed as anything even close to ad hominem.

It's all ad hominem, albeit thinly disguised.

So a Super Bowl loss is humiliating and evidence of a problem,

Not so much that as the fact that they haven't won a playoff game since.

while consecutive AFCCG are a notable accomplishment? I don't follow.

Beats what the patriots have managed since 2007. The air of invincibility is gone.

Last edited:

My bad.

My questions have been objective in nature. You're just dodging them. Also, you don't seem to know what ad hominem means, so you should probably look it up before using it again.

Last edited:
My questions have been objective in nature. You're just dodging them. Also, you don't seem to know what ad hominem means, so you should probably look it up before using it again.

You asked one question that has nothing to do with anything. What else do you have? How about some real debate instead of a my-dad-can-beat-up-your-dad argument? Brady is better than Mark Sanchez. Everyone knows that. He's been better than Mark Sanchez every time the teams have played, but here's the thing: Sanchez came out a winner three out of the five times, including the most important game.

Last edited:
Not so much that as the fact that they haven't won a playoff game since 2007.

Ok, so the problem is the last two losses. You've shifted your point quite a bit now, but I won't dwell on that.

Beats what the patriots have managed since 2007.

So since 3 years ago, the most recent time that the Pats did something the Jets haven't done in 40 years, the Jets have managed to lose slightly later in the playoffs than the Patriots did. That's a hell of a thing to hang your hat on.

Last edited:
Not so much that as the fact that they haven't won a playoff game since.

Beats what the patriots have managed since 2007. The air of invincibility is gone.

You're right, the Jets are better in that regard. The Patriots have never lost back to back AFCCGs. You guys really take losing to a whole new level. I pity you guys, but maybe I shoudnt. You seem to find happiness in being terrible.

Last edited:
You asked one question that has nothing to do with anything. What else do you have? How about some real debate instead of a my-dad-can-beat-up-your-dad argument?

QBs have nothing to do with anything? That's new, definitely haven't heard that one before.

You asked one question that has nothing to do with anything. What else do you have? How about some real debate instead of a my-dad-can-beat-up-your-dad argument?

I asked 2 questions. You've completely dodged one, and tried to split hairs with the other. So, let's get back to the question that counts moving forward, since past is past, according to you.

Based upon what we saw last year, how would you rank the AFCE QBs?

So your argument is that there's a huge difference between losing in the AFCCG versus the divisional round.

I think there's a big psychological difference going forward into the 2011 season, yes. The Jets have won four playoff games in the last two years, all on the road. The Patriots haven't won any. Sure, they got the bye, so they can say that they made it to the divisional round, but they didn't win any playoff games to get there. I think they'd have a lot more confidence had they actually won a playoff game to get to the divisional round.

Do I think that's in their heads now? It's all speculation, but it has to be a factor. Years ago, they had an air of invincibility in the playoffs. That's all over now.

Last edited:
I think there's a big psychological difference going forward into the 2011 season, yes. The Jets have won four playoff games in the last two years, all on the road. The Patriots haven't won any. Sure, they got the bye, so they can say that they made it to the divisional round, but they didn't win any playoff games to get there. I think they'd have a lot more confidence had they actually won a playoff game to get to the divisional round.

I repeat: So since 3 years ago, the most recent time that the Pats did something the Jets haven't done in 40 years, the Jets have managed to lose slightly later in the playoffs than the Patriots did. That's a hell of a thing to hang your hat on.

Over here, we actually consider AFCCG losses a low point, not something to celebrate.

If the psychological value of winning a couple of games before you lose mattered half as much as you want it to, the Pats should have done better in '09, and the Jets should have done better in '10. Both teams lost when they did because they weren't talented enough to go all the way. Over the course of the offseason, the Pats upgraded significantly to fix that; I'm not sure that the Jets did. Frankly, I think the only way that they don't take a step backwards is if Sanchez makes a major leap forward as a QB.

Last edited:
QBs have nothing to do with anything? That's new, definitely haven't heard that one before.

It's not relevant here because both teams have had the same quarterback for the last two years, and the Jets have advanced further both times. So the reality that Brady is better than Sanchez really hasn't been all that important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft