PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reality Arriving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm IGNORING everybody!!!

see how you clowns like me now...huh?...what's that?...I can't READ you...:rofl:

Last edited:
I'm IGNORING everybody!!!

see how you clowns like me now...huh?...hat's that?...I can't READ you...:rofl:

I love when fans of other teams troll and then get butthurt enough to put people here on ignore. It's such an indication of their failure that it never gets old.

You made a troll post, and now you're pouty about the responses. Yes, please feel free to use the ignore button. I'll do the same.

One of you guys should have totally posted, "GFY! ***!". Now that would have been funny.

One of you guys should have totally posted, "GFY! ***!". Now that would have been funny.

The word is frowned upon here. Homosexuals seem to be a bit of a protected group.

The word is frowned upon here. Homosexuals seem to be a bit of a protected group.

Hah! It's not a knock on homosexuals. it's a knock on the posters using the term too much at JI. The "funny" would have been that after all the arguments about whether or not JI posters are homophobic, the argument comes full circle back to usung the same homophobic rhetoric in the end! See! a joke. Not an insult. But that's OK. I'm not "butthurt" by the misunderstanding. My boyfriend happens to be homosexual. Drives my wife crazy.

blondes ,however , are open season

How did the blonde burn her ear?

the phone rang while she was ironing....

Last edited:
Hah! It's not a knock on homosexuals. it's a knock on the posters using the term too much at JI. The "funny" would have been that after all the arguments about whether or not JI posters are homophobic, the argument comes full circle back to usung the same homophobic rhetoric in the end! See! a joke. Not an insult. But that's OK. I'm not "butthurt" by the misunderstanding. My boyfriend happens to be homosexual. Drives my wife crazy.

I got your point, sir. I was just noting that the word itself is frowned upon here, and giving you the reason. I understand that JI posters season their posts with the word the way people season corn with salt. ;)

blondes ,however , are open season

How did the blonde burn her ear?

the phone rang while she was ironing....

How'd she burn the other ear?

they called back...

I just took a quick perusal over at JI.

I feel like I need to take a shower. Talk about an endemic inferiority complex.

Last edited:
Gay jokes can be funny. So long as they aren't mean-spirited. Same goes for fat jokes, racial jokes, gender jokes, ethnic jokes, etc. It's about the audience and the delivery. I agree they can cross the line. but That's why I don't engage in it. Better safe than sorry. Still, loosen up a little. This is entertainment and discussion, after all. I'd bet if you met some of those guys in a bar and left football out of it, you might actually enjoy a few new friends.

I use a rule of thumb. If you can tell the joke in front of the same minority group it targets without offending, then it is just fine.

Trouble is, that is almost never.

Why argue with them? Anyone who thinks Plaxico is an upgrade over Edwards is nuts! I'm beginning to believe that Jets fans in general just don't know football. They just make things up. And when you think about it, why would ANY knowledgeable fan follow a team that hasn't done anything for 42 years? :confused:

Jets fans believe that the improved performance of their team the last 2 years suggests an increase of their football intellect.

To date, I have never witnessed a jet fan who exhibits even a mediocre knowledge of the sport

I was over viewing Jets Insider where Reality seems to be arriving VERY slowly. But arriving it is. Despite the braggadocio and inveterate trench-mouth.

They did have a long post and good discussion of how to get two good O-Linemen and a fair to good guy, Moore, along with a guy who is going to miss half the season, and an absolute Bust provide 5 starting Offensive linemen. Forget about a thing called "depth".

No matter how they tug and push and put the puzzle pieces together, D'Brick and a Mangold and maybe Moore and yes Slauson and eventually Turner in about 8 games, with Buster Ducasse, it doesn't seem to add up to five starters. And even if they find an adequate fifth guy, for some reason there does not seem to be a powerful run game there.

Their up-and-coming nominee from nowhere, was just up and cut by Rex, the other day.

Another long post discussed how the Pass Rush and pressures have steadily declined over the past two going on three years. Jester fans are sure that Devito and two rookies will provide all the pass rush needed, provided one doesn't end up in jail or deported. Depth: What's that?

Jester fans say it is no problem to replace guys like Kris Jenkins, Shawn Ellis, Jason Taylor, with" all stars" like Mike DeVito, who is a dedicated journey man, Slone Pouha and PS squad Ropati Pitoitua, not to mention the two rookies, Wilkerson and Ellis. I'm sure that Devito, Pouha and Wilkerson will play, but that is NOT a terrifying D-line for opposition OCs to dread in 2011. More sounds of whistling by the Graveyard.

It would help if you actually knew what you were talking about. Kris Jenkins has practically not even played the last two years, he got hurt after game 4 of the season two years ago, Pouha became the starter. Jenkins got hurt in the first game of the season last year, Pouha started all year.

Jason Taylor was a situational pass rusher at OLB, he didn't play DL, nor was he a fixture on defense, his role will be replaced by OLB Jamal Westerman, and up and comer, and probably Aaron Maybin, the Bills 11th overall pick two years ago.

The Jets DL will be MUCH improved, more talented, and deeper. Wilkerson and Ellis have impressed early as rookies, Wilkerson will start, and will be rotate with Rapati Pitoitua, a player Rex and the staff are very high on. You can poo poo the player all you want, but you might want to actually see the kid play before you toss him off as a nobody. The Jets are also high on their depth in players like Marcus Dixon and Mo Teveseua. You can discredit some of these players because you've never heard of them, that's fine, they are younger, but they are talented, and will be deeper. The Jets rotated 5 players last year on the DL, they got younger and more talented and will probably be rotating 7 or 8.

And considering the way the Pats OL looked tonight, I would think Pats fans should be more concerned about the state of their own OL, and not the SAME OL that started and pummeled the Pats in the playoff game last year. Again, check your facts on the actual players, you make it seem the Jets OL has changed, it hasn't, same 5 starters as the end of last year. Only difference is Rob Turner is out with a broken foot, and will probably miss a month into the season, but is a versatile backup at OC/OG.

s\Some other fans posted that Buriss has already suffered an ankle and back injury, and Mason doesn't seem to have any speed left. Surprise?

Still another poster noted that the running game didn't seem to be producing any results. Could it be that Ladanian is feeling his age, only three years after being dumped by the Chargers? It is all on Shone Greene now. Depth? There is always the non-entity that Jets cut Danny Woodhead to save, Joe McKnight. Another all star bust selection to join Tanney's other picks.

Burress missed a couple of practices in the beginning and has practiced two weeks straight, and had an impressive first game back. Meanwhile Haynesworth has yet to practice full or appear into a game.

LT will have a reduced role, but considering how well he looked last year, and even in the playoffs, I'm not so sure why having LT in the 3rd down back or backup RB role is a bad thing, he's still a quality RB that still is very good in the passing game out of the backfield. McKnight has in fact looked good this pre-season, and started to come on late last season. Jets are also high on high on their 4th round pick, Bilal Powell at the RB position.

Still other posters are wondering if the League is catching up to Wreck's blitzes?

As holes are appearing all over the Dike, Jester fans are resolute that Tanny is a genius at scouting talent (Robertson? Gholston?? Ducasse???), and will pull multiple rabbits out of his hat, the next few weeks. As regards "depth", the Jets haven't needed it for the past two seasons. Why start now?

Meanwhile there is high hopes that Buffalo Bust, Aaron Maybin might be able to be salvaged, maybe next year, after he gains 30 pounds, that the Bills couldn't add. They all concede he has more speed than anyone on the Jets front 7, but gets readily trampled against the run.

Not sure what your point is here... Tannenbaum has had an extremely impressive run as GM/Pres of football OP, be it the draft, FA, or finding talent either by trade, UDFA, or the waiver wire, the Jets are talented and deep. Gholston was a bust since the day he was drafted, not a Tanny pick, Mangini wanted him. Maybin did struggle in Buffalo, but if you look at the two closer, Gholston was simply not a fit at OLB, he's a 4-3 DE, and just doesn't have the passion to play football. Maybin has very good talent as a pass rusher, he has great speed and gets off the LOS very well. I don't know what happened in Buffalo, that team also let players like Posluzny and Whitner go, and Maybin lost his son after birth during training camp last year. Maybin had been with the Jets for a week of practice, and in the Bengal game last year, showed more as a pass rusher in 3 plays than Gholston did in 3 years. Effort, character, and the passion for the game isn't a problem for Maybin, maybe it was the environment he was in, maybe he was raw coming out, he has talent, if he can get his weight up a little bit, and develop, he can be a player, it's certainly a low risk/high reward for the Jets and not a bad idea at all to see what he may have in Rex' system.

Yes, Reality is returning. Slowly...

As a personal observation:

I am still puzzled why the Jets Boards both JI and Gangrene, are the only ones to allow this much trench-mouth, by the posters. You really don't need to swear in every sentence with sexual innuendo, but it seems to be not only the norm, but excessively the norm, almost 'de riguer'.

For blogs of interest to, and open to kids, can't they clean it up a mite? I almost feel soiled visiting there. All other team blogs whatever the city, are much cleaner.

So are you saying nobody uses profanity or lashes out at Jets fans here? I see threads like Jets suck, etc etc... No trench mouths there?

I think our two teams are the class of the division, tonight obviously was a punch in the mouth and a knock off of cloud 9 after Pats fans were quite giddy after week 1 and 2 of the pre-season, it appears the Pats may not be the world beaters some of you thought.

But as we all know, it is just the pre-season, it's going to be a battle between the Jets and Pats this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots