PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reality Arriving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh come on..someone said, that they wished a gay person would kick someones booty..and then someone said "why dont you do it"

thats kind of like a "thats what she said" joke, that just a little jab but funny if you dont take everything so serious all the time.

Wait, I have a hilarious retort: "No, he's gay!" ZING!

I'm a clown 98.34% of the time (scientifically-proven), but it wasn't funny.

oh come on..someone said, that they wished a gay person would kick someones booty..and then someone said "why dont you do it"

thats kind of like a "thats what she said" joke, that just a little jab but funny if you dont take everything so serious all the time.

He tried for the vocabulary laden high ground but couldn't seem to resist his JI reinforced homophobic instincts.

I did find humor in watching that struggle, so clearly I don't take everything seriously. But honestly, there is no humor to name calling. If there was, all 4th graders would be revered for their comedic prowess.

Just popped over there. First two things I saw:

1) A thread title starting off with "DOLfa*s."

2) This gem: "i believe weei had some commentary where the patsies are very afraid of sanchez becoming a >60% completion passer. they are very concerned about the way he's tearing up the pre-season."

At least I think it was JI. I may have accidentally clicked on the MENSA website.

ok, that was actually pretty funny...You know I love ya patjew, and you know I hate the jets, but a burn is a burn.

lol...F the Jets though and their fans.

It's a burn if calling someone gay is a burn. Or if it was funny. If it was some joke about TFB and me having a romantic weekend on The Cape, that may have been funny. And dreamy.

But I don't really care either way, TBH.

Thread derailed!

2) This gem: "i believe weei had some commentary where the patsies are very afraid of sanchez becoming a >60% completion passer. they are very concerned about the way he's tearing up the pre-season."

At least I think it was JI. I may have accidentally clicked on the MENSA website.

See, now that **** is funny, gay or not.

I cannot believe the homophobia and anti-gay rhetoric that goes on at JI. That SG3 or whatever his name is can't go a sentence without dropping a "***got". How can they allow that?? I wish some gay man would beat the crap out of him.

Homophobism (not really a word) is so 1990's…if the Jet Fans want to turn the page from the Costlet-Carroll-Kotite years then they should enter the new millennium.

Homophobism (not really a word) is so 1990's…if the Jet Fans want to turn the page from the Costlet-Carroll-Kotite years then they should enter the new millennium.

Well, for the record, "homophobia" is a word. Which really doesn't add anything to the discussion....
But in psychology, the concept of projection is apropos as concerns the rampant and acceptable display of homophobic vitriol expressed as the norm on TGG and JI boards.
See also: projection (psychology) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
:p

LOL1 I watched Sanchez's first two preseason games and my take away is they are getting the 2010 version of Mark Sanchez. He is still wildly inconsistent. At one point he is great and the next point he is an absolute scrub. If converting zero of their first six third downs against the Bungles last week is tearing it up, I would be afraid if I am a Jets fans if he stumbles.

Last edited:
To understand that site, all you need to do is understand the population from which the Jets draw their fans:

mike2.gif

How can you do anything but feel bad for them:

fistpump.gif

"YEAH WE LOST IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP. TIME TO FIST PUMP BABY!"

For a team that's supposedly not any good, you sure pay a lot of attention to them---I mean, not enough attention to have any idea what you're talking about or be able to spell their players' names correctly, but still a lot of attention.

Nobody said your classless franchise isn't any good. Between the lines it's a good team and that's a fact. It's the Patriots' biggest challenge in the division. What's "not any good" is everything around it -- from its slimy owner, fat perv coach and low-character players down to the petulant, angry fan base.

After reading just the 1st post of the thread, and posts 81-91, I have 2 thoughts:

- Mike DeVito is no journeyman. He's a damn good 3-4 DE whom I had hoped that Bill would've drafted with his last pick of 2007 instead of Mike Elgin, who wasn't even the best OLman on his own team named Mike still available.

- "Homophobia" is the most over-used, under-handed, sneakily-reverse-hateful word in the English language.

I think there's a big psychological difference going forward into the 2011 season, yes. The Jets have won four playoff games in the last two years, all on the road. The Patriots haven't won any. Sure, they got the bye, so they can say that they made it to the divisional round, but they didn't win any playoff games to get there. I think they'd have a lot more confidence had they actually won a playoff game to get to the divisional round.

Do I think that's in their heads now? It's all speculation, but it has to be a factor. Years ago, they had an air of invincibility in the playoffs. That's all over now.[/QUOTE

Thank You for a lucid and non-obscene stringing together of 8 sentences without a single resort to potty mouth.

During that interval since the loss of a Perfect Season in the Super bowl, against your city's other representative, the Patriots have been stripping down and rebuilding, from top to bottom, an older generation of Super bowl Team. The Jets were the member of their division that used that brief respite to step forward, and I congratulate you and your Front Office for it.

But your Teams brief fling is about over, as the Team was built on veterans to "Win Now"; and was/is shallow, and and age has caused many to retire. Your own fans note the degeneration of both your lines, and the sinking Pass Rush over the past two, going on three years. IOW, Your Team had peaked two years ago. What is more, the record proves it. Our teams were tied in 2009, and the gap widened to three games last season.

It is wider today. As a common coach said "You are what you are!"

While I am not sure the Mr. Belichick has yet put the finishing touches on his new, young, fast, complete, JUGGERNAUT, many Patriot fans believe that the finishing touches are in place, ready to prove themselves. I myself expect a finishing Draft of prime Defensive beef, and an interior O-lineman are needs, before Mr. Belichick is satisfied.

I note that he has done this while:
a) losing his star QB for a season,
b) finding methods to increase the likely hood of success by conducting the equivalent of five Drafts in but three years,
c) never having had to resort to a losing 5-11 "rebuilding" season
d) au contraire, he has never had less than an 11-5 record amidst the reconstruction.

I agree psychology can contribute to success, on occasion. But Mr. Belichick, and I, subscribe to the maxims that winners "Git there the firstest, with the mostest" and that "...God fights on the side with the heaviest artillery".

Last edited:
jets suck and jets fans are all scum of the earth

pats are the most awesome of the awesomest, their fans ooze sophistication, intelligence and are just downright better than the average human being.

After reading just the 1st post of the thread, and posts 81-91, I have 2 thoughts:

- Mike DeVito is no journeyman. He's a damn good 3-4 DE whom I had hoped that Bill would've drafted with his last pick of 2007 instead of Mike Elgin, who wasn't even the best OLman on his own team named Mike still available.

- "Homophobia" is the most over-used, under-handed, sneakily-reverse-hateful word in the English language.

captain,

For one of the few times, I agree completely with you. And I said so. But neither is he Ndamkung Suh or Harloti NGata, or Vince Wilfork and a foundation player for a Defensive line. He just is not in that class.

This thread seems to have stung the hearts of a lot of trolls out there, which brings up an interesting question. Do trolls have hearts?

I was over viewing Jets Insider where Reality seems to be arriving VERY slowly. But arriving it is. Despite the braggadocio and inveterate trench-mouth.

They did have a long post and good discussion of how to get two good O-Linemen and a fair to good guy, Moore, along with a guy who is going to miss half the season, and an absolute Bust provide 5 starting Offensive linemen. Forget about a thing called "depth".

No matter how they tug and push and put the puzzle pieces together, D'Brick and a Mangold and maybe Moore and yes Slauson and eventually Turner in about 8 games, with Buster Ducasse, it doesn't seem to add up to five starters. And even if they find an adequate fifth guy, for some reason there does not seem to be a powerful run game there.

Their up-and-coming nominee from nowhere, was just up and cut by Rex, the other day.

Another long post discussed how the Pass Rush and pressures have steadily declined over the past two going on three years. Jester fans are sure that Devito and two rookies will provide all the pass rush needed, provided one doesn't end up in jail or deported. Depth: What's that?

Jester fans say it is no problem to replace guys like Kris Jenkins, Shawn Ellis, Jason Taylor, with" all stars" like Mike DeVito, who is a dedicated journey man, Slone Pouha and PS squad Ropati Pitoitua, not to mention the two rookies, Wilkerson and Ellis. I'm sure that Devito, Pouha and Wilkerson will play, but that is NOT a terrifying D-line for opposition OCs to dread in 2011. More sounds of whistling by the Graveyard.

Some other fans posted that Buriss has already suffered an ankle and back injury, and Mason doesn't seem to have any speed left. Surprise ?

Still another poster noted that the running game didn't seem to be producing any results. Could it be that Ladanian is feeling his age, only three years after being dumped by the Chargers? It is all on Shone Greene now. Depth? There is always the non-entity that Jets cut Danny Woodhead to save, Joe McKnight. Another all star bust selection to join Tanney's other picks.

Still other posters are wondering if the League is catching up to Wreck's blitzes?

As holes are appearing all over the Dike, Jester fans are resolute that Tanny is a genius at scouting talent (Robertson? Gholston?? Ducasse???), and will pull multiple rabbits out of his hat, the next few weeks. As regards "depth", the Jets haven't needed it for the past two seasons. Why start now?

Meanwhile there is high hopes that Buffalo Bust, Aaron Maybin might be able to be salvaged, maybe next year, after he gains 30 pounds, that the Bills couldn't add. They all concede he has more speed than anyone on the Jets front 7, but gets readily trampled against the run.

Yes, Reality is returning. Slowly...

As a personal observation:

I am still puzzled why the Jets Boards both JI and Gangrene, are the only ones to allow this much trench-mouth, by the posters. You really don't need to swear in every sentence with sexual innuendo, but it seems to be not only the norm, but excessively the norm, almost 'de riguer'.

For blogs of interest to, and open to kids, can't they clean it up a mite? I almost feel soiled visiting there. All other team blogs whatever the city, are much cleaner.

Just a few thoughts...

Every team in the league has depth issues at some position, it's just the reality of salary cap football. Of course no one has any clue at all what is and is not an actual depth issue until the games are played and players do or do not get hurt. If the Jets 5 oline starters don't get hurt, is there a depth issue? If Mangold and DBrick both get hurt, the Jets could have the greatest depth in the league at the oline and it wouldn't matter because you aren't replacing those 2.

I really, really don't understand this whole "homer" idea that gets thrown around (it does at JI in reference to you Pats fans...). Isn't that kind of the idea of being a fan of your team? Of course we're biased, of course we're delusional sometimes...but what fans aren't?! I have no illusions of grandeur that the Jets have the best of the best of the best at every position...quite the opposite. But I also see no reason to be a doom and gloomer thinking that the sky is falling.

The Jets have, depth issues be damned, a very good team. Is it good enough to win the AFC East? Maybe, maybe not. Luckily there's actually games that will be played to figure it all out. ;)

You can ask 5 Jets fans about Plaxico, Maybin, oline depth (or lacktherof), losing Ellis, etc., etc. and the reality is that none of us know how this work out this season...it's just guess work. I'd love Maybin to be the next LT, but I'm smart enough to know that isn't likely. Does it mean he can't be useful to the team? No, not at all.

This season hinges on Sanchez improving, plain and simple. Not losing Ellis, not oline depth, not the influx of rookies on the dline...Sanchez. If he doesn't improve, nothing else matters. He needs to start making others better, not being carried by them. But I guess the bright side is that if Sanchez fails this year, the Jets can just cut him and trade for Hoyer since he must be the second coming. ;)

Any who...I'm sure I'll get flamed, called a homer, etc. etc. but that's ok. I guess it's just how it works on this whole interwebz thing. :rolleyes:

I just looked at the schedule for the first time since the Spring.

I think reality will be arriving for all the AFC East teams. Dallas, Philly, Giants are not going to be cupcakes.

The Patriots literally have no breathers other than Buffalo until they play Washington late in the season.

They made a thread about this on JI, apparently we made this because we're scared of the Jets...morons.

I really, really don't understand this whole "homer" idea that gets thrown around (it does at JI in reference to you Pats fans...). Isn't that kind of the idea of being a fan of your team? Of course we're biased, of course we're delusional sometimes...but what fans aren't?! I have no illusions of grandeur that the Jets have the best of the best of the best at every position...quite the opposite. But I also see no reason to be a doom and gloomer thinking that the sky is falling.

FWIW, I agree with you. I don't understand why people are ever surprised when message boards are full of homers. Every message board is, including this one, and it's not even a bad thing. Homerism = optimism in your team, sometimes taken to an extreme. I feel genuinely sorry for any fan who can't muster up some optimism in the preseason.

As for depth issues, every team has them, but the Jets have more of them than some other teams due to their philosophical decision to trade away picks to move up in the draft to get targeted guys, which they do with some consistency. In theory, I get why they do it (you know who you want, so you go and get him). Ultimately, I think it says a lot about how both teams view the draft. Rex/Tannenbaum seem to think that as long as you target the right guy, you can reliably produce good players. The Pats seem to think that there's enough of a crapshoot element to it that you're better off maximizing your chances.

Given that the Jets have (debatably) missed on a few picks over the last couple years, it becomes tough for me to accept their theory, and now depth becomes a concern, because they can't afford to miss. If Butler and Brace don't pan out for us, then it's not the end of the world because in that same we also got Chung and Vollmer. If Wilson and Ducasse don't pan out for you, then you're looking at getting nothing out of the top couple rounds of your 2010 draft. A couple years of that catches up to even the best teams. I prefer Belichick's approach, but hey, Belichick has been the coach here in New England since I was 15 years old.

That said, you're right, the Jets have a very good football team. This season's going to be a hell of a ride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye