PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ras I Dowling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which scrap heap is better? The FAs or the Patriots backups. Cole, Ryan and Arrington moving to the outside is a terrible combo, GOAT coach or not. One game of Dowling is probably worth picking him up. Maybe you get lucky, and he stays healthy for a couple weeks. I know, probably not, but the Patriots are in deep with a bad pass rush and terrible secondary depth.

The secondary was fine until they hit a rash of injuries, thought about 4 weeks ago this was the deepest they had been in a long time....crap happens.

The pass rush suffered last week because Ninkovich and Jones were standing up in a 1-4 D.... primarily to keep Newton contained, so something has to give either rush the passer or contain him. They still had 3 sacks...

Logan will be good, and Arrington sometimes shows how good he can be.. but inconsistency is the key.. my vote is to bring in Asomugha to see what he looks like, he has fallen mightily and wonder if there is more to this picture than meets the eye...

I though Talib and Dowling were the same person.

You know that one girl that seemed pretty hot but had issues? Things started out really great, you know? She was decent in the sack but there were hints she could really be into some fun ****.

And then she started getting weird. At first you blamed it on hormones, but she'd go away and not speak to you for forever and then she broke up with you out of the blue only to come back a month later and want to try again. And you fell for it. 3 months later boom, same thing, breaks up with you out of the blue over some piddling ****.

You finally resolve to move on, you meet a different girl, she's maybe not as wild in the sack but she's steady and reliable.

So why the **** do you keep toying with the idea of that one crazy chick? Don't go back man, go forward.

Well I for one am not trying to have sex with Glass IR, not that I wish to stop you, but I agree with RayClay that he might be worth a roster spot for the mandatory 3 weeks. Of course as Brady6 mentioned, his hip may be gone. Pats should have a pretty good idea of how appropriate he is.

Our defensive options are very limited and yes, desperate.

Besides Practice-Squadders on other teams' rosters, here's a list of vet street FAs:
Best Available NFL Free Agents - Defense | The Sideline View

Is Sheldon Brown's concussion so bad that he remains unsigned? He had a pretty good season
last year for a 34-year-old.
Although he's more a slot-type, I've always thought that DJ Moore was serviceable.
And old friend Antwaun Molden is still available.

Here's a list of NFL rosters, including PS:
List of current NFL team rosters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides the aforementioned Glas-IR, Rutgers alum & Pats UDFA singee Brandon Jones
is currently on the NYG PS.

Well I for one am not trying to have sex with Glass IR, not that I wish to stop you, but I agree with RayClay that he might be worth a roster spot for the mandatory 3 weeks. Of course as Brady6 mentioned, his hip may be gone. Pats should have a pretty good idea of how appropriate he is.

Our defensive options are very limited and yes, desperate.

Jets passing defensive ranks:

Passer rating – 25th worst
Completion percentage – 15th worst
Passing yards – 22nd worst
Yard per game – 23rd worst
Touchdowns – 22nd worst
Interceptions – 28th worst

When I look at that combined with them signing a 34 year old Ed Reed a week ago and the poor play of their top pick Milliner at the RCB spot I have to believe that if Dowling was doing anything worthwhile on the Jets practice squad he would have been added to their active roster by now. We’re talking about a team Sudfeld, Salas and Cunningham who we cut like a bad habit on their roster currently and if you look at some of the players on it expecially in the secondary if Dowling was the player who started game 1 of his rookie season he would most likely be starting opposite of Cromartie.

Besides Practice-Squadders on other teams' rosters, here's a list of vet street FAs:
Best Available NFL Free Agents - Defense | The Sideline View

Is Sheldon Brown's concussion so bad that he remains unsigned? He had a pretty good season
last year for a 34-year-old.
Although he's more a slot-type, I've always thought that DJ Moore was serviceable.
And old friend Antwaun Molden is still available.

Here's a list of NFL rosters, including PS:
List of current NFL team rosters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides the aforementioned Glas-IR, Rutgers alum & Pats UDFA singee Brandon Jones
is currently on the NYG PS.

I could see Antwaun Molden and Justin Green competing for a spot, just not on a football team.

I though Talib and Dowling were the same person.

Really? They don’t look a lot alike. Might be time to look into some bifocals :idea2:

Attachments

• talib.jpg
    talib.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 58
  • rasi dowling.jpg
    rasi dowling.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 59
When I look at that, combined with them signing a 34 year old Ed Reed a week ago and the poor play of their top pick Milliner at the RCB spot, I have to believe that if Dowling was doing anything worthwhile on the Jets practice squad he would have been added to their active roster by now. We’re talking about a team with Sudfeld, Salas and Cunningham whom we cut like a bad habit on their roster currently, and if you look at some of the players on it, especially in the secondary, if Dowling was the player who started game 1 of his rookie season he would most likely be starting opposite of Cromartie.

I'd still take Salas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes