PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ras I Dowling

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Some other poster (sorry) floated this, but it made me think. Apparently, he has no injury. Seems like he's dispirited with all the injuries, but he's available on the Jets PS.

Why?

He doesn't have to be much, to be as good as you can find these days.

He's Talib size and was pretty agile when he was playing well (briefly).

Can't think of anyone but he and Sterling Moore who know the system.

There's no pressure, he's hanging on right now. A second chance out of the blue? Not like there isn't dead wood that could be IRed or moved to the PS.

So, your idea to replace injured players is with a guy that's perpetually injured?

leaving.gif

I can see it now. We sign him and during his first practice he gets injured and goes to IR.

I'd rather Sterling Moore than Ras-IR.

Some other poster (sorry) floated this, but it made me think. Apparently, he has no injury. Seems like he's dispirited with all the injuries, but he's available on the Jets PS.

Why?

He doesn't have to be much, to be as good as you can find these days.

He's Talib size and was pretty agile when he was playing well (briefly).

Can't think of anyone but he and Sterling Moore who know the system.

There's no pressure, he's hanging on right now. A second chance out of the blue? Not like there isn't dead wood that could be IRed or moved to the PS.

I wonder if Dowling has permanently lost movement capability post hip injury. I find it somewhat surprising that if he was fully healthy that NY wouldn't have given him a bump to the 53 man roster.

I'd rather Sterling Moore than Ras-IR.

If Dowling has the capabilities that he had prior to his season 1 injury I would much rather have him, it's unlikely that is the case so Moore would probably be the better pickup now.

Egads we are in trouble...

Asmouagha (however you spell it) and Sterling Moore would be serviceable and definitely better than Cole or Arrington on the outside

I always felt we needed more depth at CB at the beginning of the year, and now it might screw us badly

Dowling would be great too if he's not injured already. I'd definitely take a chance with him. It would also feel good to snatch him from the Jests.

He might have a predisposition, but there was no injury settlement. Petraglia said he had not apparent injury. He was just cut for lack of progress.

Id sign both or either (Moore) but I'm sure the team feels differently. If Talib and Dennard are out and Arrington's hurt, they need to pick up someone.

I think hiring from another team's PS is a 3-game commitment to keep them on your roster. So that's OK if it's OK to make room for him for even one game.

There's less deadwood left on the roster than is being suggested, however. Mainly, the candidates for that title seem to be:

• Jake Bequette.
  • Leon Washington.
  • A couple of chronically inactive developmental guys.

If Dowling has the capabilities that he had prior to his season 1 injury I would much rather have him, it's unlikely that is the case so Moore would probably be the better pickup now.
There's no one really denying the guy's talent. From a pure talent perspective Dowling had first round skills. It's one of the reasons why I defended the pick for so long, however, looking back on it, I see that was totally misplaced.

You can have all the talent in the world but if your body is built like a chandelier* all that talent means squat. He's demonstrated that his body cannot handle the rigors of the NFL. The fact that Patriots chose to not even sign him to PS despite his eligibility leads me to believe that they'd realized it too and had had enough. Disappointment was an understatement with that guy.

*Yes, I'm being biased because he's on the Jets. Sue me.

I think hiring from another team's PS is a 3-game commitment to keep them on your roster. So that's OK if it's OK to make room for him for even one game.

There's less deadwood left on the roster than is being suggested, however. Mainly, the candidates for that title seem to be:

• Jake Bequette.
  • Leon Washington.
  • A couple of chronically inactive developmental guys.

Obviously, they need to determine if he, Asomugha, or some guy we've never heard of (likely) is worth a spot, but if they are, how traumatic would officially placing Washington a list or Bequette on the PS.

Obviously, they need to determine if he, Asomugha, or some guy we've never heard of (likely) is worth a spot, but if they are, how traumatic would officially placing Washington a list or Bequette on the PS.

I would just cut Washington, no reason to keep him on injured reserve we hold not rights to him in 2014 anyway.

Beauharnais and Barker are also a regular game day inactive.

You know that one girl that seemed pretty hot but had issues? Things started out really great, you know? She was decent in the sack but there were hints she could really be into some fun ****.

And then she started getting weird. At first you blamed it on hormones, but she'd go away and not speak to you for forever and then she broke up with you out of the blue only to come back a month later and want to try again. And you fell for it. 3 months later boom, same thing, breaks up with you out of the blue over some piddling ****.

You finally resolve to move on, you meet a different girl, she's maybe not as wild in the sack but she's steady and reliable.

So why the **** do you keep toying with the idea of that one crazy chick? Don't go back man, go forward.

Where's Earthwind Moreland ... get him up off his Barcalounger he's only 37.

Last edited:
Who is Ras I Dowling?

You mean Mr. Glass?

Ras-I is last year's china doll. The Patriots have new members of the glass menagerie now.

Which scrap heap is better? The FAs or the Patriots backups. Cole, Ryan and Arrington moving to the outside is a terrible combo, GOAT coach or not. One game of Dowling is probably worth picking him up. Maybe you get lucky, and he stays healthy for a couple weeks. I know, probably not, but the Patriots are in deep with a bad pass rush and terrible secondary depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes