PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Danny Amendola could miss 2-6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ian Rapoport: Amendola could miss 2-6 weeks.

The one thing that can be said about Bill Belichick is that he builds his teams for the second half of the season, not the first half.

In the second half of the season, the Patriots have 14 more wins than any other team going back to 2000.

A nice observation and very telling.

You might observe that with the 2-0 start, the Pats could play only .500 ball, and still make the Playoffs.

Whether Danny misses 1, 2 or 6 games isn't the OP's main issue, as far as I can tell.

The problem is Danny is hurt already, and its a nagging injury that usually stays with a player for the duration of the season, regardless of the sport.

This team went out and gambled on a guy who has a track record of missing games and parted ways the model of reliability at the position.

We're also sitting on a large cushion of cap space while Brady hurls balls at WRs that have more business being on a practice squad than a game day roster.

Anyone with a flicker of brain activity knew that WR was going to be an issue for us this year even if Gronk and Amendola were healthy and played all 16 games. There were noticeable shortcomings and deficiencies in our passing game last year when we had Wes, Gronk, Hernandez and Lloyd. What was the plan to fix the problems this year? An unproven, fragile version of Welker, a couple mid round draft picks and a smattering of UDFAs?

Are you ****ing me, Bill?

Sure BB knew at the point where we got a younger guy who was faster had a better catch radius on a longer deal and less money that Gronk was not going to be ready to go Ahern would go OG on a dude, and Lloyd would not restructure and be out of football.

Sure BB knew at the point where we got a younger guy who was faster had a better catch radius on a longer deal and less money that Gronk was not going to be ready to go Ahern would go OG on a dude, and Lloyd would not restructure and be out of football.

Because of history, Belichick knew, or should have known, that:

• Amendola was an injury risk
  • Gronkowski was an injury risk who was already struggling to recover from injury
  • Lloyd was not likely to be happy about a pay cut after taking short money the year before
  • Hernandez was a guy with off-field problems that could impact his on-field situation, and he was also an injury risk

Acting as if this has all come out of the blue is just demonstrating an incredible naivete.

i am changing my tune...thought he would miss 4-6 games this year...think he will miss 8-10

Every player in the league is an injury risk every time they step on the field. How could we pay Brady? He missed a WHOLE YEAR! He must be made of glass.

Welker had the good fortune of tearing up his knee on the last game of the year instead of the 1st.

Thinking that you can count on any football player to stay healthy is just demonstrating an incredible naivete.

Welker is a freak of nature in as much as he has stayed as healthy as he has with the pounding he has taken. Part of me wonders weather Welker was/is overdue for an injury and that is part of the reason BB let him walk.

In the end I think the Pats would have been better with Amendola for 4 yr and Welker for 2 yr on the deal he got from the Broncos (from what i read welker gave the pats a chance to match and they declined as Amendola was signed - although that was befroe the hernandex fiasco)

For this season the pats will play with who they have - i am hoping to see improvement from all of the rookies.

Because of history, Belichick knew, or should have known, that:

• Amendola was an injury risk
  • Gronkowski was an injury risk who was already struggling to recover from injury
  • Lloyd was not likely to be happy about a pay cut after taking short money the year before
  • Hernandez was a guy with off-field problems that could impact his on-field situation, and he was also an injury risk

Acting as if this has all come out of the blue is just demonstrating an incredible naivete.

I agree a amendolawas a risk.
In March BB may have had info to say Gronk would be ready or ballard had good progress to fill some of that gap.
To account for Lloyd we we signed Jones and Jenkins neither worked out.
We drafted 2 guys and picked up 2 UDFA's at WR one UDFA looked very good in preseason the other got injured.
We don't know what conversations Lloyd and the pats were having about a restructure or where it fell down.

We brought in 6 WR's to replace Lloyd and Branch
Vareen and Washington to replace Woodhead's catches
Expected to have Hernadez, at no point in his past did anyone think he was murderer. Some red flags yes but he had appeared to have changed enough to pay $40 million.
Gronk to be somewhere near fit, Ballard set to come back and picked up a UDFA.
DA and Edleman to pick up welkers catches.

We planned to be without two guys not 4.

a new report from profootball talk refutes Rapoports article and says that his timetable for return is still unclear and that placing any sort of timetable on amendolas return at this point is "impossible" since it is only 5 days after he reinjured it

makes sense. I mean if it was as serious as 6 week recovery, would amendola even still be practicing?(be it on a limited basis)

Heard on the radio that jay glazer will have more tomorrow.Hope for the best because this guy usually is accurate.

Every player in the league is an injury risk every time they step on the field. How could we pay Brady? He missed a WHOLE YEAR! He must be made of glass.

Welker had the good fortune of tearing up his knee on the last game of the year instead of the 1st.

Thinking that you can count on any football player to stay healthy is just demonstrating an incredible naivete.

While all players are susceptible to injury you can't pretend that they're injury prone in equal measure. You can't summarily dismiss Amendola's injury history as meaningless in reasonably judging his durability / dependability going forward.

DA reportedly hurt his groin on or about mid August and aggravated the injury in Game 1...I don't know if he'll miss 2 or 6 weeks worth of games but the fact of the matter is he will yet again miss a series of games in keeping with his injury history. He may be one of the unluckiest guys in the NFL in that regard.

While all players are susceptible to injury you can't say they're injury prone in equal measure. You can't summarily dismiss Amendola's injury history as meaningless in reasonably judging his durability / dependability going forward.

DA reportedly hurt his groin on or about mid August and aggravated the injury in Game 1...I don't know if he'll miss 2 or 6 weeks worth of games but the fact of he matter is he will miss a series of games in keeping with his injury history. He may be one of the unluckiest guys in the NFL in that regard.

So guys who hurt their elbow are more at risk to suffer from a groin injury. Got it.

There is a difference between a chronic injury, which Gronk's back could be, and hurting separate parts of your body.

The unluckiest guys in the NFL get hurt and never come back.

So guys who hurt their elbow are more at risk to suffer from a groin injury. Got it.

If two slot receivers on average sustain the same number of hits and one is far more injured than the other it's either bad luck or a durability issue. That does not mean that injured player is any less tough, it just means they have a history of being hurt and unavailable to play on Sunday.

There is a difference between a chronic injury, which Gronk's back could be, and hurting separate parts of your body.

I agree. Either way you cannot dismiss an established pattern of durability or a lack thereof I guess we'll agree to disagree on that concept.

Ok, he falls in the second unluckiest category.:rolleyes:

Welker is a freak of nature in as much as he has stayed as healthy as he has with the pounding he has taken. Part of me wonders weather Welker was/is overdue for an injury and that is part of the reason BB let him walk.

I'm not buying that BB had such prescient insight into Welker's future injury potential while lacking such insight with Amendola or with Gronk's rehab.
Does not compute.

a new report from profootball talk refutes Rapoports article and says that his timetable for return is still unclear and that placing any sort of timetable on amendolas return at this point is "impossible" since it is only 5 days after he reinjured it

makes sense. I mean if it was as serious as 6 week recovery, would amendola even still be practicing?(be it on a limited basis)

Again 2-6 weeks is WIIIIIDE. Think about it. Some time before the bye, and I'm right.

And that is not going into "could."

Again, Gisele "could" leave Brady for Lurker1965. If she does - I called it! If she doesn't - conditions where it "could" have happened did not happen, so I'm not wrong.

And with that "prediction", the NFL Network needs to cut me a check.

If two slot receivers on average sustain the same number of hits and one is far more injured than the other it's either bad luck or a durability issue. That does not mean that injured player is any less tough, it just means they have a history of being hurt and unavailable to play on Sunday.

I agree. Either way you cannot dismiss an established pattern of durability or a lack thereof I guess we'll agree to disagree on that concept.

Ok, he falls in the second unluckiest category.:rolleyes:

Not to interrupt your argument, but neither of you brought up the QB factor in injuries.
If QB #1 throws in such a way that the receiver is more exposed the receiver will have more injuries than one getting passes from QB #2 who is more accurate.

If you want to compare Amendola and Welker consider that one had Brady vs. Bulger/Bradford.

You can go back to arguing now.:)

I'm not buying that BB had such prescient insight into Welker's future injury potential while lacking such insight with Amendola or with Gronk's rehab.
Does not compute.

I for one don’t think Welker was coming back unless he was franchised, when they franchised him in 2012 they not only made him want out of Foxboro but they also gave him that big lump payday that propelled him to a level where a $1 or $2 million difference was not going sway him doing what he wanted and telling Belichick and Kraft to go **** themselves.

Some players suffer more injuries which cause them to miss games than do others. You can call it injury prone, unlucky, or "gurglesnurple adubalupe". What you call it is irrelevant. That's it's true is all that matters.

The attempt to pretend that because one injury is different from another there is no issue simply fails in the face of impartial data.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 1m
Jay Glazer says on Fox pre-game show that Amendola tore his abductors, which connects the hips to the legs, and possibly has a sports hernia

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 1m
Glazer reported that if Amendola needs surgery to repair sports hernia, it would keep him out 3-4 weeks

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 1m
Jay Glazer says on Fox pre-game show that Amendola tore his abductors, which connects the hips to the legs, and possibly has a sports hernia

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 1m
Glazer reported that if Amendola needs surgery to repair sports hernia, it would keep him out 3-4 weeks

He sent it out to 3 more doctors because our doctors are tore on if its a hernia. This dude is tough. Hopefully no hernia and he will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand