PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss on Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has 5 stars. I had a feeling I woke up in Bizarro World. Where's Bizarro Jerry?

I think the only way it could possibly work is if it was an obvious passing down and he was playing safety and set way back and just have him read the QB and attempt to cover ground and make a play at the ball.

Unfortunately, the risk is higher then the reward in this case you can't risk injuring the deep threat trying to stop Miami's deep threat.

I am amused, and I wouldn't mind seeing Moss turn the tables as a defender.

The main difference between receivers and defenders is the back pedal. Belichick is known for smaller defenders simply so they can swivel their hips out of the back pedal more easily. Moss, being a big guy, might not do that so easily.

But lets keep up the thought experiment.

*Bump and Run -- Moss has been molested off the line so many times, it'd be interesting to see what kind of aggression he could focus into a quick chop under the shoulder pads.

*Free Safety -- Moss knows receiver routes, and he has the speed to save the touchdown. Obviously has been used as a deep safety before.

*Does Brady still have it? -- With the overflow of talented receivers the last few years, I wonder if Brady still has what it takes to elevate guys like Reche Caldwell and David Gibbons. Give Moss a break on offense and mess with opponent's game plans.

OK, I will give the question a serious answer:

Wasn't one part of Moss's game 1 rant that his body was a little tired and that he needed a little more rest and maybe didn't get enough down time / off days in training camp?

Two way players, or core special teamers that also start, are generally younger guys just due to the fatigue/ recovery factor.

I don't think that you would want to subject #81 to that degree of wear and tear.

This thread has 5 stars. I had a feeling I woke up in Bizarro World. Where's Bizarro Jerry?

No kidding! This is like the old KFFL board on acid.

Hey lets put BB out there on third downs while were at it.

"Medication Time...Medication Time"
Nurse Ratched

The main difference between receivers and defenders is the back pedal. Belichick is known for smaller defenders simply so they can swivel their hips out of the back pedal more easily. Moss, being a big guy, might not do that so easily.

But Moss is the Superfreak, most tall guys don't have the speed or quickness that Moss has.

It would be cool to see but it's not gonna happen

Don't let anyone tell you that your idea is not a good one. It's brilliant!

You, like many artists, do your best work when intoxicated.

Was that a play on words? I bet it was. Good one!

I remember hearing that **** Van Dyke was RIPPED when he filmed Mary Poppins!! :rocker:

PatsFans.com is excellent, but I wish they allowed for MultiQuotes!! :mad:

Not having that destroys the context of things...

Imagine if the Jets, in turn, got all "Deion Sanders" with Revis, in a game against us??

"Welcome to Moss Island, Mother*****!!" :D

So when they're tallying up "Career QuarterBack to Wide Reciever Passed Completed" ~ Montana to Moss, Manning to Harrison, and all that...

Do they count the one where Troy Brown Intercepted Drew Bledsoe?? :D

Lets put Hoyer in at QB and utilize Brady's height and use him as a deep threat.

Can he (Gronkowski) rush the passer?

I'd be more interested in setting the edge.

For Moss, imagine a passing situation where he bumps the receiver, then runs full speed at the quarterback. Moss even has the arm length and the athletic ability to knock the ball down, punch the ball out, or get a long arm stretch tackle over a running back.

A gimmick play, but I'd like to see some gimmicks thrown at the Dolphins.

Last edited:

Covering Kramer on a deep route. :singing:

since were on the subject....woodhead can be an ILB...the OLine wont even see him coming

This thread has some long-lasting potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News