PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random football thoughts that don't deserve it's own thread.

Team A was the San Diego Chargers, with Dan Fouts and air Coryell.......The year was 1980, or Patriot year 20 BB.

Ah....... Dan Fouts and Air Coryell! It reminds me of the heady days of Sputnik, and Yuri Gagarin. :)

Last edited:
heh..remember before they put a man in space they sent up a bunch of chimps...poor bastids...must have been the monkey WTF moment of all time...

how ****ty is the bills home stadium? heard it's a dump...anyone ever been?

Last edited:
Every season, there are about 28 teams that are Super Bowl contenders going into week one. By week two, there are about 20. By the time week four comes around, there are about 10.

It doesn't take long to separate the wheat from the chaff in the NFL.

worked at a Providence hot spot in the early 80's...anyway, the staff goes to a game at Schaeffer, all in a rented bus with four aluminum garbage cans filled with brew...46 guys (our GF's sanely declined the trip)...anyway...after the game I get back to the bus...there's 6 of us....40 guys got locked up...the head bar tender and bar manager both got locked up for running on the field in the 4th quarter and dropping "trou" at the 50 yard line....had to go back to Prov...get the bail money for everybody, go back up and get everybody out...heh...the bar opened at 9 that night, no bullshyte...

There's a story that I believe is true that, after one hard-drinking game, the cells at Schaeffer Stadium were full, so the security guys and the cops had a bunch of folks handcuffed to the chain link fence.

One of their buddies goes to his truck, gets a set of bolt cutters, and starts cutting the cuffs off and freeing everyone. :cool:

IIRC, it was the same game where they tore down the goal posts, and when carrying them away, hit a power line and injured a bunch of folks. :eek:

Last edited:
There's a story that I believe is true that, after one hard-drinking game, the cells at Schaeffer Stadium were full, so the security guys and the cops had a bunch of folks handcuffed to the chain link fence.

One of their buddies goes to his truck, gets a set of bolt cutters, and starts cutting the cuffs off and freeing everyone. :cool:

IIRC, it was the same game where they tore down the goal posts, and when carrying them away, hit a power line and injured a bunch of folks. :eek:
I was at that game. I remember it was a huge deal that they clinched that berth. The Weathers run was a hope for a few yards that turned into an oh my god moment.
Here ya go....
Throwback Flashback '85: Bengals at Patriots | Bleacher Report

Last edited:
how ****ty is the bills home stadium? heard it's a dump...anyone ever been?
Went there in 02 and again in 04 for my bachelor party.
I actually liked the stadium. Like Schaeffer/ Sullivan/ Foxboro , great site lines.
Stayed in Buffalo the first time and felt like Worcester. Fine for drinking. That Buffalo wing place was very overrated. I think the rest of the world has caught up with it.
Stayed on Canadian side of Niagara falls for bachelor party and from what I remember a lot more to do and look at(boobies).
I think it is worth the trip either way.
Check out the tailgate road trip yahoo group that posts on here.
Easy drive out, tough ride back on monday.
Same drive as Baltimore,but less expensive.

Last edited:
Headed to the game sunday with some buddies. TB #80 will be having a ceremony into the pats hall of fame..should be awesome

Headed to the game sunday with some buddies. TB #80 will be having a ceremony into the pats hall of fame..should be awesome
Get tix on ticket exchange?
They are showing up there now. haven't checked regular ticketmaster but should be an easy ticket for those who time it right.
Thinking of heading there for induction saturday.

Last edited:
Get tix on ticket exchange?
They are showing up there now. haven't checked regular ticketmaster but should be an easy ticket for those who time it right.
Thinking of heading there for induction saturday.

that and hopefully a flyover...love that as well. Got them from a friend...3 on 20 yard line 16th row :D

Oh sweet. Interestingly enough Welker is tied with Brown now. Most likely he is breaking it on Troy's night. It's eerie how similar their career numbers in NE are atm.

557 receptions 6366 11.4 average 31 TDs
557 receptions 6119 11.0 average 31 TDs

Troy Brown Tribute - NFL Wide Receiver - YouTube

9 minute mark for my favorite Troy Brown play - dat punt return

worked at a Providence hot spot in the early 80's...anyway, the staff goes to a game at Schaeffer, all in a rented bus with four aluminum garbage cans filled with brew...46 guys (our GF's sanely declined the trip)...anyway...after the game I get back to the bus...there's 6 of us....40 guys got locked up...the head bar tender and bar manager both got locked up for running on the field in the 4th quarter and dropping "trou" at the 50 yard line....had to go back to Prov...get the bail money for everybody, go back up and get everybody out...heh...the bar opened at 9 that night, no bullshyte...

That is the most touching and inspirational story I've ever read.

Over... easy

If :

1. Our defense continues to come around

And...

2. We utilize more of the running game

We may not see quite as many 'over/easy' games as last year ;)

Pretty soon the smarter play will be adding 7 pts to the unders.

posts = power...

he could have 100,000 post still not funny.

Just a little advice, if you are new to a forum, don't be a douche!

You make yourself look like a Jest fan!

May I suggest a name change from Joker to Not Funny

Shirley, you jest....in the meantime, try the veal!!

I'll be here all week ...please check all hats and coats with Rocco, the Hat Check Girl..

I've been doing the "Take my wife, please" bit all week at breakfast but my 12 year old shows me no respect....I tell ya...no respect
True story....right after Caddyshack came out, I'm on a beach in Westport, Conn with some buddies....and there's Rodney Dangerfield strolling down the beach with some bimbo....my buddy runs up to him and says "Hey Rodney, I love ya". Rodney fires back..."oh yeah kid, then how bout a back rub." So my buddy starts giving Rodney a back rub. "A little to the left, a little to the right....not get lost kid....can't ya see I'm in the middle something here."

I've been doing the "Take my wife, please" bit all week at breakfast but my 12 year old shows me no respect....I tell ya...no respect
True story....right after Caddyshack came out, I'm on a beach in Westport, Conn with some buddies....and there's Rodney Dangerfield strolling down the beach with some bimbo....my buddy runs up to him and says "Hey Rodney, I love ya". Rodney fires back..."oh yeah kid, then how bout a back rub." So my buddy starts giving Rodney a back rub. "A little to the left, a little to the right....not get lost kid....can't ya see I'm in the middle something here."

Awesome story. Rodney was a real comedy treasure. :rocker:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back