PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random football thoughts that don't deserve it's own thread.

I can't believe it's on to game 2 already - it's like camp just started last week ... way too quick.

I wish football was like a good pipe ... packed hard and enjoyed slowly.

football season always flys by...before you know it..it will be week 3 already

i bet the pats giving 14 pts this week...what the heck

This thread 14 posts, you taking the over or under?

That is the real QUESTION?

The smart play if you want to take the NEP this week is to do a 2 part teaser with 7 points.

You'd only have to give 7, and could have your choice of adding or subtracting 7 more from the over/under--depending upon which way you want to go.

I did it successfully many times last year too.

There's no way I'm giving 14 pts, even though they probably will beat it.

The smart play if you want to take the NEP this week is to do a 2 part teaser with 7 points.

You'd only have to give 7, and could have your choice of adding or subtracting 7 more from the over/under--depending upon which way you want to go.

i teased the saints giants and vikings +10 in my favor. Think i have a very good shot at that one

yick...now I know why lions eat their young...

Be gentle with him. He's trying to boost his comments count to 50.

I like the 3 team 10 point sweetheart teasers myself. ;)

May I suggest a name change from Joker to Not Funny

Shirley, you jest....in the meantime, try the veal!!

I'll be here all week ...please check all hats and coats with Rocco, the Hat Check Girl..

I had this random thought a few days ago and now I am glad I have somewhere to post it.

I just love Big Vince. I love how he crushes people with abandon on the football field, and then seems like the nicest, sweetest guy at his post-game pressers. Someone you would love to have for a next door neighbor. Is it my imagination or does BB let him have post-game pressers way more than other defensive players have had in the past? It must be because he comes across so well. Thanks Big Vince.

Is it my imagination or does BB let him have post-game pressers way more than other defensive players have had in the past? It must be because he comes across so well. Thanks Big Vince.

I thought it was because he was a team captain.

Anyone know if this is true? :confused:

The NFL instant replay system on the field with the black hood always reminds me of a photographer taking a picture in the 1800's. I think they should move the technology up a few centuries.

If the NFL uses on field cameras for instant replays, then the games being played on the off-nights must get a lot more coverage and more accurate calls.

Did the Pats really run the ball more than they threw it in game 1? Someone pinch me.

No Pats fans, especially those of us from day one, could ever imagine that we'd end up where we are today. We're so lucky.

I had this random thought a few days ago and now I am glad I have somewhere to post it.

I just love Big Vince. I love how he crushes people with abandon on the football field, and then seems like the nicest, sweetest guy at his post-game pressers. Someone you would love to have for a next door neighbor. Is it my imagination or does BB let him have post-game pressers way more than other defensive players have had in the past? It must be because he comes across so well. Thanks Big Vince.

I have a pretty vivid memory of listening to Big Vince being interviewed on radio right after he was drafted. I was very impressed with him even then. He's a lot like Brady and rarely says the wrong thing, so I'm sure Belichick gives him more leeway.

I have a pretty vivid memory of listening to Big Vince being interviewed on radio right after he was drafted. I was very impressed with him even then. He's a lot like Brady and rarely says the wrong thing, so I'm sure Belichick gives him more leeway.

Indeed, plus being a team captain helps, I'm sure! :D

I've had my Wilfork jersey for 7 years.. It was a very hard jersey to find at the time. It always sucks when you choose a jersey and the guy is gone in a year or two, Wilfork.. I knew the dude was going to be a stud :rocker:

tried to find am authentic Gronk jersey last November at the Pro Shop in Foxboro...got laughed out of the state...

tried to find am authentic Gronk jersey last November at the Pro Shop in Foxboro...got laughed out of the state...

After the lick he put on the kick returner last Sunday, I'm giving serious thought to getting a Ghost jersey.

bet you can find one this year...should be more available...same with hernandez I want a hernandez one..but don't want to spend the $$

Sorry about the length, but since the subject came up, this was my last bet...

Team A (12-4), my team, and team B (4-12) are playing at B in the next to last game of the season. Team A is an 11.5 point favorite and is winning 21-0 at the half. It could have been twice that, but amazingly, team A never scores another point in the game.

Still winning 21-7 and covering with only four seconds left, the meaningless game comes down to one meaningless play by team B with 4 seconds left. The QB for B, a lefty, drops back from around midfield and is immediately running backwards to avoid a rush. As he runs away and gains some space, he turns the wrong way and heaves a ball with all his might that ends up coming down around the 15 in a sea of players.

Sure, team B caught the ball but so what, the game is over.

But wait, there's a flag, penalty on (you guessed it) team A, and team B gets one more meaningless play from the 15 or so.

As the QB goes back and releases the ball to the left front corner of the end zone, the camera switches to a WR who has slipped and fallen and is sitting on his butt just over the goal line. Up go the hands, down comes the ball in his hands and up goes the refs hands for the TD. That covers the bet but still loses the game.

Team A was the San Diego Chargers, with Dan Fouts and air Coryell, and team B was the Seattle Seahawks with Jim Zorn and Steve Largent, who made the remarkable catch. The year was 1980, or Patriot year 20 BB.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back