PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams Trash Talk: "They can't stop our offense"

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 the obvious : why would you willingly give the Patriots bulletin board material? Its common knowledge they feed off of it.
This. They have been feeding off it all year, the Pats are looking to find slights against them.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Act like you have been there before"...

Oh wait a minute, last time they were there they crapped the bed...

Toughest task yet for the Pats.

RB Gurley 14 games 1251 rushing 17 tds,

WR Gurley 14 games 580 passing 4 tds - 72% catch rate
WR Woods 16 games 1219 passing 6 tds - 66% catch rate
WR Cooks 16 games 1204 passing 5 tds - 68% catch rate
WR Reynolds 16 games 402 passing 5 tds - 54% catch rate

Looks like Reynolds will drop the ball.

We wont see him but another beast.
WR Kupp 8 games 566 passing 6 tds - 72% catch rate

2018 Los Angeles Rams Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Can they stop your offense... the dude laughs. Not smart. Looks like 0 catches for this kid.

Just saw this on NFLN - Rams WR Josh Reynolds said that the Pats can't stop the Rams offense (2:24). Also he says "if it's a man game they want to play it's a man game we are going to give them" (2:16). Pretty confident for a number 3 receiver...

Fredex, is that you.?

Thanks for giving the defense some true bulletin board material, Josh.

I imagine he's probably one of the guys who will be forced to beat us with emphasis on the top 2 WRs and Gurley. Reynolds and the tight ends will be the targets who have to capitalize like Watkins did (and I didn't think he had it in him). We'll see if Reynolds can live up to his words because he's going to be targeted often.

The Pats are a balanced team leaning towards rushing now. Nobody is scoring without the ball. The Pats execute long time consuming drives that set up play action where Brady is deadly.

RB Sony 931 yards 4.5 yards a carry
RB White 425 yards 4.5 yac
RB Burkhead 186 yards 3.3 yac but seems to be picking up momentum
RB Patterson 228 yards 5.4 yac

James White is a money in the bank player who is so underrated. A poor mans Todd Gurley or Levon Bell.

Not a single NE WR,RB,TE has 900 receiving yards. But every NE,RB, TE in receiving mode has hands of glue. Any catch rate above 66% is phenomenal. @ 66% youre completing 2 out of every 3 passes which seems to be the winning formula.

WR White 751 yards 70% catch rate.
WR Burkhead 131 yards 70% catch rate
WR Patterson 247 yards 75% catch rate
WR Edelman 850 yards 68% catch rate and he struggled early after missing 4 games.
WR Devlin 60 yards 70% catch rate
TE Gronk 682 yards 65% catch rate in a down year because of injury.
TE Allen 80% catch rate
TE Holster 75% catch rate
WR Hogan 532 yards 63% catch rate
WR Michel 50 yards 63% catch rate

WR Brady 100% catch rate

WR Dorsett 290 yards 76% catch rate Dude had hands of stone when he arrived in NE. WR coaches deserve props.

2018 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Last edited:
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

You know how this movie ends, right?

What’s funny is that the guy who asked the question, James Jones, has made it clear he’s pulling for the Rams this week. And then he puts Reynolds in a position where he made this remark...

I don't think his comments make a difference. 2 great teams in the Super Bowl, both want to win. That's motivation enough. My main concern if the 2nd half Pat's defense. I wish they had more of a killer instinct. Didn't like how they played in the 2nd half of the Charger's game, same with the 2nd half of the Chief's game. I'm hoping they mimic the 1st half of both games, and play that way for a full 60 minutes.

Reynolds is a good young receiver, he was someone I wanted the Pats to draft. He will probably have a good game, as I assume the Pat's will try to take away the Rams top 2 weapons, Cooks & Gurley. I assume Woods may have a big game too. But if they do a good job of taking away Cooks & Gurley, regardless of what Reynolds and Woods do, I like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST