PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders willing to trade Asomugha

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was all a dream.
Used to read Word-Up Magazine.

You know the rest. ;)

Still though, time for him to move on somewhere else, get paid, and blow up like the World Trade.

So the deal turns into Seymour for Asomugha? Still a solid one for the Pats.
That would certainly work for me but I was just thinking in terms of more likelihood the Raiders would continue to suck next year.

Still though, time for him to move on somewhere else, get paid, and blow up like the World Trade.

Perhaps he may redu his deal, but Asomugha still remembers when he was dead broke, and now has a 50 inch screen, a money-green leather sofa, two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur..

Last edited:
Perhaps he may redu his deal, but Asomugha still remembers when he was dead broke, and now has a 50 inch screen, a money-green leather sofa, two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur..

No need to worry, his accountant handles that.

No need to worry, his accountant handles that.

Well done, JFK. Well done.;)

It would appear that both he and Seymour are goin' goin' back back to Cali Cali.

Last edited:
It would be awesome having Asomugha.

I would take him in a New York minute, but I just don't see any way the team could take on his contract, Brady's contract, and/or Wilfork's contract along with any other expiring contracts and free agent moves that might be upcoming. Sounds like a pipedream to me.

No cap year, so it can be worked out for whatever team wants to take the chance.

I don't have ESPN insider but here's the link:

Link

He would certainly help the Patriots secondary... :rocker:

You don't need insider. The reports been out all afternoon based on a Shefter tweet that the Raiders are basically shopping their entire roster, much like they did last year, hoping to unload some of their most ******ed contracts in the uncapped year in advance of a work stoppage. Asomugha's deal is basically untradeable (and not just to a top 8 or 4 team) because no one else would have signed him to it last year knowing there was a labor impasse on the horizen. It will therefore be high comedy when they tag Seymour. Some here admire franchises that spend $50M more than anyone else even when it nets them nothing, or less than nothing in Al's case. Senile Al even sold off minority shares in the Raiders over the last couple of seasons to raise cash so he could chase a ghost, his heyday.

Worst NFL organization by far. FO, ownership, coaching....

For those of us who knew the Raiders from the early 80's it's kinda sad actually.

My cousin who is in his late 30's became a Raiders fan as a kid (growing up here...that bad to the bone image was so much more enticing that pat patriot I guess). He resigned himself about six years ago to the fact that until Al had lost his fastball and about four years ago he resigned himself to the reality that until he croaks that franchise is screwed. I used to torture him over it regularly bit in the last couple of years he beats me to the punch...

How sweet would this be, however how serious are the Raiders in trading this guy? Although, I had to wonder when he signed the extension, what the hell was HE thinking?

that would be great.......don't pay samuel, but pay this guy even more, giving up draft picks in the process.....:confused::confused:

that would be great.......don't pay samuel, but pay this guy even more, giving up draft picks in the process.....:confused::confused:

I don't think Asante is on asomughas level.

Asomugha is better, he's a true cover guy whereas Samuel is a (very good) guesser.

I'm not big into trading good picks for players, though, I like the reverse of trading guys like Seymour and letting someone else pay the big money.

According to Rotoworld the Jets could reastically be interested in acquiring Asomugha somehow. That would be insane.

Asomugha is better, he's a true cover guy whereas Samuel is a (very good) guesser.

I'm not big into trading good picks for players, though, I like the reverse of trading guys like Seymour and letting someone else pay the big money.

so the net change would be that over a couple of years, you just spun your wheels.......giving up on a very good corner and a very good prospect for a 'great' corner.......what's the value in it?

better offf spending it on a pass rush.......with the right front 7, you can win an SB with randall gay and earthwind moreland as your starting corners

Last edited:
so the net change would be that over a couple of years, you just spun your wheels.......giving up on a very good corner and a very good prospect for a 'great' corner.......what's the value in it?
I think it's unlikely Belichick would do it given his contract. I don't think I would either. Presented as "Seymour for Asomugha" then I like that deal. But with the money involved I'd prefer the draft pick and money spent elsewhere than the player.

Last year we all know AL kicked the tires with vince.also looking at what he got for burgess a bum of a DE/OLB .

how about one 1st and one 2nd with vince thrown in.

According to Rotoworld the Jets could reastically be interested in acquiring Asomugha somehow. That would be insane.

Wow, that would be one unstoppable defense if it did happen.

The Kryptonite to that defense would be Wes Welker, o wait...:bricks:

Last year we all know AL kicked the tires with vince.also looking at what he got for burgess a bum of a DE/OLB .

how about one 1st and one 2nd with vince thrown in.

Why would you want to overpay by that much?

I know there's no chance of it happening, so I'm not even going to bother saying it.

PS, I'd rather keep Wilfork if the choice is VW or Asomugha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back