OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Your prediction for the outcome and your personal wishes on this mess:

• He will get probation and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • He will get probation and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 35 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone with 2 generations of offspring, I recommend that parents NOT enable making role models of athletes and most public figures. There are plenty of excellent role models elsewhere should you feel obligated go that route.

I'm not saying kids shouldn't be fans. Parents can explain public vs private persona.

A Patriots fan, not an Aaron Hernandez fan

Lifer, nothing has been proven against ahern, so he is innocent of everything. I hope he has nothing to do with it and make all you haters look like fools.

look at the picture in the article

State Police Investigators Swarm Home Of Patriots’ Aaron Hernandez « CBS Boston

is there any reason at all that the cops need to park that way and drive on people lawns?

I'm starting to think there's a fair amount of panic coming from the cops......I don't think they have the evidence they need to implement the arrest warrant.......I'll laugh my arse off if this thing flies off the handle due to incompetence

As someone with 2 generations of offspring, I recommend that parents NOT enable making role models of athletes and most public figures. There are plenty of excellent role models elsewhere should you feel obligated go that route.

I'm not saying kids shouldn't be fans. Parents can explain public vs private persona.

I told my kids to watch the sport, not the people.......although my kid idolizes gronk because at 14 he's got lots in common with gronk....at least maturity-wise

...Goodell can do what he wants.......

You keep making this same ridiculous, and already disproved, statement. It's not true, as the Saints case has already demonstrated quite clearly, and you repeating it time and again is not going to make it true.

Re: A Patriots fan, not an Aaron Hernandez fan

I did like 12 hours of forum warrioring on this topic yesterday and I don't remember a single post where someone said we need to stay loyal to Aaron.

There was basically two camps: Those who already want him off the team and call him a thug, etc, and those who say doing so is premature because we don't have the full set of facts in front of us.

Who are you even directing this thread at? Nobody is defending Hernandez anywhere that I've read - here, reddit, facebook or twitter.

But they are just athletes.

They are also role model, but virtue of being pro-atheles. They are practically celebrities. And since we're talking about sports here, these are guys that kids watch and look up to, as well.

No more than you or I do. They are obligated to play football.

Correct, but by virtue of them being pro-athletes they are suppose to lead by example, since they are being exposed to the public (and young children). It comes with the territory. Every move they make will be scrutinized.

That is totally ridiculous. If a child looks up to a person who turns out to be a bad person, that is not what they emulate. Are you saying Hernandez fans will become murderers to be like him? Since virtually every walk of life has people in it who commit heinous crimes, we must now remove teachers, doctors, lawyers, nurses, politicians, clergy, and any other profession you can name from being role models?

The moment AH started covering up for the murderer (of himself if he turns to be the one), he stopped being a role model in my family. The same holds true for every other person (be it a celebrity, a pro-athlete, or any joe schmoe off the street). When you turn into a criminal, or otherwise, help cover up the work of a criminal, you are no longer a role model. Unlike you, I do give a rat's ***** if AH continues to play football after this saga is over, especially if he ends up back with the Patriots (which I'll bet my balls on that it won't happen). Funny how everyone here likes to bash on RL, but AH is some angel... :rolleyes:

You do not know that.

AH is COVERING AND HIDING INFORMATION, hence I DO KNOW that he had something to do with it. And even if he had nothing to do with it directly, but rather just trying to be a 'good friend' to the murderer by covering up tracks, then he is still involved by virtue of obstruction of justice. That MAKES him involved.

This is part of the problem. What basis would you claim to know whether he is capable of committing such a crime? You know nothing about him. He is as likely to be capable of murder as whatever percent of people are. Watching him play football does not give you insight into his character.

Of course I know nothing about AH on a personal level. That's why I was *THINKING* and *THEORIZING* that he couldn't have possibly been involved. I guess I gave him the benefit of the doubt, figuring that now in pro-football, and adult-life, playing on my team, he has left his college habits in the past. Not to mentioned, he didn't have any past murder charges in his background, so I had no reason to believe otherwise.

Virtually none of this is confirmed,

Really? REALLY??? :rolleyes:

I guess the official statement from the MSP are just made up by the authorities...

Who are you anyways? if I didn't know any better (which I don't), I'd guess you are Aaron Hernandez himself, trying to clear up his own name in cyberspace... None has been confirmed?!?!? Is that the reason why a warrant with charges for obstruction of justice has been written/issued?

A very rash position. Will you be sorry if he turns out to be innocent and you must stick by your judgment of him to be a scumbag?

The moment he hired a cleaning crew to scrub his place, destroyed his surveillance system, and his cell phone, he's not innocent anymore. He may not be the murderer, but he is still guilty of obstruction of justice in connection with a capital crime. Therefore, no, he will never be innocent in my books. Just a thug (at the very least), or a murderer (at the very worst).

And no, I won't be sorry. Thank you very much.

Its not up to a vote, its up to Kraft and BB.

Breaking new genius: In my books, I VOTE!

As for Kraft and BB.... heh... just wait and see how they vote... :rolleyes:

They are what they are, and some are thugs and some are scum.
Root for the laundry.

Sorry, pro-sports for me and vast majority is something more than some crime-filled entertainment. If you want to watch a sport where criminals are involved, go visit your local state prison.

I will wait to know the facts.

Too late... he's been covering for a murder.... that's plenty enough.

I told my kids to watch the sport, not the people.......although my kid idolizes gronk because at 14 he's got lots in common with gronk....at least maturity-wise

Perhaps your 14 yr old son could be that mature emotionally stabilizing influence Gronk needs :)

They are also role model, but virtue of being pro-atheles. They are practically celebrities. And since we're talking about sports here, these are guys that kids watch and look up to, as well.

Correct, but by virtue of them being pro-athletes they are suppose to lead by example, since they are being exposed to the public (and young children). It comes with the territory. Every move they make will be scrutinized.

The moment AH started covering up for the murderer (of himself if he turns to be the one), he stopped being a role model in my family. The same holds true for every other person (be it a celebrity, a pro-athlete, or any joe schmoe off the street). When you turn into a criminal, or otherwise, help cover up the work of a criminal, you are no longer a role model. Unlike you, I do give a rat's ***** if AH continues to play football after this saga is over, especially if he ends up back with the Patriots (which I'll bet my balls on that it won't happen). Funny how everyone here likes to bash on RL, but AH is some angel... :rolleyes:

AH is COVERING AND HIDING INFORMATION, hence I DO KNOW that he had something to do with it. And even if he had nothing to do with it directly, but rather just trying to be a 'good friend' to the murderer by covering up tracks, then he is still involved by virtue of obstruction of justice. That MAKES him involved.

Of course I know nothing about AH on a personal level. That's why I was *THINKING* and *THEORIZING* that he couldn't have possibly been involved. I guess I gave him the benefit of the doubt, figuring that now in pro-football, and adult-life, playing on my team, he has left his college habits in the past. Not to mentioned, he didn't have any past murder charges in his background, so I had no reason to believe otherwise.

Really? REALLY??? :rolleyes:

I guess the official statement from the MSP are just made up by the authorities...

Who are you anyways? if I didn't know any better (which I don't), I'd guess you are Aaron Hernandez himself, trying to clear up his own name in cyberspace... None has been confirmed?!?!? Is that the reason why a warrant with charges for obstruction of justice has been written/issued?

The moment he hired a cleaning crew to scrub his place, destroyed his surveillance system, and his cell phone, he's not innocent anymore. He may not be the murderer, but he is still guilty of obstruction of justice in connection with a capital crime. Therefore, no, he will never be innocent in my books. Just a thug (at the very least), or a murderer (at the very worst).

And no, I won't be sorry. Thank you very much.

Breaking new genius: In my books, I VOTE!

As for Kraft and BB.... heh... just wait and see how they vote... :rolleyes:

Sorry, pro-sports for me and vast majority is something more than some crime-filled entertainment. If you want to watch a sport where criminals are involved, go visit your local state prison.

Too late... he's been covering for a murder.... that's plenty enough.

Where has his warrant been issued? Wait, only search warrants!

I guess your not supposed to have a cleaning crew when your a millionaire.

We have no friggen clue on ANYTHING besides that Lloyd was killed, ahern knows him and the car at the scene was under aherns name. Nothing else! The breaking of the home system could have been done by anyone in his house. Do you really follow the media and take their word? I sure as heck wouldn't.

I'm a Patriots fan and have been a Hernandez fan. Recent events are forcing me to re-examine being a fan of the player, whom I'd perceived as a young man overcoming adversity, making a career and maturing. Going forward, depending on actual facts and Aaron's explanations, it could go either way although the odds seem way against AH.

I know what I think now but I also know that many "facts" we hear are likely not facts at all. We'll see.

Where has his warrant been issued? Wait, only search warrants!

I said written/issued... as in written OR issued. And there would still be a difference between those two, and EXECUTED.

I guess your not supposed to have a cleaning crew when your a millionaire.

LOL.... I guess a whole CREW that was instructed to quote-on-quote 'SCRUB' the place, is part of the weekly cleaning gig... especially in the late evening hours.

And it's YOU'RE not your.... fix your grammar before you attempt to argue with someone intelligently, will you? :rolleyes:

We have no friggen clue on ANYTHING besides that Lloyd was killed, ahern knows him and the car at the scene was under aherns name. Nothing else! The breaking of the home system could have been done by anyone in his house. Do you really follow the media and take their word? I sure as heck wouldn't.

Maybe Lloyd wasn't even killed after all.... Why should we believe that part either? Right? :rolleyes:

Dude, you're either AH himself, or just severely delusional and in extreme denial. Lay off whatever you're smoking.... the guy is implicated. The sooner you realize that, the lesser the eventual shock will be. ;)

I am a pats fan and AH doesnt bother me...yet. Is it worse to wait and hear how this plays out? Or convict him without his day in court?

And till I see any real evidence that he is guilty of something, i am on his side. He has enough with the media, you would think that he would get a fair shake from pats fans at least....but I guess not.

Does it help anything to dump him early? we can all dump on him all we want if he is connected to actuallly murdering Lloyd.

So who was it that destroyed his home surveillance system, his cell phone, and had a crime scene scrubbed?

So who was it that destroyed his home surveillance system, his cell phone, and had a crime scene scrubbed?

We don't know, we don't know and there's no indication his house is where the killing took place since the reports we've gotten are the body was found elsewhere and hadn't been moved.

These are the sort of things I'm waiting to hear about before grabbing my mob justice pitchfork.

There is already an" explosive " thread with people trying to answer those questions

I root for anybody wearing the uniform. It's not that I don't care about what they're doing when not in uniform but I can't sit here and lie and say that If Hernandez is on the field week one I won't be rooting for him.

Again, I am guilty of jumping to conclusions with Julian Edelman and at the time it seemed far more clear he did something wrong than Hernandez. I am willing to wait to see this play out before I convict this guy.

I am/was a fan of Hernandez and the Pats. Hernandez before this wasn't my favorite Patriot, but he was in the top 5-10. If we find he is guilty of actively covering up this crime more than just his silence (like destroying evidence) or even worse being an active participant in the murder, I will hate the guy.

I am also not ashamed to admit that if this was happening to say Santonio Holmes, I would have probably rushed to judgement and already called for a lifetime suspension and he gets life.

I root for anybody wearing the uniform. It's not that I don't care about what they're doing when not in uniform but I can't sit here and lie and say that If Hernandez is on the field week one I won't be rooting for him.

Same here. Although I think Hernandez is an idiot off the field who needs to grow up bigtime IF by some way he comes out of this still on the team then I'll be cheering his big plays same as always.

Media Circus

What a Circus the last few days have been. I am saddened for my Team , i am saddened for AH. What ever became to " innocent till proven guilty " ? This makes me angry not because i love and support the New England Patriots, or AH , but we all know that many murders of innocent lives take place nearly every day yet hardly get mentioned. Its obvious that AH has some 'bad friends' but does that make him a murderer ?
As an outsider all the way from the Middle East , this 'Circus' is having a negative effect for the Patriots because the media have already branded AH as a murderer in their stupid way.
Right now i can only pray that it ends soon and that AH can learn from this and concentrate on playing and taking care of his family.
Whatever happens this great Team will still move on and be the Champions they are.

I'm the same way, to a degree.

But I think I'd rather not see someone complicit in a murder - one way or the other - getting paid to play professional football.

I don't know if Aaron is involved and to what degree if he is, so all I can say is that right now I'm still an Aaron Hernandez fan and enjoyed throwing a 60 yard TD from Tebow in preseason 2014 in my Madden league this morning. And it made me sad, selfishly, to think he might be off the team soon if things play out a certain way.

But overall, I think murder, rape and child abuse are the things that would make me not want the guy on this team anymore. Still, until all of that has been proven I'm gonna go on rooting for him and hoping he is catching passes from Brady week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST