Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Your prediction for the outcome and your personal wishes on this mess:

• He will get probation and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • He will get probation and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 35 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to convict someone of obstruction of justice/destroying evidence if you cant prove there was evidence on either his phone or security system. It's not a crime to smash your cell phone in and of itself. Hence the delay in issuing the arrest warrant.

I was hoping there would be an option to put him in a Mapplethorpe exhibit with a Jesus statue in a tank full of pee

I can't imagine that comment being particularly well received by anyone here.

My hope - even my expectation - is that this team will use adversity to come together as a team, and rise above all of this, driven to succeed this season.

I think the Spygate "scandal" in 2007 really helped push the team to a new level - with Brady particularly driven to silence the naysayers.

We could see the same thing here - one hopes - with guys stepping up to show leadership by example.

As far as Hernandez, I have no idea what type of punishment he might get - but what's clear is that he has played his last game as a Patriot. No way is he coming back.

You have to cut him just to send a message - and it's a good message.

I wish they could cut him right now. Hopefully he gets cuffed soon. I don't want this thug associated with the logo any longer than he has to be.

Dang, never new this fan base had such hatred towards someone. I personally hope this "thug" is out there playing every game along with gronk and being part of this team. Apparently when nothing's been proven that you did something you did it. Are we really at that low of a level??? I don't think ahern did this. I think he just got caught up. But whatever. Lets blow smoke out our rear end on what has been reported (basically all false). But hey keep on going fellas.

Here's my premature ejaculation of opinion. It has 180ed since I 1st heard about this and thought as a Pats fan there must be a relatively innocent explanation. I currently say he likely does time and is cut with morals clause invoked to recover remaining bonus money and cap relief.

If he is shown to be involved, even as a passive observer, a lifetime ban from the NFL* would be appropriate.

All subject to revision as we separate media falsehoods from actuality, if we ever do.

* Or a sentence as a Jet player assuming it does not violate the cruel and unusual punishment prohibition.

IF it's only obstruction, I am going to be highly interested in seeing what the NFL does. The same NFL that recently celebrated the life of a certain #52 with a hour long special on its very own network channel. The same NFL commish who gives a big bear hug to said #52 before a playoff game, the guy who, at the time, received the largest fine for a player for an infraction outside of drug use.

Some these posts on this site for that last few days regarding AH are utterly ridiculous. Last time I checked there is no one on this entire site who is in the FBI, CIA, or any kind of law enforcement. What gives you the right to say all these disgusting things about this guy who we all have cheered for and rooted for?? Here's fun fact for you WE DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT, nobody does. What happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty?? Don't we still practice that in this country.....i thought so. Hernandez is not just a TE for the New England Patriots, he is a 23 year old dude with a young daughter and he's human just like me or you regardless of the amount of money in his bank account. And yes, this situation looks grim for him and he may or may not have committed this crime but that is not up to us, the reporters, or ESPN to decide its up to the US Judicial System. And until they the court system and not some guy who watches to much CSI Miami have concluded that he was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that AH was absolutely involved in this I will give him the benefit of the doubt because if the shoe was on the other foot and you or a member of your own family were the one being accused of these acts then you would want the same thing.

First off, how do you know who on this site is or isn't employed in the law enforcement community? Just as a presumptuous thought as those you say are presuming the 'guilt' of AH. So maybe you need to 'check' again the employment of those posting here. Saying "there is no one on this entire site who is in the FBI, CIA, or any kind of law enforcement" is just as bad as those of us saying AH is guilty. But if you 'know' the employers of everyone on this site, more power to you!

I get the whole in a perfect world , innocent until proven guilty stuff. Makes for great theater. Let's be honest. Where there is smoke there is fire. It wasn't like Hernandez was sitting home watching Oprah and is falsely accused of being drawn into something.

He may very well be innocent according to the letter of the law but let's cowboy up and admit the guys a thug. We need to decide what character we can tolerate versus play on the field. What are wins worth versus character?

Anybody can field a team of thugs.

Risk vs. reward in Aaron Hernandez case - ESPN Boston

Aaron Hernandez’s scouting report was ominous - Sports - The Boston Globe

Within days of draft, Hernandez threatened Welker | ProFootballTalk

IF it's only obstruction, I am going to be highly interested in seeing what the NFL does. The same NFL that recently celebrated the life of a certain #52 with a hour long special on its very own network channel. The same NFL commish who gives a big bear hug to said #52 before a playoff game, the guy who, at the time, received the largest fine for a player for an infraction outside of drug use.

I am no fan of Ray Lewis more than you are, and to be honest, RL is one of my top 5 hated players for all time. HOWEVER, in his case, he was acquitted in court of law, and so as far as the NFL's concern, he didn't murder anyone. It doesn't matter than you and I still know or think he was involved in it, but from an official and legal way, he is innocent, and as such, yes, he was *celebrated*, and rightfully so.

I don't think ahern did this. I think he just got caught up.

Take #81 playing for the team you root for out of the equation.

If this was just some dude embroiled in a situation like this, including clearly destroying evidence and attempting to hinder a murder investigation, would you still be supporting him? Does it even matter if he actually pulled the trigger? At the very least he is some sort of accessory. And that's the best case scenario. What is the point of defending him at this point?

Do you think O.J. was wrongfully accused of murder too? Casey Anthony?
Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean anything in the court of public opinion. And the courts don't always get things correct.

AHern may not be a 'murderer', but he's chosen to help cover up a murder instead of taking responsibility. That, to me, is morally, ethically, and legally reprehensible, and I'd find it very hard to root for him again.

Take #81 playing for the team you root for out of the equation.
ok
If this was just some dude embroiled in a situation like this, including clearly destroying evidence and attempting to hinder a murder investigation, would you still be supporting him? Does it even matter if he actually pulled the trigger? At the very least he is some sort of accessory. And that's the best case scenario. What is the point of defending him at this point?
How do you know he has done something/anything wrong? How do you know he was there when this man was murdered? How do you know he had any involvement?
Do you think O.J. was wrongfully accused of murder too? Casey Anthony?
Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean anything in the court of public opinion. And the courts don't always get things correct.
The OJ thing looks like a legal team got him away with it. I don't know enough about the Casey Anthony thing to make a comment.
AHern may not be a 'murderer', but he's chosen to help cover up a murder instead of taking responsibility. That, to me, is morally, ethically, and legally reprehensible, and I'd find it very hard to root for him again.
Again you accuse him of doing something but there is no proof of any sort yet that he did anything wrong.

If it becomes clear he was involved then I will hope he never sets foot on a football field again and certainly not as a Patriot. Right now though all thats going on is a lot of media feeding their addicted audience with scraps of information leading them to the conclusion that AHern has done something wrong. They are looking more foolish by the day because there has been no arrest and its entirely possible that they are completely wrong and that a completely innocent man has had his life ruined for a couple of days by horrible people who would drive over you for a news story.

How do you know he has done something/anything wrong? How do you know he was there when this man was murdered? How do you know he had any involvement?

Maybe you can write up a plausible explanation for this series of events that completely exonerates him from suspicion:
- guy he knows and was with hours before is murdered 1 mile from his house
- hires a cleaning crew
- destroys home surveillance system
- destroys cellphone
- apparently being sued for shooting a friend in the face recently

I'm just being honest with myself. I don't need to know something 100% to believe the aggregate of the evidence and form an opinion. I'm not a court of law and have my own litmus.

Saying innocent until proven guilty is a fantasy is how people end up being exonerated from the death penalty 20 years later due to dna evdence. Just cause you think someone is guilty doesn't mean they always are.

Glad to know Hernandez has been tried and convicted and it going to jail. :rolleyes:

I am no fan of Ray Lewis more than you are, and to be honest, RL is one of my top 5 hated players for all time. HOWEVER, in his case, he was acquitted in court of law, and so as far as the NFL's concern, he didn't murder anyone. It doesn't matter than you and I still know or think he was involved in it, but from an official and legal way, he is innocent, and as such, yes, he was *celebrated*, and rightfully so.

RL plead guilty to obstruction of justice which is the same charge that AH is rumored to be charged with.

Saying innocent until proven guilty is a fantasy

It's not a fantasy.

It's a legal concept that I agree with completely.

But legal concepts are different than "things that I personally think" which I understood to be the crux of the thread.

I'm almost definitely in a minority here, but I don't give a **** whether my favorite NFL team is composed of model citizens or convicted felons. Hernandez is one of the best players on this team and it was clear as day that when he wasn't on the field, Hoomanawanui didn't cut it. It's better if the players stay out of trouble, because trouble can often keep them off the field, but if they can take the field, they should by all means do so.

That's the about thing the Court of Public OPINION... we dont need to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt to form an OPINION. All we need is a little common sense (or lack there of for some of you).

Common sense tells me that this dude is in some way involved with a murder.

I want no part of this circus anywhere near this team. BB/Kraft took a gamble on him, and lost big time. The gift we thought we got in the draft, turned out to be a timebomb wrapped in a box.

Not sure how some of you can still defend this clown with a clear head.

I'm almost definitely in a minority here, but I don't give a **** whether my favorite NFL team is composed of model citizens or convicted felons. Hernandez is one of the best players on this team and it was clear as day that when he wasn't on the field, Hoomanawanui didn't cut it. It's better if the players stay out of trouble, because trouble can often keep them off the field, but if they can take the field, they should by all means do so.

Yeah...gonna go out on a limb and agree that you are most definitely in the minority.

If you have no problem rooting for a MURDERER (not saying he is, just eluding to your "I don’t care what he did" gesture) just because he can help your favorite sports team win games, you may want to consider sitting back to reevaluate your morals (or lack of).

That’s pretty sad dude. Pathetic even.

Sounds like you should be a Raider fan, though, Cincinnati had major problems with outlaws the last few years. I am on board with players who made a mistake (swung at a cop), but sports is not bigger then life. Murder ends life, and it appears Hernandez might have been involved. There is a line that cannot be crossed, and murder is well beyond that line.

Right now though all thats going on is a lot of media feeding their addicted audience with scraps of information leading them to the conclusion that AHern has done something wrong. They are looking more foolish by the day because there has been no arrest and its entirely possible that they are completely wrong and that a completely innocent man has had his life ruined for a couple of days by horrible people who would drive over you for a news story.

Absolutely right. But just in case, let's trade him before the GMs around the league become as loony as the folks on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back