Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Your prediction for the outcome and your personal wishes on this mess:

• He will get probation and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • He will get probation and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 35 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost definitely in a minority here, but I don't give a **** whether my favorite NFL team is composed of model citizens or convicted felons. Hernandez is one of the best players on this team and it was clear as day that when he wasn't on the field, Hoomanawanui didn't cut it. It's better if the players stay out of trouble, because trouble can often keep them off the field, but if they can take the field, they should by all means do so.

Exactly what are you rooting for then? Does that Pats uniform look THAT good to you that you don't care who's in it?

I root for a team because I like the people on it, if the Pats and Bengals/Raiders traded all their players I wouldnt root for the Pats because I couldnt respect the players on the team, which means I can't respect the organization. If you're fine with thugs then to each his own.

That said, if you have someone who has shown astonishingly bad judgment, even after having a child and getting a huge contract, then I highly doubt their judgment will improve for any reason, money and power don't improve character, they reveal it.

So, we have someone with horrible judgment and IMO over-rated playing ability, don't get me wrong, Ahern does many great thing on the field but he's often injured and has mediocre hands. I think he simply not worth the risk, I'd much rather trade him to the Raiders or Bengals and draft someone like Colt Lyerla as a replacement.

It's not a fantasy.

It's a legal concept that I agree with completely.

But legal concepts are different than "things that I personally think" which I understood to be the crux of the thread.

'legal' concepts are completely different in goodell's courtroom.......and they have changed drastically since Ray Lewis' run-in with the law.....

right now, I see no 2013 for AH whether he winds up in jail or not......the moment the indictment is handed down, the most likely scenario will me similar to micheal vick where he was suspended indefinitely upon being charged.

If the Patriots do recover his signing bonus they should donate it to the victims family.

With all due respect....Im calling bull**** on this. Please tell me you cant honestly believe that this Odin Lloyd kid was some innocent by standard that just got caught in the wrong situation? If Hernandez is a dirt bag, because he hangs with dirt bags...this obviously was one of them. No one gets shot and killed in the early hours of the morning just cuz they where inncocent. Common sense tells me this was either a drug deal gone bad, or a domestic violence case. So the only thing his family should get....is condolences.

I'm waiting for the fog to clear before I take on a certain opinion. The media has been typically irresponsible in its reporting so far on this, so I'm waiting for more concrete information. It looks bad, though, and if he's found guilty, I don't know how the Pats could keep him, or would want to keep him. Personally, I think if he's guilty, I want him gone, but I'm in a state of denial in a way, finding it hard to believe that one of the feel-good stories on this team was just a pipe dream.

The comparisons to Dennard that I've seen are ridiculous on their face. Apples and oranges.

A Patriots fan, not an Aaron Hernandez fan

Im a little put off my those who say as Patriots fans we need to stay loyal to this guy. I think thats crap. My allegience and loyalty is not for any one player its to the team. Its pretty clear, at the very least, Hernandez is a punk who obstructed justice, and at most, is a murderer. Yes, he is innocent until proven guilty, but even if he "only" obstructed justice, just by what we know about him, to have him in that locker room, to ever see him in that uniform, would make me sick. I am a fan of the New England Patriots. To that end, the sooner this scumbag is cut the better.

I'm almost definitely in a minority here, but I don't give a **** whether my favorite NFL team is composed of model citizens or convicted felons. Hernandez is one of the best players on this team and it was clear as day that when he wasn't on the field, Hoomanawanui didn't cut it. It's better if the players stay out of trouble, because trouble can often keep them off the field, but if they can take the field, they should by all means do so.

Let me guess... you have no kids and are too young to understand what role-model is, and what these athletes are suppose to be (in addition to being... well... just athletes). These guys have a moral obligation. Football is not some R-rated movie where you can moderate the age of spectators and fans. There are hundreds of thousands of kids watching their 'heroes' every sunday putting up their best performance on the field, in front of thousands of fans at the stadium, and in front of an even bigger crowd on TV. Do you really want your kids to look up to a guy like Hernandez and say "Wow, daddy.... I want to be Aaron Hernandez one day".... now, surely for him, if he's young enough, AH is no more than a TE for the NEP. But for you (as well as him if he's old enough), as his parent and mentor, the guy is lawless thugs at the very least, and a murderer at worst.

I'm sorry, but no matter how good of a TE Hernandez is, at the end of the day, it's all just sports. Someone had lost his life here, execution style, and AH had something to do with it. When the whole thing first broke, I was thinking to myself "No way AH had anything to do with it. His (rented) car must have either been stolen from him, or borrowed for reasons which he had no clue about". But in the past couple of days, with the emergence of details surrounding his attempt to cover up some critical evidence (cleaning crew, surveillance system smashed, cell phone smashed, unwillingness to cooperate with the MSP, etc.), it doesn't take a genius to realize that he is implicated in this one way or another. I have a gut feeling that he is actually involved less than what we think, but is covering up for the murderer... and for this mere fact alone, I'm sorry, nor I, or my twins sons, will ever root for this scumbag again. In my personal book, he is not worthy of being a Patriot. I don't want my Patriots to be looked at, and thought of as the Ravens - a bunch of thugs and murderers.

The earlier they cut him, the better.

So long Aaron Hernandez. You truly fcked up this time around. :mad:

Thank you for being so forthcoming......I can respect your being open about this......there are many here who share your sentiments, but lack the balls to say it openly.

You can tell who they are just by the way the arguments go.

Maybe you can write up a plausible explanation for this series of events that completely exonerates him from suspicion:
- guy he knows and was with hours before is murdered 1 mile from his house
Being near someone hours before they are murdered is more often coincidence than guilt

- hires a cleaning crew
They may come every week, we do not know that.

- destroys home surveillance system
We dont know when it happened, how it happened and if it was even him that did it.

- destroys cellphone
Cellphones get broken every day, there are 100 plausible innocent explanaitons.

- apparently being sued for shooting a friend in the face recently
Has nothing to do with this incident and is dubious at best, given the real facts.

I'm just being honest with myself. I don't need to know something 100% to believe the aggregate of the evidence and form an opinion. I'm not a court of law and have my own litmus.

As long as you accept you are basing this on speculation and lack true facts to back up your guess, that is fine.

I'm waiting for the fog to clear before I take on a certain opinion. The media has been typically irresponsible in its reporting so far on this, so I'm waiting for more concrete information. It looks bad, though, and if he's found guilty, I don't know how the Pats could keep him, or would want to keep him. Personally, I think if he's guilty, I want him gone, but I'm in a state of denial in a way, finding it hard to believe that one of the feel-good stories on this team was just a pipe dream.

The comparisons to Dennard that I've seen are ridiculous on their face. Apples and oranges.

The more likely comparison will be donte stallworth......I don't believe there was intent.......I believe it is a massive screw up, but they are/were all adults and need to take responsibility for the end result.

One dead guy and 3 live ones.....any way the responsibility is divvied up puts AH on the sideline for 2013. Mere presence at such an incident will be grounds for Goodell to slap his arse down hard......I've taken a step back from judging AH....rather trying to think what Goodell is thinking.....he will not have this festering around this season

Being near someone hours before they are murdered is more often coincidence than guilt

They may come every week, we do not know that.

We dont know when it happened, how it happened and if it was even him that did it.

Cellphones get broken every day, there are 100 plausible innocent explanaitons.

Has nothing to do with this incident and is dubious at best, given the real facts.

As long as you accept you are basing this on speculation and lack true facts to back up your guess, that is fine.

Sounds like a prayer given you know no more than the next person........guilt by association is all Goodell needs.....he can damn someone based on speculation

Let me guess... you have no kids and are too young to understand what role-model is, and what these athletes are suppose to be (in addition to being... well... just athletes).
But they are just athletes.

These guys have a moral obligation
No more than you or I do. They are obligated to play football.

. Football is not some R-rated movie where you can moderate the age of spectators and fans. There are hundreds of thousands of kids watching their 'heroes' every sunday putting up their best performance on the field, in front of thousands of fans at the stadium, and in front of an even bigger crowd on TV. Do you really want your kids to look up to a guy like Hernandez and say "Wow, daddy.... I want to be Aaron Hernandez one day".... now, surely for him, if he's young enough, AH is no more than a TE for the NEP. But for you (as well as him if he's old enough), as his parent and mentor, the guy is lawless thugs at the very least, and a murderer at worst.
That is totally ridiculous. If a child looks up to a person who turns out to be a bad person, that is not what they emulate. Are you saying Hernandez fans will become murderers to be like him? Since virtually every walk of life has people in it who commit heinous crimes, we must now remove teachers, doctors, lawyers, nurses, politicians, clergy, and any other profession you can name from being role models?

Someone had lost his life here, execution style, and AH had something to do with it.
You do not know that.

When the whole thing first broke, I was thinking to myself "No way AH had anything to do with it. His (rented) car must have either been stolen from him, or borrowed for reasons which he had no clue about".
This is part of the problem. What basis would you claim to know whether he is capable of committing such a crime? You know nothing about him. He is as likely to be capable of murder as whatever percent of people are. Watching him play football does not give you insight into his character.

But in the past couple of days, with the emergence of details surrounding his attempt to cover up some critical evidence (cleaning crew, surveillance system smashed, cell phone smashed, unwillingness to cooperate with the MSP, etc.), it doesn't take a genius to realize that he is implicated in this one way or another.
Virtually none of this is confirmed,

I have a gut feeling that he is actually involved less than what we think, but is covering up for the murderer... and for this mere fact alone, I'm sorry, nor I, or my twins sons, will ever root for this scumbag again.
A very rash position. Will you be sorry if he turns out to be innocent and you must stick by your judgment of him to be a scumbag?

In my personal book, he is not worthy of being a Patriot.
Its not up to a vote, its up to Kraft and BB.

I don't want my Patriots to be looked at, and thought of as the Ravens - a bunch of thugs and murderers.
They are what they are, and some are thugs and some are scum.
Root for the laundry.

The earlier they cut him, the better.

So long Aaron Hernandez. You truly fcked up this time around. :mad:

I will wait to know the facts.

An honest question though. Since YOU are supposed to be your sons' role model, how do you feel about the example you set of calling him guilty without knowing the facts?
How would you feel if they read this post of yours particularly the part about your fear that they will role model Hernandez and not you?

Re: A Patriots fan, not an Aaron Hernandez fan

Im a little put off my those who say as Patriots fans we need to stay loyal to this guy. I think thats crap. My allegience and loyalty is not for any one player its to the team. Its pretty clear, at the very least, Hernandez is a punk who obstructed justice, and at most, is a murderer. Yes, he is innocent until proven guilty, but even if he "only" obstructed justice, just by what we know about him, to have him in that locker room, to ever see him in that uniform, would make me sick. I am a fan of the New England Patriots. To that end, the sooner this scumbag is cut the better.

He hasn't been convicted of anything.

chill-pill_cover-alt.jpg

wait...but are you a Patriot fan, Lifer?...seems to be some questions about that from time to time..(the archive can be a cruel mistress sometimes...)

Sounds like a prayer given you know no more than the next person........guilt by association is all Goodell needs.....he can damn someone based on speculation

I'm pointing out that we don't know the facts.
I'm pointing out that your claim that if he did nothing wrong Goodell can reasonably punish him is wrong.

The more likely comparison will be donte stallworth......I don't believe there was intent.......I believe it is a massive screw up, but they are/were all adults and need to take responsibility for the end result.
Getting behind the wheel under the influence IS intent.

One dead guy and 3 live ones.....any way the responsibility is divvied up puts AH on the sideline for 2013
That is just wrong.

. Mere presence at such an incident will be grounds for Goodell to slap his arse down hard......I've taken a step back from judging AH....rather trying to think what Goodell is thinking.....he will not have this festering around this season
If hernandez is found guilty of something, whether in court, or my admission, Goodell will probably slam him. But that has not happened yet, and there are many scenarios possible that would mean no suspension.
Since we don't know the facts, its impossible to say what those odds are.

I'm pointing out that we don't know the facts.
I'm pointing out that your claim that if he did nothing wrong Goodell can reasonably punish him is wrong.

Not true........Goodell can suspend him for not cooperating with the police.....Goodell can do what he wants.......The NFL is a private corporation with anti-trust exemption.....he's got the backing of the owners which pretty much unanimous. You greatly underestimate his leverage in this instance.

That is just wrong.

If hernandez is found guilty of something, whether in court, or my admission, Goodell will probably slam him. But that has not happened yet, and there are many scenarios possible that would mean no suspension.

You really do sound like you're praying and hoping.....I get that....you are supposing that AH wasn't there or possibly staring at the sky with earplugs and doesn't know a thing......Goodell can use that against him

On another note, I am wondering how many times the cops can rip into his house without charging him with anything......from the police side, I see them making a complete mess out of this which could be AH's best hope.

That is just wrong.

BTW........Goodell slammed Vick the moment he was charged.........for dogs

wait...but are you a Patriot fan, Lifer?...seems to be some questions about that from time to time..(the archive can be a cruel mistress sometimes...)

Based on what? When have i ever rooted against the Patriots? "There seems to be questions about that...." Post the archives you found, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots