OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Your prediction for the outcome and your personal wishes on this mess:

• He will get probation and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • He will get probation and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 35 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true........Goodell can suspend him for not cooperating with the police.....Goodell can do what he wants.......The NFL is a private corporation with anti-trust exemption.....he's got the backing of the owners which pretty much unanimous. You greatly underestimate his leverage in this instance.

Not cooperating with the police is an offense.
The NFLPA will not allow him to suspend a player for being in the vicinity of an issue, but being totally innocent. That was our discussion. You don't understand he must follow rules.

You really do sound like you're praying and hoping.....I get that....you are supposing that AH wasn't there or possibly staring at the sky with earplugs and doesn't know a thing......Goodell can use that against him
I am doing nothing of the sort. I am responding to what will happen IF HE IS INNOCENT, which is the qualification YOU made.

Re: A Patriots fan, not an Aaron Hernandez fan

I'm both. Even if he was proven guilty, I'd still be fan. That doesn't mean I'd ignore what he did, or say he can do no wrong, though.

In a more severe case, unrelated to football, I was a huge Chris Benoit fan. Even after he murdered his wife and son, I still appreciated how he wrestled in the ring, and I'm still a fan. But what he did was truly, truly evil.

Being near someone hours before they are murdered is more often coincidence than guilt

They may come every week, we do not know that.

We dont know when it happened, how it happened and if it was even him that did it.

Cellphones get broken every day, there are 100 plausible innocent explanaitons.

Has nothing to do with this incident and is dubious at best, given the real facts.

As long as you accept you are basing this on speculation and lack true facts to back up your guess, that is fine.

You sound like a defense lawyer, not a human being. Try not to embarrass yourself.

He will probably serve jail time. I don't know if the team can cut him without a huge salary cap hit.

They are also role model, but virtue of being pro-atheles. They are practically celebrities. And since we're talking about sports here, these are guys that kids watch and look up to, as well.
They do not choose to or need to be role models.

Correct, but by virtue of them being pro-athletes they are suppose to lead by example, since they are being exposed to the public (and young children). It comes with the territory. Every move they make will be scrutinized.
What role are you modelling? If you think character, integrirty and personal responsibility is role modelled by catching a football, we are on 2 different pages, probably in 2 different books.

The moment AH started covering up for the murderer (of himself if he turns to be the one), he stopped being a role model in my family. The same holds true for every other person (be it a celebrity, a pro-athlete, or any joe schmoe off the street). When you turn into a criminal, or otherwise, help cover up the work of a criminal, you are no longer a role model. Unlike you, I do give a rat's ***** if AH continues to play football after this saga is over, especially if he ends up back with the Patriots (which I'll bet my balls on that it won't happen). Funny how everyone here likes to bash on RL, but AH is some angel... :rolleyes:
Why would they have been a role model in your house to begin with?
Pro football has a ridiculously high level of criminals.
Teach your kids to enjoy their play and find people of measurable integrity for role models.

AH is COVERING AND HIDING INFORMATION, hence I DO KNOW that he had something to do with it. And even if he had nothing to do with it directly, but rather just trying to be a 'good friend' to the murderer by covering up tracks, then he is still involved by virtue of obstruction of justice. That MAKES him involved.
He has not been charged. You do not know the facts. I do not either, but we are kidding ourselves if we make them up and draw conclusions.

Of course I know nothing about AH on a personal level. That's why I was *THINKING* and *THEORIZING* that he couldn't have possibly been involved. I guess I gave him the benefit of the doubt, figuring that now in pro-football, and adult-life, playing on my team, he has left his college habits in the past. Not to mentioned, he didn't have any past murder charges in his background, so I had no reason to believe otherwise.
Thats the point though. You have zero knowledge of his character. We know he failed a drug test, didn't that take him off the role model list or at least put him on watch?

Really? REALLY??? :rolleyes:
Yes, really.

I guess the official statement from the MSP are just made up by the authorities...
They have not charged him. They have not accused him.

Who are you anyways? if I didn't know any better (which I don't), I'd guess you are Aaron Hernandez himself, trying to clear up his own name in cyberspace... None has been confirmed?!?!? Is that the reason why a warrant with charges for obstruction of justice has been written/issued?

This is exactly the point. I am not jumping to a conclusion. For all i know he is a visciouos vengeful murdering scum.
But nothing has been confirmed and there is no warrant for his arrest issued, another unconfirmed rumor.

The moment he hired a cleaning crew to scrub his place,
So he is guilty of having a maid?

destroyed his surveillance system, and his cell phone,
We don't know he did that.

he's not innocent anymore.
Actually that is his current status.

He may not be the murderer
And he may be.

but he is still guilty of obstruction of justice in connection with a capital crime.
No he is not, in fact, he hasn't even been charged. Lets go straight from a media report he may be charged to conviction. LEts hang him too and save the trouble of a trial.

Therefore, no, he will never be innocent in my books.
What if the facts exonerate him?

Just a thug (at the very least), or a murderer (at the very worst).
Perhaps, but I'll wait to know the story before judging.

And no, I won't be sorry. Thank you very much.
If you really mean you will wish ill on him even if the facts prove he did nothing wrong, I see why you are looking to strangers for role models for your children.
You cannot be serious.

Breaking new genius: In my books, I VOTE!

As for Kraft and BB.... heh... just wait and see how they vote... :rolleyes:

You don't vote for how the Patriots handle personell decisions.

Sorry, pro-sports for me and vast majority is something more than some crime-filled entertainment. If you want to watch a sport where criminals are involved, go visit your local state prison.

You need to learn more about the NFL.

Too late... he's been covering for a murder.... that's plenty enough.
Again, poor role modelling by you to convict a man without proof facts or all sides of the story. If this ultimately turns out that way, you were just as wrong as if he walks free, because you are guessing without facts and trashing the guy. That is not role model level character.

You sound like a defense lawyer, not a human being. Try not to embarrass yourself.

I'm sorry that it offends you that i point out your lack of facts. I guess you find it human to judge a man without facts, and scummy to wait and learn them. To each his own.

He will probably serve jail time. I don't know if the team can cut him without a huge salary cap hit.

They can get the money back under the morals clause in his contract. The only way they are screwed is if he is never charged and they cut him.

I'd also like to point out that this was in DIRECT RESPONSE for you asking for a PLAUSIBLE POSSIBLE SCENARIO where he is not guilty.
I will take you ********* response to mean you realize you were wrong to suggest their wasnt one.

LOL.... I guess a whole CREW that was instructed to quote-on-quote 'SCRUB' the place, is part of the weekly cleaning gig... especially in the late evening hours.

And it's YOU'RE not your.... fix your grammar before you attempt to argue with someone intelligently, will you? :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

I think its pretty comical that anyone would want Aaron Hernandez as a role model for their kids....regardless of this or any other incident. AH a role model? Do people realize what a role model is? Its someone for your kids to emulate.

Yeah kids, go out and get tats all over your body. I think parents should probably be role models for their own kids, unless, as Andy Johnson pointed out there is a reason to go outside, which there could be lol.

Wow!

Also, I love how AH is "guilty" of things he has not been charged with. Obstruction of Justice? Where are the charges? I am not saying he wont be charged or if he is innocent but we dont know yet.

Again, here is seems is another situation where the whiners on this forum are angry about AH and the future of their football team. So instead of doing what most normal adults would do which is wait for some facts, its better to cry and whine how guilty AH is. Of course now these posters are going to want AH TO be 100% guilty in order to do the old "I told you so"

AH a role model? Do people realize what a role model is? Its someone for your kids to emulate.

Yeah kids, go out and get tats all over your body.

Tattoos seem to be the norm nowadays. In fact, I hear it's becomin much harder to find someone who DOESN'T have tats now.

I'd also like to point out that this was in DIRECT RESPONSE for you asking for a PLAUSIBLE POSSIBLE SCENARIO where he is not guilty.

You didn't post 'a scenario'. You replied to each point in a vacuum.

Alone, they're anything but incriminating.

This is where the term 'aggregate' comes in. You offered no reasoning for a scenario, just possible mediocre explanations for each point separately. I'm currently operating under the assumption that you may not understand this concept.

I'm sorry that it offends you that i point out your lack of facts. I guess you find it human to judge a man without facts, and scummy to wait and learn them. To each his own.

In the unlikely event that I'm wrong, I'll happily admit it. I enjoyed having AHern on the team and watching him play.

On the other hand, I'm not blind or stupid, so...

You keep making this same ridiculous, and already disproved, statement. It's not true, as the Saints case has already demonstrated quite clearly, and you repeating it time and again is not going to make it true.

Say that to Sean Peyton because he would tell you otherwise.

You keep making this same ridiculous, and already disproved, statement. It's not true, as the Saints case has already demonstrated quite clearly, and you repeating it time and again is not going to make it true.

Umm......care to elaborate?

There are many more instances of him doing exactly what I said.

A player is different than a team

That is not correct.

Ok....let me rephrase.....Vick was barred from the Falcons facility pending the outcome of his indictment.....he was then suspended

The reality remains that Goodell call the shot on the Personal conduct Policy........which is not the basis of the Saints situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST