Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Your prediction for the outcome and your personal wishes on this mess:

• He will get probation and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • He will get probation and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 35 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you keep saying the wrong thing, it doesnt become right.
You and I are discussing discipline IF HE DID NOTHING.
None of my comments to you have anything to do with whether he did something or not, just the consequences if he did not.

And the consequence if he did........something is much more likely than nothing.....but keep praying for the nothing.....

You'd cheer for rapists as long as they don't get found guilty

So they are rapists but they are not guilty? Like we know they did it but got off kinda thing?

You didn't post 'a scenario'. You replied to each point in a vacuum.
No I explained how each and every detail could fit EXACTLY what you asked which was:

Maybe you can write up a plausible explanation for this series of events that completely exonerates him from suspicion:

Alone, they're anything but incriminating.
By definition, a plausible explanation is that none of the events are incriminating.

This is where the term 'aggregate' comes in.
You didnt use that term, and if all are explainable, then you have answered for yourself.

You offered no reasoning for a scenario, just possible mediocre explanations for each point separately
Wrong yet again. The fact that each is somewhat dubious IS the reasoning.
Again, you asked for any plausible explanation, not even one that is likely. Maybe you should look up the big words before you type them.

I'm currently operating under the assumption that you may not understand this concept.
There is no concept to not understand. You asked for a plausible explanation, which is exactly what you should be asking for because my entire argument is that people are jumping to conclusion, and the prudent thing to do is not rush to judgment because we don't have the facts.
I am now operating under the assumption that you think if you list a number of questions you do not know the answer to that is enough to convince you of what happened.

In the unlikely event that I'm wrong, I'll happily admit it. I enjoyed having AHern on the team and watching him play.
Since the point of the discussion is that we do not know the facts and it is too early to draw a conclusion, you are already wrong.
If you happen to turn out to be right (or wrong) its just dumb luck because you don't know the facts.
What number am I thinking of? If you guess right, are you touting your knowledge?

On the other hand, I'm not blind or stupid, so...

In fact you are on this point.

And the consequence if he did........something is much more likely than nothing.....but keep praying for the nothing.....

This discussion was not about the consequences if he did.
It was about your claim that he would be suspended if he is 100% innocent.

Its funny that you try to deflect that by moving the goal posts.
I have made not a single comment to you about whether or not he is guilty.

Making that up just shows you know you are wrong.
Your final comment is moronic, insensitive and juvenile.

To recap.
You said he will get suspended if he did nothing.
I said if he did nothing he will not get suspended. I made no comment about his guilt or innocence.
You twisted that to dismissing my comments directed at the consequences of him being innocent to me hoping he is innocent.

You fail.

Keep praying........you'd cheer for a bunch of rapists

In other words, "you are right Andy, so instead of admitting it I will make up something that you never said, attribute it to you and repeat it 50 times, even though you never said it."

He's allowed to have whatever opinion he wants about Aaron's guilt. "Innocent until proven guilty" only applies to the courts.

But I'm also allowed to have the opinion that it's premature to assume anything until facts and not 'reports' start coming to light.

There is a difference between the right to have an opinion and arguing your opinion as iron clad when you do not know the facts.
Yes, everyone has a right to an opinion, and everyone has a right to disagree.
No one has a right to not have their opinion critiqued.

The poll needs to be more specific. It asks for "Your prediction for the outcome and your personal wishes on this mess:"

Well do you want my prediction or my personal wishes? Because I assure you those 2 answers are quite different.

Well I only saw 3 possible legal outcomes - Guilty and jail time, guilty and probation or not guilty and then only 2 possible football outcomes - he is on the pats or not. Hence 6 options.

I could have gotten more granular but this wasn't supposed to be an exhaustive poll covering all possibilities and twists and turns.

Hernandez is done as a Pat and I've come to accept that. Law enforcement, the NFL, and the Pats organization are carefully collecting information and biding their time to bring an almost impenetrable case forward, for whatever charge it may be. The actions from all three arms will come quickly in domino-style, is my guess.

Hernandez is done as a Pat and I've come to accept that. Law enforcement, the NFL, and the Pats organization are carefully collecting information and biding their time to bring an almost impenetrable case forward, for whatever charge it may be. The actions from all three arms will come quickly in domino-style, is my guess.

Julian Edelman was charged with sexual assault, for God's sake—the same thing that got Christian Peter canned before he even signed a contract with the Pats—and the Patriots did not rush to judgment there.

And remember that the Patriots DO have a lot invested in Hernandez financially, which, for better or worse, gives them millions of reasons not to take hasty action.

This discussion was not about the consequences if he did.
It was about your claim that he would be suspended if he is 100% innocent.

Its funny that you try to deflect that by moving the goal posts.
I have made not a single comment to you about whether or not he is guilty.

Making that up just shows you know you are wrong.
Your final comment is moronic, insensitive and juvenile.

To recap.
You said he will get suspended if he did nothing.
I said if he did nothing he will not get suspended. I made no comment about his guilt or innocence.
You twisted that to dismissing my comments directed at the consequences of him being innocent to me hoping he is innocent.

You fail.

Show me where I said he would be suspended if 100% innocent, fool

Criminals are your heroes as long as they're found not guilty

Keep praying

In other words, "you are right Andy, so instead of admitting it I will make up something that you never said, attribute it to you and repeat it 50 times, even though you never said it."

If that's what you think, you've got the stupidest comprehension on this board

Rapists.......

Julian Edelman was charged with sexual assault, for God's sake—the same thing that got Christian Peter canned before he even signed a contract with the Pats—and the Patriots did not rush to judgment there.

And remember that the Patriots DO have a lot invested in Hernandez financially, which, for better or worse, gives them millions of reasons not to take hasty action.

A little different than having a corpse as an end result, dontcha think?

There is a difference between the right to have an opinion and arguing your opinion as iron clad when you do not know the facts.
Yes, everyone has a right to an opinion, and everyone has a right to disagree.
No one has a right to not have their opinion critiqued.

Iron clad? Really?

Rapists........

Show me where I said he would be suspended if 100% innocent, fool

Criminals are your heroes as long as they're found not guilty

Keep praying

No problem, here you go. One example in a thread full of it.

He is toast.......regardless of outcome.......guilt by association in something like this is more than sufficient cause......say goodbye to him...his simply being there is sufficient damnation

Your turn, show me anywhere that I even mentioned rapists or made any comment in support of criminals.

I love how people rush to an emotional judgement and try to bolster it by using something as emotionally charged as rapist as an example.

It's like "think of the children"

Your turn, show me anywhere that I even mentioned rapists or made any comment in support of criminals.

Choosing rapist was arbitrary......it is obvious that in the name of improving your teams chances, you are perfectly willing to turn a blind eye to the person or the things they have done.........you brought up 100% innocent......obviously, it is too late for that now......except for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft