PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question to Charger fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trash talking is good for the GAME. It builds the rivalry, makes it more fun. As far as what 10 different analysts said, WHO CARES?!! They never form their own opinion. They basically just repeat whatever they hear. Guys like Jaworski and Simms have said they don't have any problem with what Rivers says.

I mean seriously, do you care what Merril Hoge or Sean King think?

So what your saying is the fan base does not care if their team acts like punks.That would make sense after reading the crap on your forum.
Not too long ago Charger fans had bags over their heads trashing the team.
They go on a 8 game winning streak with only 2 of the teams with winning records and now they are all back on the wagon..I get it

No I don't think they're punks at all. I think they go out there and have a good time playing a game.

He didn't make it front and center really... the media did. He spoke out of frustration, anger, whatever and he later regretted. I can guarantee you it wasn't his intention to make it a front & center topic.

But this goes back to my other point... this stuff is OLD... this incident from last year. It's all being re-hashed because they need to write and talk about something before Sunday.

Stuff like this, i.e. the thoughtless comment from LT that you mentioned, have been going on in sports (not just football) since time began. Like Phil Simms said this week, "Thank God there weren't cameras around when I played. I said a lot worse stuff." This is from another HOF player and a NYG hero.

Phil Simms is right he his is smart enough to know not to do it in front of the cameras,maybe someone shoud tell the chargers to do the same.
If everyone does it why dont the Patriots do it ? and what gets me LT has the balls to say the Pats have no class.

Your missing the point it hurts your teams image dont you understand that.

and what gets me LT has the balls to say the Pats have no class.

************, he said that a year ago. After a huge emotional loss. He even apologized to BB later. What an atrocious human being!

The Chargers image is that of a team having fun playing the game they love. They haven't started high fiving the refs yet though, or been able to throw snowballs.

Last edited:
No I don't think they're punks at all. I think they go out there and have a good time playing a game.

The real funny part of this? Our team has gotten a seriously bad rap because of an overblown camera fiasco. It kills us fans. We hate that they are seen in a bad light because the team has always done the right thing.

Your team is getting a bad rep because they act like children and nobody cares. It's bizarre.

The interesting thing about Chargers vs. Patriots is that they reflect two completely different philosophies in team-building.

The Chargers are generally a young team, built around and led by gifted athletes. The Patriots are a somewhat older team, built around and led by proven, seasoned veterans. One need look no further than Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison to see the difference between the teams -- the Patriots were looking to acquire exactly what the Chargers were looking to get rid of.

The Patriots veteran leadership keeps it close to the vest and inside the locker room. The Chargers athletic leadership wears their hearts on their sleeves and puts it all out on the field. Neither one is particularly better or worse than the other one.

This game boils down to savvy vets vs. explosive youth, and will probably be decided by whether the Patriots have enough explosiveness to complement their savvy, or the Chargers have enough savvy to complement their explosiveness. For the Pats, it's going to have to come from Moss/Stallworth/Maroney/Adalius/Sanders(?), for the Chargers it's going to have to come from LT/Rivers/Merriman/Williams (it sure ain't coming from McCree!)

My personal opinion is that the Patriot's explosiveness is greater than the Charger's savvy -- mostly based on my impressions of Rivers and LT.

Last edited:
The real funny part of this? Our team has gotten a seriously bad rap because of an overblown camera fiasco. It kills us fans. We hate that they are seen in a bad light because the team has always done the right thing.

Your team is getting a bad rep because they act like children and nobody cares. It's bizarre.

They act like children while playing a game of football? What in the world are they thinking??!!!

They act like children while playing a game of football? What in the world are they thinking??!!!

Let me ask you this. Say the game is very close. One of them has one of their little "outburts" and gets flagged. 15 yds. You're out of field goal range. Game over. You lose. How do you feel about the childish behavior now? I can tell you I was PISSED at Rodney last week. You have a team full of them.

Let me ask you this. Say the game is very close. One of them has one of their little "outburts" and gets flagged. 15 yds. You're out of field goal range. Game over. You lose. How do you feel about the childish behavior now? I can tell you I was PISSED at Rodney last week. You have a team full of them.

I'd be completely pissed. I can't recal the last penalty they got for taunting/unsportsman like conduct though.

I'd be completely pissed. I can't recal the last penalty they got for taunting/unsportsman like conduct though.

I'm not saying taunting. I'm saying late hit or something like that. they seem undisciplined. I believe one of these same penalties bit you in the but in the game last year.

I'm not saying taunting. I'm saying late hit or something like that. they seem undisciplined. I believe one of these same penalties bit you in the but in the game last year.

Yeah, Drayton Florence made a bonehead move. For the record, I've watched every play of every game this year, and they don't seem undisciplined to me.

yeah, I think the pats got, like, 3 of those against jax.

No kidding, ever since Rivers started yapping more, he's been playing magnificiently. Don't worry a new story will come along and take it's place.

Ellis Hobbs said when he stopped acting co-cky, his game suffered. So he went back to taunting, bragging, and trash talking. He left that false humility to someone else.

I've seen our players taunt the fans plenty of times.

Rodney Harrison has a doctorate in trash talking.

I hate how I can decide to dislike Rivers for trash talking and then open my eyes to it close to home. Now I have to find something else I don't like about the punk since this issue would make me a hypocrite. Any suggestions Bolts fans? You know the punk better than I.

This pisses me off. Sunday can't get here soon enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back