PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**Program alert** Jets vs Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think so!!I dont wanna watch that damn debacle again!Left a sour taste :mad:,hope BB makes them play next game a half just to get some rhythm.

Doesnt matter, they got stops.!Their CBs play more man and are more aggresive, thats something i wish our CBs would be!I am confident in our team but the jury is still out on the defense, especially when it comes to coverage.

Now you're confusing playing style with overall impact. The Patriots were 8th in points allowed (313), while the Jets were 6th (304), and the Patriots personnel was worse last year than it should be this year. The "aggressive" defense you want would have gotten the Patriots defense lit up like a bonfire last year, because they didn't have the coverage DBs to play it successfully.

Be careful with those stats.Stats dont tell the whole story.The bottom line last year was that they gave up a ton of yards.Couldnt stop 3rd downs!!They got some key turnovers but the defense was not good.

Be careful with those stats.Stats dont tell the whole story.The bottom line last year was that they gave up a ton of yards.Couldnt stop 3rd downs!!They got some key turnovers but the defense was not good.

Stats don't tell the story, but you're complaining about the yardage allowed STAT and the 3rd down STAT. :bricks:

Again, the defensive personnel was bad last year, and the scheme was still good enough to get that defense to #8 in points against.

8th in the league,thats nice but tell me if u thought they where 8th in the league on the field?

8th in the league,thats nice but tell me if u thought they where 8th in the league on the field?

No. As I said repeatedly last year (and I was attacked repeatedly for saying it), the defense was nowhere near as good as its ranking made it seem. The coaches were able to put a scheme in place which helped to cover the team's weaknesses.

That's why the team went out and all but cornered the market on defensive linemen. Now, the team seems to be much stronger on the D-line and better at corner. Questions seem to center around safety depth and the OLBs. That's a better situation than last year. Time will tell us whether it seems that enough was done to make the defense a better overall defense than the Jets defense. We certainly can't answer that after week 3 of the exhibition season.

Last edited:
It's exhibition season. We don't know which defense is better as a whole. The Patriots clearly have the better D-linemen, and the better safety pair. The Jets have the better CBs and an advantage at LB (Mayo is the best of either group, but the Jets have the better players past that). How they shake out in total will be determined when the games count.

Just a question..why take the time to type Exhibtion season, when you can say preseason?

I hope ur right.I will take a wait and see approach.Preseason means nothing.I will based the defense on the bigger games.I wont count week 1 against the dolphins.Week 2 against the chargers will be a test for this defense.

Will the pats not win because of all the fighting in the lions game? I know no one was dq'ed but still there was quite a bit of it in that game too.

Not near as much as this game..not even close really.

Woot! Jets win the Snooper Bowl!

snoopy-joe-cool-sml-trophy_normal.jpg
[/IMG]

Green Beans 9-7.
Giants 7-9.

Just a question..why take the time to type Exhibtion season, when you can say preseason?

Because they are exhibition games, and I'm not buying into the NFL's attempt to change people's thoughts on the games by relabeling them. I don't preach on it, but I do the same with political correctness, and with other word changes (used v. pre owned cars, etc... ), too.

Because they are exhibition games, and I'm not buying into the NFL's attempt to change people's thoughts on the games by relabeling them. I don't preach on it, but I do the same with political correctness, and with other word changes (used v. pre owned cars, etc... ), too.

Good enough answer for me..like I said, just wondering.

rexryansnoopybowl2.jpg

I want a T Shirt!

I bet they cut Plax because he didnt have any catches this game, to send a message to the locker room.

rexryansnoopybowl2.jpg

I want a T Shirt!

He should put it in the trophy case. That old Super Bowl trophy from 42 years ago (before they named it the Lombardi Trophy) probably is all rusted and fallen apart by now.

Guys, you don't get it. Unlike the Pats who tried on both sides of the ball, but were beaten by a far superior opponent; the Jets went into the game with a really vanilla offensive gameplan. Granted the Jets go into every game with a really vanilla offensive gameplan. That is all Schottenheimer can call.

In all seriousness, it is only a preseason game just like the Pats' game was, but I have yet to see any progression from Sanchez. He might turn it on in the regular season, but I still see the same wildly inconsistent QB he has been the first two years.

Over on JI, they were crowing that they heard on WEEI that Pats fans are afraid that Sanchez will complete over 60% of his passes this season and that will make the Jets far better than the Pats. I know it is preseason, but from what I have seen so far Pats fans have nothing to worry about in that respect.

Guys, you don't get it. Unlike the Pats who tried on both sides of the ball, but were beaten by a far superior opponent; the Jets went into the game with a really vanilla offensive gameplan. Granted the Jets go into every game with a really vanilla offensive gameplan. That is all Schottenheimer can call.

In all seriousness, it is only a preseason game just like the Pats' game was, but I have yet to see any progression from Sanchez. He might turn it on in the regular season, but I still see the same wildly inconsistent QB he has been the first two years.

Over on JI, they were crowing that they heard on WEEI that Pats fans are afraid that Sanchez will complete over 60% of his passes this season and that will make the Jets far better than the Pats. I know it is preseason, but from what I have seen so far Pats fans have nothing to worry about in that respect.
I'm wondering when defensive coordinators are going to game plan the Jets by shutting down their only passing option - Sanchez to Holmes slant over the middle. That's all he runs.

I want to see Noodle Arm MKII forced to throw the ball into coverage not easy slants and check downs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes