PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**Program alert** Jets vs Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
rexryansnoopybowl2.jpg

I want a T Shirt!

Wait until he finds out the trophy is full of chocolate :D

Guys, you don't get it. Unlike the Pats who tried on both sides of the ball, but were beaten by a far superior opponent; the Jets went into the game with a really vanilla offensive gameplan. Granted the Jets go into every game with a really vanilla offensive gameplan. That is all Schottenheimer can call.

In all seriousness, it is only a preseason game just like the Pats' game was, but I have yet to see any progression from Sanchez. He might turn it on in the regular season, but I still see the same wildly inconsistent QB he has been the first two years.

Over on JI, they were crowing that they heard on WEEI that Pats fans are afraid that Sanchez will complete over 60% of his passes this season and that will make the Jets far better than the Pats. I know it is preseason, but from what I have seen so far Pats fans have nothing to worry about in that respect.

You ought to put a self-imposed limit on the time you spend at JI. It's not healthy subjecting oneself to unrelenting abuse from neanderthals and special needs students. I can only take their vitriol in strictly measured doses. Otherwise it's all too easy to lose faith in the human race.

Last edited:
I can't believe I am saying this but I rooted for the Jets. I have brought shame upon the whole Patriots fan base :( It's just I hate the Giants more.

Guys, you don't get it. Unlike the Pats who tried on both sides of the ball, but were beaten by a far superior opponent; the Jets went into the game with a really vanilla offensive gameplan. Granted the Jets go into every game with a really vanilla offensive gameplan. That is all Schottenheimer can call.

In all seriousness, it is only a preseason game just like the Pats' game was, but I have yet to see any progression from Sanchez. He might turn it on in the regular season, but I still see the same wildly inconsistent QB he has been the first two years.

Over on JI, they were crowing that they heard on WEEI that Pats fans are afraid that Sanchez will complete over 60% of his passes this season and that will make the Jets far better than the Pats. I know it is preseason, but from what I have seen so far Pats fans have nothing to worry about in that respect.

I really think most Pat fans get fooled by Sanchez. You guys watch a few plays in a pre-season game, and then cherry pick a few bad games in the regular season and you guys think he sucks. We all like to remember the 45-3 game, but forget Sanchez outplayed Brady in 2 out of 3 games last year.

In some ways he reminds of Steve McNair. McNair would suck for 3 qtrs, but he would turn into an animal in the 4th Qtr and will his team to win.

Yeah Sanchez looks awful at times, but you can't let that fool you, because the guy knows how to win and win big games, and that concerns me as a Pat fan.

It was nice to see that at least one officiating crew knows what the rule is for throwing punches.

I really think most Pat fans get fooled by Sanchez. You guys watch a few plays in a pre-season game, and then cherry pick a few bad games in the regular season and you guys think he sucks. We all like to remember the 45-3 game, but forget Sanchez outplayed Brady in 2 out of 3 games last year.

In some ways he reminds of Steve McNair. McNair would suck for 3 qtrs, but he would turn into an animal in the 4th Qtr and will his team to win.

Yeah Sanchez looks awful at times, but you can't let that fool you, because the guy knows how to win and win big games, and that concerns me as a Pat fan.

No, we're not fooled by Sanchez. Sanchez has been a lousy QB to this point in his NFL career. He's not Steve McNair, he's Eli Manning, only not as good.

Patriots loss better than Jets win. We have better team in every way. Jets are classless. :)

You guys started a thread about a jet pre season game. Nuff said. Now garbage time is over for both of us. Let's enjoy the upcoming season,:rocker:

You guys started a thread about a jet pre season game. Nuff said.

Before you consider this anything significant, I'll point out that we have a thread for EVERY Monday night game, regardless of who is playing.

... as in tune as sanchez-mason week 1 & sanchez-plax week 2 looked they looked just as out of sync yesterday ... they showed the growing pains that i was hoping would not happen ... it will be a work in progress at the beginning of the season ... upside is higher than last season's wr core still ...

... was happy to see green get in there and pound the rock a bit ... missed that 1st pass in the flat but otherwise played steady & solid as we'd like to see from him all season ...

... #1 o-line playing together had some shakiness but was going up against one of the top d-lines ... while still not pretty was a step in the right direction from the 1st 2 games ...

... defensive front 7 still didn't generate any non-scheme related pressure ... this needs to improve ...

... couple good stops by the d but they did let manning & the giants rb's move the ball around too easily before getting turnovers ... it has been nice as a jets fan to see the amount of turnovers the d has been able to generate this preseason ... also love seeing leonard back there running the show at safety again ...

... final score is not important ... jets looked less bad than the giants but did not look good ... offense in particular needs to come together and play as 1 unit much better sept. 11 against dallas ...

l_j_r

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes