PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pretty Good Scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pretty Poopy Scoop

After these many weeks of HBM posts, may I suggest that you all join me in placing him in the ignore category so that we remove the temptation of responding to his remarks? Its like having a conversation with a 10yr old. Perhaps if we stop responding, he'll go back to his room and play with his own friends!

After these many weeks of HBM posts, may I suggest that you all join me in placing him in the ignore category so that we remove the temptation of responding to his remarks? Its like having a conversation with a 10yr old. Perhaps if we stop responding, he'll go back to his room and play with his own friends!

GREAT idea...how do we do that?

For those not familiar, to add He Ban Me to your ignore list, click on your User CP at top of page and go to buddy/ignore list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, the article hadn't been posted yet, just thought you might be interested in another take. Just because I am expressing an opinion doesn't make me a bad guy, or wrong.

Dude, it's not destroying evidence, it's called cleaning the carpet.

Look, if your teenage son spills grape juice on the rug after you told him not to run with his juice in the living room, what do you do? I'd think you'd punish him, or yell at him, and then you'd clean the carpet. You wouldn't fence it off with kiddie gates, or put glass over it, to keep it around as "evidence" of what he'd done, to rub his nose in it from time to time, and to show friends and guests when they come over for a drink--"Look what our son did, we can't trust him anymore...".

The actions of the NFL are suggesting "We know what happened, it was bad but it's been taken care of, let's move on and avoid any more mistakes in the future."

Good analogy........ Similarly, you could also use a grown up example most of us can understand too (in case the slow still don't get it).

Let's say that while self-preparing your taxes, you come across a deduction that perhaps you think (however marginally), that you could take and it allows you to deduct and extra grand, saving you a $300 bucks of your tax bill.

let say a year or two down the line, you get audited and the big bad IRS guy comes in a when he gets to that particular deduction, he focus's on it and the conversation go like this, paraphrased in normal-speak. (parenthesis are direct coronations)

-----------

IRS - Dude, what's this sh!t right here, why did you deduct $1000 dollars in strip club receipts under housing allowance. (NFL getting the tape from the Jets)

YOU - Oh, well those were nights the old lady booted me out of the house and I had to go someplace else for shelter and sustenance. Why, is that a problem? (BB's BS excuse)

IRS - Are you nuts? Of course you can't deduct that stuff, and you ought to know better (Goodell's finding them at fault).

YOU - Oh sorry, I thought I could, but I guess not, huh :rolleyes: (lack of a public response from Kraft)

IRS - Well, you can't. We're gonna fine you $5000 and charge you a whole crapload more in interest because of it. (Goodell's punishment handed down).

YOU - {gulp.....}

IRS - Oh yeah, we're tacking on the initial $300 bucks of the money you never sent us and should have never been able to keep in the first place (Give us the other tapes you have)

YOU: Okay, I'm not going to prison though, right.............. (here's the tapes, and the cash)

IRS: Naw, pay your fine and the $300 you shouldn't have and we're square. Though, I'd expect a few more audits down the road and if we find any more BS, we're not gonna be as nice as we are right now. (We're watching you so don't do it again).

CASE CLOSED

--------------

I'd add in this case the tapes themselves weren't that important, only the BB didn't get to keep them. They knew exactly what BB was trying to do and that he thought he could, as long as it wasn't for in game use. The above example is not at the level of TAX FRAUD (or direct cheating) and neither was BB's actions, but it's not something that they will allow you to get away with. Had they thought this was DIRECT CHEATING, they would have banished BB from the league (just as Tax Cheaters go to jail). This isn't that...... and never was.

I'm quite sure that BB/Kraft insisted that, given the leak of the initial tape, they insisted on the destruction of the tapes. In that they did not really matter to the NFL (only that BB not be allowed to keep them). They had no problem with it. If they thought the tapes were EVIDENCE, they'd never have gotten rid of them.

Take off the tin-foil hats and see the case for what it really is.

Last edited:
At least there are some out there that are as dumbfounded as I:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/070928

No, it's not dumbfounded, it's confused !!!!!

See, what you haven't figured out. Is that Bill admitted to taping prior games when he chatted with the Comish. Because he misunderstood the rule ( debatable ), he's been doing it for awhile. He was punished for not following the rule, period, not for taping the Jets. The Pats were ordered to turn over the tapes so they can't benefit from tapes obtained by breaking a league rule. That's it !!! There's no reason to call in the FBI to look over the tapes, Bill admitted to what was on the tapes. You people, this reporter and Easterbrook look like fools when you wave the alert flag in the air and the only ones jumping on your wagon are more fools and Pats haters. Your all a joke, Bill screwed up, he was punished, the teams still winning, and there's nothing the fools or haters can do about it. Your in the same league as that NY lawyer, I'd be surprised if you weren't one of those who thinks 9/11 was staged.

No, it's not dumbfounded, it's confused !!!!!

See, what you haven't figured out. Is that Bill admitted to taping prior games when he chatted with the Comish. Because he misunderstood the rule ( debatable ), he's been doing it for awhile. He was punished for not following the rule, period, not for taping the Jets. The Pats were ordered to turn over the tapes so they can't benefit from tapes obtained by breaking a league rule. That's it !!! There's no reason to call in the FBI to look over the tapes, Bill admitted to what was on the tapes. You people, this reporter and Easterbrook look like fools when you wave the alert flag in the air and the only ones jumping on your wagon are more fools and Pats haters. Your all a joke, Bill screwed up, he was punished, the teams still winning, and there's nothing the fools or haters can do about it. Your in the same league as that NY lawyer, I'd be surprised if you weren't one of those who thinks 9/11 was staged.

You're missing my point. And I resent the 9/11 remark. Uncalled for.

The issue really isn't the contents for me so much as the way in which it was swept under the rug. Destroying evidence is just odd to me, that's all.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :bricks:

You're missing my point. And I resent the 9/11 remark. Uncalled for.

OK, the 9/11 remark was overboard, I'm sorry.

Please don't provide links to stories beating tapegate to death and ask what we think. Honestly, thanks to some writers, defeated players and coaches, we've heard all the negative perspectives and I think we've had enough, thanks.

Originally Posted by He Ban Me
viewpost.gif
The issue really isn't the contents for me so much as the way in which it was swept under the rug. Destroying evidence is just odd to me, that's all.

This shows that my response didn't miss your point, it hits it on the head, hard :violent: Your just trying to create waves, I think I'll follow others advice and ignore you.

Please don't provide links to stories beating tapegate to death and ask what we think. Honestly, thanks to some writers, defeated players and coaches, we've heard all the negative perspectives and I think we've had enough, thanks.

If another one surfaces, I'll leave it alone. Thanks for the reply.

i disagree with this . i say post all the negative bs that's written. that way we can dissect it and make fun of it.

Good analogy........ Similarly, you could also use a grown up example most of us can understand too (in case the slow still don't get it).

I'm quite sure that BB/Kraft insisted that, given the leak of the initial tape, they insisted on the destruction of the tapes. In that they did not really matter to the NFL (only that BB not be allowed to keep them). They had no problem with it. If they thought the tapes were EVIDENCE, they'd never have gotten rid of them.

Take off the tin-foil hats and see the case for what it really is.

I hate to add to such a stupid thread, but, congratulations, you are absolutely right!

To repeat for the slow-witted (the OP, Scoop the Poop) the tapes are not data for the investigation of possible further infractions -- confiscating and destroying them is simply placing them "beyond use" for the Patriots.

When I saw it was an ESPN Page 2 article I immediately disregarded. Page 2 writers tend to be fringe guys who only appeal to a certain minute base of fans and the writers themselves tend to be whack jobs. I never got Easterbrook and his long rambling columns and I can't take a writer named Scoop Jackson seriously.

The only people really talking about this story is page 2 guys because they are the same guys who think man never landed on the Moon.

Well, I can guarantee you that I am not alone in being surprised that all tapes, etc..., were just destroyed-end of story. To say it was done to ensure they are never used for an advantage in the future is the worst excuse I've ever heard. I mean, if the NFL thinks that coaches would be "wondering" where the tapes are, I suppose they could all "wonder" if the damn things WERE in fact burned. Who the heck knows. Just makes it appear as though there was more to hide. And as Scoop said, as time passes, and no tapes exist, soon it will viewed as never having happened.

go tell it to someone who gives a phuck, phallus boy...

When I saw it was an ESPN Page 2 article I immediately disregarded. Page 2 writers tend to be fringe guys who only appeal to a certain minute base of fans and the writers themselves tend to be whack jobs. I never got Easterbrook and his long rambling columns and I can't take a writer named Scoop Jackson seriously.

The only people really talking about this story is page 2 guys because they are the same guys who think man never landed on the Moon.
Agreed... while the late Hunter S. Thompson was my favorite writer to ever write for ESPN, it's not because I valued his cold, hard sports analasys.

Though I wonder what the good doctor would have said about this. I think he'd be tearing Mangini apart, predicting he'd be wearing cement shoes at the bottom of the Hudson river. The Nixon analogies would have been interesting, he hated Nixon more than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes