PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pretty Good Scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the biggest bust in the league, hence the penalty.

That's fine.

But alot of people make it seem as the punishment wasn't substantial enough.

It far and away was.

If we didn't have two 1st rounders last year, it would have hurt more. But since we ALWAYS seem to have 2 first rounders unlike other teams.......what can I say!:D

It doesnt surprise me at all. Just sweep it under the rug and it will go away. NFL fans will not let this go unadressed (hopefully).
And REAL NFL fans will be sure that other methods of cheating are dealt with in the same manner....like the blackout of 15 seconds that many teams have a way to keep...CHEATING!!! And if are are anything but a hypocrit, I was sure you will demand that spots on teh competition committee will be rotated so that EVERY team will have a fair say??? U doubt you will..but that is OK..

This is FOOTBALL {morality}

I'm Scoop Jackson, and I'll be your guide. :rolleyes:

What a joke dude. Can you possibly find a less credible football guy to cite, HBM. Scoop writes primarily Basketball and Hip Hop crap, and not very well either. Perhaps he decieded to weigh in on the matter to boost his sagging carreer.

Last edited:
It was the biggest bust in the league, hence the penalty.

It wasn't even close, so let's not be saying foolish things like the above quote. Just as a simple example, the Broncos violating the salary cap for multiple years was far worse.

It wasn't even close, so let's not be saying foolish things like the above quote. Just as a simple example, the Broncos violating the salary cap for multiple years was far worse.
Or San Francisco,I don't recall Denver. But I deffinatly remember SF. Playing the salary cap.

Awesome sig, Piper.

Or San Francisco,I don't recall Denver. But I deffinatly remember SF. Playing the salary cap.

eddie debartolo having the 49ers stripped from him for racketeering ,gambling and bribery is a far worse travesty and are actual criminal behaviour. the op is not dumbfounded , he's just dumb. that would describe 90 % of colt fans.

The biggest problem with Scoop's article and Greg Easterbrook's is they have no proof that anything else improper "may" have been on the tapes. They are guessing. Throwing it on the wall and hoping something sticks. I thought when the Patriots sent the Comish the tapes that the best thing he could do to preserve the NFL 'product' was to end the story, which he did. Being an NFL fan for almost 50 years it's not hard to see what's most important to the league. It's money. And having a drawn out inverstigation about the Patriots and all other 31 teams teams about whatever taping has ever been done was not going to be good for the product. That part of what Scoop says I don't disgree with. But again, his problem is, no tapes - no proof - no story. He can assume all he wants to that they were destroyed because there was more there, but he's stuck with just guessing it.

I concur completely.

The media wanted this thing to turn into the Watergate of sports, giving them neverending raw materials for the forseeable future.

They were very disappointed by the outcome.

The thing they don't understand is the NFL is not government body nor a public corporation.

It's a self-governing private entity that can deal with any perceived wrong-doings in accordance with it's bylaws. According to those bylaws, the punishment was the largest ever brought down by the league.

Case closed.

Sorry boys.......it seems you might have to work a little harder this year. Stop whining.

Exactly! The NFL is not required to be an active participant in its own downfall. If this scandal, and the other indiscretions by other teams that would come out in a Ken Starr type investigation, could make casual fans question the integrity of the game, why would the NFL willingly bring this about? They wouldn't!

Re: Pretty Poopy Scoop

At least there are some out there that are as dumbfounded as I:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/070928

You know, you claim surprise and shock at the members' obnoxious behavior toward you and wish to discuss the Colts, yet you continually perform these red-rag-to-a-bull manoeuvers.

Football fans are an odd bunch. Their suspicions and questions over what is by many accounts a rather time-tested practice, albeit recently one cracked down upon by the league, and also one which is unlikely to lead to immediate benefits of any sort, has been hilariously deafening. Yet, it would make sense for baseball fans to demand lawsuits and forfeits for Yankee-Giant-Cardinal-Oriole-Cub etc. games in which any of the players suspected/proven of steroid/HGH use contributed in any way to their team's success. The principles of correlation are, I would argue, shaded dramatically in favor of the baseball activities affecting the games even more directly (despite the many caveats about whether or not steroid use affects power, etc.). But no, no lonely and whinging Mets fan has filed a frivolous lawsuit, no Red Sox fan has actually (although some would probably enjoy it) called for the forfeiture of the 2003 playoffs. Rather, it has only fueled their hatred of long-standing enemies. Which is fine and healthy; other avenues are simply pathetic, and those suggesting them should be forced to play special teams in this year's Pro Bowl.

Last edited:
I heard a rumor that one of the tapes destroyed was Easterbrook and Jackson having sex with each other. They both deny it, but now we don't have the evidence any more. Awfully convenient for them, isn't it? I think we can safely assume that the rumor is true since it can no longer be proven that they weren't on the tape.

Hugely flawed logic IS fun!

At least there are some out there that are as dumbfounded as I.

It doesnt surprise me at all. Just sweep it under the rug and it will go away. NFL fans will not let this go unadressed (hopefully).

The FACT is, what happened was not a big deal. It was something most teams were doing anyway. So a letter went out and BB thought he saw a loophole and he was wrong.

What I find mind BOGGLING is how much some people WANT to make this a bigger issue than it is...and it's just not a big deal...FACT....END OF STORY.

We all saw the stories across all media outlets and types in the first week after cameragate. But gee, look now! I don't see anything anymore. Why is that? Because this issue has been completely resolved...for good.

Thankfully, it has helped make the Patriots a stronger team because of it!:D The Patriots will surely continue to win and dominate most of the teams whose fans continue to cry & boo-hoo their way through the season. But that's life....GET OVER IT!:D

The FACT is, what happened was not a big deal. It was something most teams were doing anyway. So a letter went out and BB thought he saw a loophole and he was wrong.

What I find mind BOGGLING is how much some people WANT to make this a bigger issue than it is...and it's just not a big deal...FACT....END OF STORY.

We all saw the stories across all media outlets and types in the first week after cameragate. But gee, look now! I don't see anything anymore. Why is that? Because this issue has been completely resolved...for good.

Thankfully, it has helped make the Patriots a stronger team because of it!:D The Patriots will surely continue to win and dominate most of the teams whose fans continue to cry & boo-hoo their way through the season. But that's life....GET OVER IT!:D
The issue really isn't the contents for me so much as the way in which it was swept under the rug. Destroying evidence is just odd to me, that's all.

Lol.....if the issue was not the content and what you and Eastbrook "wish" was on there....this would not be an issue you would bring up over and over. The only odd thing here is you.

Last edited:

The issue really isn't the contents for me so much as the way in which it was swept under the rug. Destroying evidence is just odd to me, that's all.

Dude, it's not destroying evidence, it's called cleaning the carpet.

Look, if your teenage son spills grape juice on the rug after you told him not to run with his juice in the living room, what do you do? I'd think you'd punish him, or yell at him, and then you'd clean the carpet. You wouldn't fence it off with kiddie gates, or put glass over it, to keep it around as "evidence" of what he'd done, to rub his nose in it from time to time, and to show friends and guests when they come over for a drink--"Look what our son did, we can't trust him anymore...".

The actions of the NFL are suggesting "We know what happened, it was bad but it's been taken care of, let's move on and avoid any more mistakes in the future."

Dude, it's not destroying evidence, it's called cleaning the carpet.

Look, if your teenage son spills grape juice on the rug after you told him not to run with his juice in the living room, what do you do? I'd think you'd punish him, or yell at him, and then you'd clean the carpet. You wouldn't fence it off with kiddie gates, or put glass over it, to keep it around as "evidence" of what he'd done, to rub his nose in it from time to time, and to show friends and guests when they come over for a drink--"Look what our son did, we can't trust him anymore...".

The actions of the NFL are suggesting "We know what happened, it was bad but it's been taken care of, let's move on and avoid any more mistakes in the future."

Yes, yes, YES!! You're right on target here. It seems that some people would have preferred the entire 2007 season be ruined over an issue that just wasn't that big a deal.

And for what?

Well, I can guarantee you that I am not alone in being surprised that all tapes, etc..., were just destroyed-end of story. To say it was done to ensure they are never used for an advantage in the future is the worst excuse I've ever heard. I mean, if the NFL thinks that coaches would be "wondering" where the tapes are, I suppose they could all "wonder" if the damn things WERE in fact burned. Who the heck knows. Just makes it appear as though there was more to hide. And as Scoop said, as time passes, and no tapes exist, soon it will viewed as never having happened.

You don't fool anyone.......well maybe yourself. You just want/need an excuse for for blowing it all the years. Hide them up your (self censored).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes