PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pretty Good Scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure one of the reason all materials were destroyed. Is the NFL's lax security. How did Fox get the Jet tape? Someone was leaking info and other teams would have gotten it if it wasn't destroyed.

I'm sure one of the reason all materials were destroyed. Is the NFL's lax security. How did Fox get the Jet tape? Someone was leaking info and other teams would have gotten it if it wasn't destroyed.

Well, that's pretty lame if you can't ensure the integrity of the materials. Certainly something could have been arranged. I don't see what the big deal is in showing the stuff, other than it hurts the product. In the end, IF there was additional evidence of wrong doing, it should have come out, regardless of the beating the NFL takes. Wouldn't have been as bad as any Baseball strike.

Well, that's pretty lame if you can't ensure the integrity of the materials. Certainly something could have been arranged. I don't see what the big deal is in showing the stuff, other than it hurts the product. In the end, IF there was additional evidence of wrong doing, it should have come out, regardless of the beating the NFL takes. Wouldn't have been as bad as any Baseball strike.

Maybe you could explain how showing the material would have helped anyone in anyway?

Last edited:
At least there are some out there that are as dumbfounded as I:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/070928
What are you dumbfounded about?

The Pats were penalized for videotaping signals. More examples of videotaping signals were not going to give an added penalty. So if all there were on the tapes was videotaping signals, then there was no need to keep the tapes.

What reporters want is to see the tapes so they can see for themselves that there are no further violations, and that is plain stupid.

When Merriman got a suspension for steroid use, does the press have a right to view all his other drug tests so that they can see for themselves that there were no further violations? No. And the press does not have a right to see any of the other tapes either.

All it took was to check the tapes, and if they were filled with defensive signals and down/distance, then that is the end. The Pats have already been penalized for videotaping defensive signals.

Why is that so hard to understand?

It doesnt surprise me at all. Just sweep it under the rug and it will go away. NFL fans will not let this go unadressed (hopefully).

Scoop Jackson said:
Communitarianism is like a family. One that sticks together and makes even those not part of that family abide by the family laws. With communitarianism strange things happen and powerful people play dumb all of a sudden -- they know nothing, have no information, stop speaking or their sentences come out in codes and all answers are abrupt, they refuse to give direct answers to direct questions, they stonewall.

Hehe. . . . ummm. . . riiiiiiiiight.

Someone needs to tell Scoop that the internet is flat. There's such thing as sailing too far. Particularly, when you're drifting along for a twelve paragraph tour on the S.S. Eedjot.

It doesnt surprise me at all. Just sweep it under the rug and it will go away. NFL fans will not let this go unadressed (hopefully).
I'd like that too,because more than likely 90% of the teams in the NFL were doing it at one time or another including your's self rightious one. Than I wouldn't have to listen to this crap from people like you. :rocker:

Last edited:
The press/media wants the to have the power to convict whomever they choose in the court of public opinion.

Unfortunately, they often abuse whatever opportunities they get and in doing so they inevitably turn every rational mind against them.

As long as the media is willing to sacrifice "FAIR AND BALANCED COVERAGE" in exchange for sensationalism, they deserve nothing. Not respect, not empathy, and certainly not an inside scoop.

If the media has a complaint with how things have been handled, they only need to look in the mirror.

They did to Belichick what they did to the President of Iran, what they did to the Duke Lacrosse players, what they do to every public figure involved with controvercy.

They don't wait for the facts to reveal themselves and then report on facts. Instead they speculate and report all kinds of assumptions and opinions.

They completely blow things out of proportion and then b/c the nature of media is what it is, they are never held accountable for their errors and/or faulty judgements.

They not only do a disservice to themselves....They do a disservice to society.

It's just too bad so many people fall victim to their practices. Even intelligent people who are capable of articulating and criticizing the media's tactics, are not immune from its effect. How many times have we all commented on the media's idiosyncracies, only to fall victim to them the very moment.

Last edited:
The press/media wants the to have the power to convict whomever they choose in the court of public opinion.

Unfortunately, they often abuse whatever opportunities they get and in doing so they inevitably turn every rational mind against them.

As long as the media is willing to sacrifice "FAIR AND BALANCED COVERAGE" in exchange for sensationalism, they deserve nothing. Not respect, not empathy, and certainly not an inside scoop.

If the media has a complaint with how things have been handled, they only need to look in the mirror.

They did to Belichick what they did to the President of Iran, what they did to the Duke Lacrosse players, what they do to every public figure involved with controvercy.

They don't wait for the facts to reveal themselves and then report on facts. Instead they speculate and report all kinds of assumptions and opinions.

They completely blow things out of proportion and then b/c the nature of media is what it is, they are never held accountable for their errors and/or faulty judgements.

It's just too bad so many people fall victim to their practices. Even intelligent people who are capable of articulating and criticizing the media's tactics, are not immune from its effect. How many times have we all commented on the media's idiosyncracies, only to fall victim to them the very moment.
Thats a pretty good post. With that said how did you earn the rep.with "a little shamless behaviour"? :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
What are you dumbfounded about?

The Pats were penalized for videotaping signals. More examples of videotaping signals were not going to give an added penalty. So if all there were on the tapes was videotaping signals, then there was no need to keep the tapes.

What reporters want is to see the tapes so they can see for themselves that there are no further violations, and that is plain stupid.

When Merriman got a suspension for steroid use, does the press have a right to view all his other drug tests so that they can see for themselves that there were no further violations? No. And the press does not have a right to see any of the other tapes either.

All it took was to check the tapes, and if they were filled with defensive signals and down/distance, then that is the end. The Pats have already been penalized for videotaping defensive signals.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Well, I can guarantee you that I am not alone in being surprised that all tapes, etc..., were just destroyed-end of story. To say it was done to ensure they are never used for an advantage in the future is the worst excuse I've ever heard. I mean, if the NFL thinks that coaches would be "wondering" where the tapes are, I suppose they could all "wonder" if the damn things WERE in fact burned. Who the heck knows. Just makes it appear as though there was more to hide. And as Scoop said, as time passes, and no tapes exist, soon it will viewed as never having happened.

who the **** are you you little ****** ******ed colts lover, get a ****** life its saturday you the weekend go out and enjoy yourself or geta ****** job loser stop jockin our team dumb moron.
Oh, I am MISTER. Getting ready to go to a PARTY! Outdoor, bonfire, bluegrass, brisket, beer, the works. Should be a great night for it. Hey, I see your used to the ASTERISK KEY now ;)

You know, this site is a good one. We don't just ban people for no reason or for being contrary. But you've been a real jerk around here and you should have a little more respect. You need to stop.

Hehe. . . . ummm. . . riiiiiiiiight.

Someone needs to tell Scoop that the internet is flat. There's such thing as sailing too far. Particularly, when you're drifting along for a twelve paragraph tour on the S.S. Eedjot.

:rocker:

And, for what it's worth, you haven't the faintest idea what "communitarianism" means, Scoop, old pal.

Oh, I am MISTER. Getting ready to go to a PARTY! Outdoor, bonfire, bluegrass, brisket, beer, the works. Should be a great night for it. Hey, I see your used to the ASTERISK KEY now ;)

BS you know your lame ass is gonna sit home on a Saturday nite and chat with all your fellow geek colt fans online...

:agree: :ditto:

Elequently stated!

I concur completely.

The media wanted this thing to turn into the Watergate of sports, giving them neverending raw materials for the forseeable future.

They were very disappointed by the outcome.

The thing they don't understand is the NFL is not government body nor a public corporation.

It's a self-governing private entity that can deal with any perceived wrong-doings in accordance with it's bylaws. According to those bylaws, the punishment was the largest ever brought down by the league.

Case closed.

Sorry boys.......it seems you might have to work a little harder this year. Stop whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes