PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PRESEASON GAME DAY THREAD: Patriots vs. Packers 8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
tom's playing?? can't miss this then!!:D
if jimmy G struggles i cant wait to see the overeaction by espn/nfl network.

other news, rodgers is going to rip our secondary to shreds!:D not that it matters

Although if you are superstitious, you don't want him to play as the he didn't play the first preseason game in 2011 or 2014 and both times they made the SB.

Would be absolutely hilarious if Brady played a series tonight to start the game after all those "sourced" reports yesterday of him not playing.

Would be a classic BB troll the media move. Could see Brady all day today in BB's ear, "Come on, Coach, I need this, just one series"

Although i'm sure some Boston mediots would make a huge deal of it. Because BB's past history and players missing practice.

Yeah, it would really hilarious if BB risked Brady in a meaningless scrimmage.

Last edited:
Yeah, it would early hilarious if BB risked Brady in a meaningless scrimmage.

So then you are of the opinion that Ryan Lindley should play the whole game because Garoppolo is at risk as well and there is a chance he might have to start the first 4 games.

Butler vs Jordy Nelson. Time to put the camp hype to the test.

I don't want Tom out there if the OL isn't ready. I don't care how fired up he is. Football players play football, yes, but when the score doesn't matter I don't want him there anymore than he needs to be.

Theres still a chance he won't play for 4 weeks, let the guy who might be filling in be as ready as possible, and even then, protect him, because he's a hell of a lot better than Flynn or Lindley.

All of that and we KNOW what we have with Tom. We have the greatest. Theres nothing to evaluate and still 3+ more weeks to develop chemistry behind the real OL.

I don't want Tom out there if the OL isn't ready. I don't care how fired up he is. Football players play football, yes, but when the score doesn't matter I don't want him there anymore than he needs to be.

Theres still a chance he won't play for 4 weeks, let the guy who might be filling in be as ready as possible, and even then, protect him, because he's a hell of a lot better than Flynn or Lindley.

Nice contradiction.

"Don't let Brady play with that OL even if it is 5-6 snaps, but go ahead and let the guy that may have to start the first 4 games but protect him"

Do you think the plays called with that the current OL wouldn't be ones that protect Brady? Maybe a few quick passes and few hands offs. Just a hypothetical.

I think the packers offense could be historic this year. They have arod, Jordy/Cobb, a top 5 pass blocking offensive line all in their primes

Nice contradiction.

"Don't let Brady play with that OL even if it is 5-6 snaps, but go ahead and let the guy that may have to start the first 4 games but protect him"

Do you think the plays called with that the current OL wouldn't be ones that protect Brady? Maybe a few quick passes and few hands offs. Just a hypothetical.

It's not really a contradiction, what's worse, the GOAT who will play at least 13 games this season getting hurt or the guy slated to only play 4 and potentially less than that?

Brady doesn't need the work. JG does. JG has shown tons of promise and potential but we could probably go 2-2 with any QB. Protect the present and the forseeable future (hint: Brady is both).

Edit:
Michael Giardi ‏@MikeGiardi 2m2 minutes ago
In addition, there is an offensive line issue. 3 of the 5 "starters" have been out multiple days leading up to tonite. The other 2 are rooks

If you want to see Tom doing ANYTHING behind an OL with Canon, Flemming, Devey, Kline, etc. well, that's all you. I'll pass.

Edit2: My tone changes if the projected OL starters are ready to play, I won't be against the normal preseason exposure behind the top unit. I'm 110% against it if Devey and Kline are infront of him at any point.

The Patriots grounds crew should paint an NFL shield on the field so that Brady, if he plays, can SPIKE the ball on it, Gronk style.

If Brady plays tonight you know coach fully supports his qb regarding stupidgate. There are usually no excuses with him but he might realize that the league was really out to get him. They did get a million and couple draft picks and four games for his qb but I'm sure they wanted more.

Nice contradiction.

Someone has to play. Would you rather lose Brady or Jimmy G? I think I'd do something like play Jimmy G the first quarter and then leave the rest of it to Lindley.

Someone has to play. Would you rather lose Brady or Jimmy G? I think I'd do something like play Jimmy G the first quarter and then leave the rest of it to Lindley.

My point is Brady would play one series so this "why risk him" is just really overblown.

My point is Brady would play one series so this "why risk him" is just really overblown.

I ask what is there to gain in one series behind a 3rd string OL that he can't gain in 2-3 series next week behind the starters and eliminate most of the risk entirely?

A statement? That seems to be what most are asking for.

This is the preseason. What the hell statement is he going to make tonight? The statement I want to see is going 25/30 for 400yds and 4TDs against the Steelers garbage secondary in week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes