PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle Thoughts - the opening edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally forgot all about D Brown. Given that he reportedly flashed some before he went down, is just another reason why Perillo's remark that the Pats #1 running back is not yet on the team isn't going to happen.

Donald Brown is a stiff.

Um, i don't listen to Boston sports radio. I was continuing the Irving fryar theme from the poster I quoted.
It wasn't related to your post at all. I've just been hearing it since Thurs, the latest being freaking Borges, so I snapped!

Knighton was in for a few snaps early in the fourth quarter. He wasn't in there on the Bears subsequent two drives. But yes, he had a rough outing in his appearance in the first half where he once overran the play and thus a big gap developed between him and Vellano which was exploited for a big run and then on the TD he got pancaked by a double-team.

Think he's having a hard time adjusting to our two-gapping style.

Well it's pretty clear that nothing short of 16 games of mistake free football will change your perception of Marcus Cannon.

That's a pretty aggressive straw man, in that it's nothing close to what I actually said. I'd take 3 games of not once getting dominated off the LOS and nearly getting Brady killed. To date in his career, he's played like a tackle that, if/when Vollmer goes down for 4 games, I'm not confident that he can competently start in his place.

Ideally we will see Volmer come off the PUP sometime this week. But if not, the Marcus Cannon will be the guy to start the season against a very good pass rushing Cardinal team. It is what it is, buddy

Luckily Freeney signed in Atlanta and Okafor tore his bicep tendon last night, so the only potential edge rusher who really scares me for the Cardinals is Chandler Jones. I expect Cannon will be in trouble if he gets the start at RT, but Solder should be able to handle his assignment, so there should be a good amount of flexibility in really only having to gameplan around Campbell and Jones. Every time Jones is on the field on a passing play, I expect Gronk to chip him at a minimum.

Eagles - 13 runs - 54 yards - 4.15 YPC
Texans - 10 runs - 53 yards - 5.3 YPC

Would have had more in those games if Pats didn't get into that hole against the Eagles and if he didn't get injured against Houston. His 53 yards against Houston was only in the 1st quarter as he went out early in the 2nd quarter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots