PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PRESEASON GAME DAY THREAD: Patriots vs. Packers 8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please give info on injuries as soon as you local guys close to team hear anything.

Did Jimmy Jean or Dax Swanson do anything?

If I had to rank the CBs who played tonight, I would have to go Butler, McClain, Roberts, Fletcher & Ryan. Would tie the last two since Fletcher didn't play much early against top talent.

Jean impressed somewhat on STs to me. Didn't notice Swanson.

Don't know where else to put this, but I'm watching the Cowboys-Chargers game being broadcast locally here in TX. So just before halftime, the subject somehow turns to FrameGate, and ex-Cowboys backup and now long time radio announcer and preseason TV broadcaster Babe Laufenberg says, "[paraphrasing:] I honestly don't know whether Brady will play or not. I'm tired of thinking about it. I don't want to think about it.[/paraphrasing]"

Then he says "[not paraphrasing, these were pretty much his exact words as far as I can recall:] But I do know this. He deflated the football. I do know that. Now it's just a question of whether the punishment will stand or not."

Ignorance is astounding, but ignorance with conviction is even worse. This is such BS that classless, scientifically illiterate homer announcers will be taking shots like that thanks to this whole fiasco.

/rant

edit: I mean, from fans, this is pretty much expected. I would expect nothing less from butthurt rival fanbases. Game on. But from a broadcaster? Just putting that out there, over the air? With such righteous indignation to boot? Un-freaking-believable.

/rant2

Last edited:
@PP_Rich_Hill: Only saw one completion on Darryl Roberts and he was in coverage of Jordy Nelson (a top 10 WR). Good start for the young guy.

Don't know where else to put this, but I'm watching the Cowboys-Chargers game being broadcast locally here in TX. So just before halftime, the subject somehow turns to FrameGate, and ex-Cowboys backup and now long time radio announcer and preseason TV broadcaster Babe Laufenberg says, "[paraphrasing:] I honestly don't know whether Brady will play or not. I'm tired of thinking about it. I don't want to think about it.[/paraphrasing]"

Then he says "[not paraphrasing, these were pretty much his exact words as far as I can recall:] But I do know this. He deflated the football. I do know that. Now it's just a question of whether the punishment will stand or not."

Ignorance is astounding, but ignorance with conviction is even worse. This is such BS that classless, scientifically illiterate homer announcers will be taking shots like that thanks to this whole fiasco.

/rant

edit: I mean, from fans, this is pretty much expected. I would expect nothing less from butthurt rival fanbases. Game on. But from a broadcaster? Just putting that out there, over the air? With such righteous indignation to boot? Un-freaking-believable.

/rant2

Who the heck is Babe Laufenberg and how does he know this? Did Mark Brunell tell him this while they were both fishing around the same local dumpster looking for 1/2 eaten sandwiches?

Keepers, the both of them. Mason was pretty much everything scouted by yourself as far as run blocking but I was pretty impressed with his pass coverage which many thought was gonna be a liability. Looks like he is spounging it up us he goes.

Wasn't too high on the Jackson pick although I knew it was great value. He is pretty much impressive so far.

Flowers is just picking up where he left off in college. Underrated, but still that guy who applys pressure consistently. He is going to make some of those front 7 fellows very happy flushing sacks their way. Hopefully the injury wasn't too serious.

Our red shirt rookie Easley looked explosive and also outmaneuved at times.

Malcolm Brown fit in but didn't dominate. He has got big shoes to fill but he did his job and you can't ask more than that this early.

Lot of progress early and it looks like this draft class might be one of the special ones.

Thanks for that breakdown, especially on Shaq who really excites me long-term. I saw some of Flowers and he looked impressive and who is Rufus Johnson? Played like a double digit sack guy. 6'5, 272lbs for an OLB and who's 10 yard split was in the Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler territory. Nice. I did think Jabaal Sheard and James White looked really good too.

Speaking of people I liked, did you see Abdullah's run against the Jets?

Last edited:
Any injury updates on Roberts and Flowers?

Did Jimmy Jean or Dax Swanson do anything?
Swanson was called for an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty on punt coverage because he didn't return
to the field of play in a timely manner. He was subsequently reamed by Joe Judge on the sideline.
Not a good way for a bubble guy to start the pre-season schedule.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko Aug 13
#Patriots get out of the game without any major injuries. Trey Flowers looks like a concussion, Daryl Roberts a hand injury

Oh dear. Flowers suffered a concussion? I was led to believe his problem was a leg injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back