PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins, McKenzie, Javarris James, Mastrud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins

Per Patriots web site two more players added to practice squad. RB James from the U and a TE Kansas.

Per Reiss

Patriots 2009 third-round pick Tyrone McKenzie cleared waivers today and will return to New England on the practice squad.

One spot may remain open until Ojinakka comes off suspension, and someone is cut and signed to the ps (Maneri?Fletcher? Love?)

This makes sense but if they waive Maneri wouldn't he be picked up? I was kind of hoping Fletcher and Love were going to help as the season went on. Fletcher rushing the passer and Love giving Vince a breather, or allowing Vince to play DE for a play or two.

We do need to do something with our OL. We have no depth - TB will get killed if we use the backups. Since we kept Kaczur on the 53 with back surgery that shows how shallow we are.

is 290 reportedly.

Possible but unlikely. I read an interview from about 6 months ago and when he was asked his size he said, 6'6 3/4', 260. Could he have put on 30 Lbs of muscle in 6 months? Possible I guess.

This makes sense but if they waive Maneri wouldn't he be picked up? I was kind of hoping Fletcher and Love were going to help as the season went on. Fletcher rushing the passer and Love giving Vince a breather, or allowing Vince to play DE for a play or two.

We do need to do something with our OL. We have no depth - TB will get killed if we use the backups. Since we kept Kaczur on the 53 with back surgery that shows how shallow we are.

It's possible—not a given, but possible—that they'll make room for Ojinnaka by putting Kaczur on IR.

Per Reiss

Patriots 2009 third-round pick Tyrone McKenzie cleared waivers today and will return to New England on the practice squad.

Most of the players on the PS I typically could care less about, but I can say that I am glad the Pats retained McKenzie.

It's possible—not a given, but possible—that they'll make room for Ojinnaka by putting Kaczur on IR.

Why? Keeping Kaczur this week and exposing McKenzie, and then putting Kaczur on IR next week makes no sense to me. Kaczur will do nothing this week except take up a spot, so why wait? Someone has to be cut - we will have to wait and see but if the 8th PS slot is not filled in the next few days than BB is planning to try to move someone from the 53 to the PS.

Per Reiss

That's kind of surprising. Maybe he just needed some time. I imagine he also needs to increase his versatility to get back on our squad.

He certainly had a hectic college career, though he managed to play most of the time at three colleges.

Seems to me that McKenzie was an upside project that they didn't have time to coach up once they got the more ready to go Spikes. My speculation.

Why? Keeping Kaczur this week and exposing McKenzie, and then putting Kaczur on IR next week makes no sense to me. Kaczur will do nothing this week except take up a spot, so why wait? Someone has to be cut - we will have to wait and see but if the 8th PS slot is not filled in the next few days than BB is planning to try to move someone from the 53 to the PS.

Probably waiting to see if he could play. Backs are tricky.

Don't assume that Maneri is the one to go ... maybe LeVoir? Could be Fletcher! Love the pick up of Javarris James, a big back with 4.58 speed. I think they fill the last PS with someone like Farnham, local kid that could be a shadow roster player. He gets cut next week when they have to add Ojinnaka back to the active roster. The player they waive goes to the PS, bumping the last p;ayer signed. They carry 10 OL including Kaczur.

Last edited:
Re: PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins, McKenzie, Javarris James, Mas

First claimed...so back on the PSquad..per Reiss...Glad he is back..FUNNY how many thought he would not be..was that a way to think he would not go through??

WHO is first claimed? How does one make sense of this thread? The entire thing is being done without anyone naming any names except the six names that are in the original post title.

A thing I don't want it to happen.

Re: PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins, McKenzie, Javarris James, Mas

Glad to see McKenzie back. Gives time to get him reps and get ready in case one of the LB's goes IR.

Per Reiss

Yes!!!!

I can honestly say that I don't remember a practice squad as full of potential as this one now represents.

The "farm team" is looking good!

Last edited:

The Practice Squad may be the best in some time. Usually, these players are ones that might make a future sqaud. This year, there are four players who we thought at some point in the preseason had a good chance of contributing in 2010: Ohrnberger, Crable, McKenzie and Brown.

Nice to have some halfway decent players for extra depth on the PS.....

Prior years I never knew who half the PS guys were.

McKensie to PS

per the Globe, Good news as I was hoping he would be back

Re: McKensie to PS

Really like McKenzie's story, keeping him on the practice squad for insurance and continued development is a good thing...

Last edited:

This is great news!

I hope to see him on the 53 next year.

That's great news. Since he was the last to be cut, could he be the first one back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes