PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins, McKenzie, Javarris James, Mastrud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins, McKenzie, Javarris James, Mas

As opposed to all of those 6 foot, agile and talented CBs that were available for practice squad signings, eh?

I make no judgments about the quality of the signings. I simply offer my penetrating analysis of our CBs' physical attributes free of charge to the community.

Re: PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins, McKenzie, Javarris James, Mas

I make no judgments about the quality of the signings. I simply offer my penetrating analysis of our CBs' physical attributes free of charge to the community.

Well stated. I retract my sarcasm ;)

I like the idea of having a RB on there, with so may RB contracts expiring. Maybe at least a backup can learn the playbook, and James looked good in the preseaon for Indy, even though their O-line doesn't run block well.

Edelman was a QB in college before converting to WR with Patriots :rocker:

"Edelman played QB at Kent State and led the Golden Flashes in passing and rushing his senior year, breaking the single season record for total offense formerly held by Joshua Cribbs. He also punted four times and played some safety."

I've seen film of him throwing the football. Wilfork might be a better option. :eek:

I've seen film of him throwing the football. Wilfork might be a better option. :eek:

I would like to see Wilfork run the Wildcat. Could rename it the Wildhippo!

I would like to see Wilfork run the Wildcat. Could rename it the Wildhippo!

I can see it now: "I'm not gonna tackle him, YOU tackle him".

I can see it now: "I'm not gonna tackle him, YOU tackle him".

That only works if he is playing fullback or wide receiver. :D

If that is happening when he is QB thne there are even bigger problems than Big Vince at QB going on...

All I was pointing out is that Edelman gives BB an option in an emergency.

TB and Hoyer would have to be injured in the same game for that to happen.

Edelman would be a scrambling QB.....don't expect him to throw 50yd bombs to Moss.

just sayin :)

mckenzie and carter signed to PS???

Not sure if this has been posted or even if it is right..but on nfl network I could have sworn saw that rudiments mckenzie and a CB named tony carter signed to Ps by pats...hope its true about mckenzie!!!!

Re: mckenzie and carter signed to PS???

Multiple sources have reported the McKenzie has, in fact, signed with the PS.

Multiple sources have reported the McKenzie has, in fact, signed with the PS.

Thanks man...that is awesome news.....glad to see mckenzie back with pats!!!!! I have not heard much about carter but from net...gather he had been signed prev by Denver...

Not sure if this has been posted or even if it is right..but on nfl network I could have sworn saw that rudiments mckenzie and a CB named tony carter signed to Ps by pats...hope its true about mckenzie!!!!

"Rudiments"!! :D

Signing the two CB's to PS probably have something to do with Wheatley and Arrington injuries. Miller looks like a kid who could potentially contribute down the road either on D or ST. He was a surprise cut by Baltimore from what I've read. Another candidate for PS, although at it's limit for the moment, is LB David Veikune who was released today by Cleveland, former 2nd Rd pick in 2009 (52nd overall). Veikune at the very worst is a solid special teamer.

Miller: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1114937

CB Prince Miller (5-8 3/8, 192) ran 4.39 and 4.43 in the 40, had a 37 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 9-8 broad jump, a 4.15 short shuttle, a 6.74 three-cone drill and did 22 bench press reps. He looked really good. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Last edited:

Signing the two CB's to PS probably have something to do with Wheatley and Arrington injuries. Miller looks like a kid who could potentially contribute down the road either on D or ST. He was a surprise cut by Baltimore from what I've read. Another candidate for PS, although at it's limit for the moment, is LB David Veikune who was released today by Cleveland, former 2nd Rd pick in 2009 (52nd overall). Veikune at the very worst is a solid special teamer.

Miller: Prince Miller, Georgia, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
BPF you GOT IT!!!!!! Wheatley was spotted with a walking cast today...ankle....THAT makes a lot of sense...I thought that MIGHT be the case of bringing in 2 CBs...with 2 injured. With a lot of top WRs on Cinci they need more than Butler, McCourty and Wilhite...I do think these two might make it...seemed Miller was on the team..then cut..Draftnasty had some good words about his winning attitude and Carter was small but effective....Makes sense they brought in some possible backups quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft