PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins, McKenzie, Javarris James, Mastrud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: McKensie to PS

Wow. Great news to get him back. He has shown potential. And he has a really thick neck.

I have to say, as much as I appreciate the need for consolidation, I'm not a fan of having one sort of unwieldy thread for "the practice squad." I would've preferred this catch-all, IN ADDITION TO individual threads for each player's transaction.

No big deal, but I wanted to voice that in case others feel the same way. If no one else experienced this frustration over the last few days, I'll just shut the hell up and move on. Thanks.

I have to say, as much as I appreciate the need for consolidation, I'm not a fan of having one sort of unwieldy thread for "the practice squad." I would've preferred this catch-all, IN ADDITION TO individual threads for each player's transaction.

No big deal, but I wanted to voice that in case others feel the same way. If no one else experienced this frustration over the last few days, I'll just shut the hell up and move on. Thanks.

agreed.

10 characters

I agree with this. It's perfectly reasonable to have separate discussions about separate players.

Re: PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins, McKenzie, Javarris James, Mas

Colts cut James. Pats must have seen something in him. Wonder how long he sticks and what he has that Clayton and Chris Taylor didn't have.

Guess it doesn't hurt to take a look. Lord knows they need some youth at the position.

Re: PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins, McKenzie, Javarris James, Mas

Another thing to bear in mind is that he'll be an important part of the scout team.

We've got quite a few games this season against big running backs, and he can help impersonate them against the first-team defence.

Is Love one of the 53 or on the PS? Ian's headlines for today has a link to an article about him being cut and signed to the PS.

Love, Fletcher glad to still be here - The Sun Chronicle Online - Sports

Nevermind. The text in Ian's headlines was incorrect. The article actually talks about him making the cut.

Mark Farinella of the Attleboro Sun Chronicle writes that both Kyle Love and Dane Fletcher are both glad to be here after both were cut, but later signed to the practice squad.

So, am I miscounting or do we still have one PS spot left?

That is what I have. 7 of the 8 filled.

Good point. The original problem was that several of the threads that were subsequently consolidated were originated as the announcements came in and so they were about two players or three players at a time, or in different combos, etc.

Going forward, now that the PS is more or less complete and the situation is less fluid, I have no problem if someone wants to start a thread about a single PS player. (Just that the guy who spelled "McKensie" is going to have to up his game! :D )

Interesting, I wonder if the Patriots will win an award for 'Best Pracrice Squad".. my real question is who is the 3rd QB? Two QBs on the entire roster is pretty risky.

Interesting, I wonder if the Patriots will win an award for 'Best Pracrice Squad".. my real question is who is the 3rd QB? Two QBs on the entire roster is pretty risky.

You get down to your 3rd QB, you're probably in trouble anyway. Might as well scoop a guy off the street at that point and save the roster spot for now.

I seem to remember several games in the past where Troy Brown was the third Quarterback

Edelman was a QB in college before converting to WR with Patriots :rocker:

"Edelman played QB at Kent State and led the Golden Flashes in passing and rushing his senior year, breaking the single season record for total offense formerly held by Joshua Cribbs. He also punted four times and played some safety."

Last edited:

Let's hope that one or more of these recycled Pats become the next 'Troy Brown' first off cut for years and then into a star.

There were two left, as they released Mastrud, but the squad is now full as they have signed CB's Prince Miller and Tony Carter.

There were two left, as they released Mastrud, but the squad is now full as they have signed CB's Prince Miller and Tony Carter.

Two more smurfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore