PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins, McKenzie, Javarris James, Mastrud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PRACTICE SQUAD: Ohrnberger, Brown, Crable, Jenkins

Its a low risk PS signing....

If Crable "gets it" and can make contributions on the regular roster later this season...GREAT !

I'm rooting for the kid :singing:

I tell you, what I saw of him in the 2008 training camp looked so promising I can understand the one last chance to prove he belongs. He has freakish physical tools. He can cover, rush, shed blocks and tackle. And do it very well. I am glad to see that he hasn't completely washed up, but at this point you have to question his desire.

Why would question his desire? I am totally lost. If a guy is hurt than he has no desire? The same comments will fly around about Brace in a few weeks while we have to wait for his ankle sprain to heal. Crable did something, cracked something, tore something, and it is taking a year to heal. We can talk about Welker's miraculous recovery all we want, but he is not the same and will not be until next year. ACL's take 1 to 2 years to get back to full strength - Welker says himself it is not the same yet. Troy Brown and Willie McGinest both were hurt a lot in their first few years - how did they turn out? Let's not start questioning a guy's heart or desire when we know BB would cut him in a minute if he did not have the cajones.

So who do you think they will sign as a QB on the PS, and the scout team? :confused:

Uncle Rico.

I tell you, what I saw of him in the 2008 training camp looked so promising I can understand the one last chance to prove he belongs. He has freakish physical tools. He can cover, rush, shed blocks and tackle. And do it very well. I am glad to see that he hasn't completely washed up, but at this point you have to question his desire.
Not sure why you question his desire. You cant will yourself healthy.

I am glad to see that he hasn't completely washed up, but at this point you have to question his desire.
"you have to question his desire"??? I am shaking my head about that one...As THAT NO sense to me.... For one such has Crable to have THAT thrown on to him is INCREDIBLY unfair AND REALLY shows how totally low and mean spirited so many so called fans are.
What you are saying is that....lack of desire = injuries..or some such nonsense..because that is what it is translating to. ALL on here KNOW how many of the "fans"..have made fun of him and his injuries..."Crabled" is now a term some use. Now, none of us REALLY know of the severity of his injuries or HOW HARD it has been for him.just a butt of jokes. To know and claim..it's all a LACK OF DESIRE..is REALLY pitiful!!
HOW is it LACK of desire OR even close to that?? Lack of desire my friend would have meant he would have been retired,quit and out of football. THAT obviously is NOT the case.
You saw how he was...I think all patriot fans saw a spark in his first preseason game.. against the Ravens...an INT, 4 tackles (2nd on the team) half a sack..2 QB hits and a pass defense...and yet NOW..instead of cheering him on TO BE A PLAYER..it's the other way...I have to wonder who the fans really are.
There was a player that was injured a lot at the start of his career...not as much as Crable..but many were ready to throw the towel in on him. Willie McGinest has quite a GREAT career.

Well you have already made up your mind on what will happens so there's REALLY not much to say..DO you remember Willie mcGinest's first fgew years?? Or were you crapping in your diapers....HE was injured a LOT early in his career..and he turned out pretty good..

Very good point, and he was a 4th overall pick. Ted Johnson contributed despite a lot of injury time.

It's pointless to have a message board and say "whatever BB does must be right". Nevertheless, we should be able to judge him by now and coddling marginal players who who hang on faking injuries is surely not in MO.

Crable just happens to have athleticism at a position of need so he will get ample opportunities to contribute if he's healthy.

Not sure why you question his desire. You cant will yourself healthy.

I should have phrased my statement differently. I am questioning his desire because I really don't know what his issues are. I hope it is just a matter of health and he fully recovers. Maybe he doesn't like football. Maybe it's just bad luck. Maybe he doesn't have the passion. Maybe he's not smart enough to play on a BB defense. I have no way of knowing. Nor do any of us.

The only thing I do know is I saw him live in training camp in 2008. Sure he had skinny legs, but he was AMAZING at the different things they were having him do. He was covering RBs and TEs and even slot receivers. He looked--to my unprofessional eye--that he picked up the right man in zone coverage every time. In drills, you could see his athleticism and talent. He seemed to have "it" and I was very excited that he was on our team. Then the injuries seemed like a way of stashing him until he was ready. It still does seem that way. He's not ready for some reason--health, smarts, desire, or something I haven't even considered.

Uncle Rico.

I don't think you need to be able to throw over mountains in the NFL, though.

Anyone know why we only have 4 members on our 8 player practice squad? Waiting to McK to clear to finish the last 4? All of the guys are out there have cleared, what advantage is there in waiting? Seems like a guy could go to another PS if the Pats delay (I doubt they wanted Welch). If the Pats have told players to "hang around" because something good might happen, why not just declare?

Crable passed his physical and is on the field!!! :singing: :singing: :singing:

I still think Crable will eventually become a productive player. Yea, I'm crazy.

Last edited:

I should have phrased my statement differently. I am questioning his desire because I really don't know what his issues are. I hope it is just a matter of health and he fully recovers. Maybe he doesn't like football. Maybe it's just bad luck. Maybe he doesn't have the passion. Maybe he's not smart enough to play on a BB defense. I have no way of knowing. Nor do any of us..

We also have no reason to think any of those things are true. The only thing we KNOW is that hes been hurt several times.

Everthing else you're adding is unsubstantiated gossip.

The only thing we KNOW is that hes been hurt several times.

That's the only thing we knew two days ago. Now we know something more -- that after 2 1/2 star-crossed years with Crable, the team still thinks he has potential. That makes the likelihood that he lacked fundamental qualities of a successful football player pretty low, I think.

I should have phrased my statement differently. I am questioning his desire because I really don't know what his issues are. I hope it is just a matter of health and he fully recovers. Maybe he doesn't like football. Maybe it's just bad luck. Maybe he doesn't have the passion. Maybe he's not smart enough to play on a BB defense. I have no way of knowing. Nor do any of us.

The only thing I do know is I saw him live in training camp in 2008. Sure he had skinny legs, but he was AMAZING at the different things they were having him do. He was covering RBs and TEs and even slot receivers. He looked--to my unprofessional eye--that he picked up the right man in zone coverage every time. In drills, you could see his athleticism and talent. He seemed to have "it" and I was very excited that he was on our team. Then the injuries seemed like a way of stashing him until he was ready. It still does seem that way. He's not ready for some reason--health, smarts, desire, or something I haven't even considered.

What we know is that he has been injured.
THAT is why he has contributed nothing.
Not liking football, not having passion or not being smart enough to play in our defense has nothing to do with why he has not been able to play to date.
Sure, those are things that must be assessed in any player, but they are no more an issue in Crable than anyone else.
Contrary to uninformed opinion, BB doesnt stash players on IR.

Does having 4 spots still open on PS make sense to anyone ?

I'd like to hear viewpoints as to WHY BB may be waiting.

I'm curious, please help me out here. :confused:

Does having 4 spots still open on PS make sense to anyone ?

I'd like to hear viewpoints as to WHY BB may be waiting.

I'm curious, please help me out here. :confused:

What's the hurry?

What's the hurry?

1. Respect for the guys that are sitting with their future in the Pats hands. It is not nice to purposely delay causing anxiety in another person.

2. The players can go to another PS.

The question is not Why hurry? The question is Why wait? What significant advantage do the Pats gain waiting? No-one has answered the question.

1. Respect for the guys that are sitting with their future in the Pats hands. It is not nice to purposely delay causing anxiety in another person.

2. The players can go to another PS.

The question is not Why hurry? The question is Why wait? What significant advantage do the Pats gain waiting? No-one has answered the question.

Has McKenzie cleared waivers yet? I would think he'd be one of them.

Per Reiss, two more players signed to the PS, neither of them Patriots: TE Jeron Mastrud, from Tampa Bay(!), and RB Javarris James.

So, two spots left, no McKenzie, no Farnham, no QB. :(

Per Reiss, two more players signed to the PS, neither of them Patriots: TE Jeron Mastrud, from Tampa Bay(!), and RB Javarris James.

So, two spots left, no McKenzie, no Farnham, no QB. :(
If McKenzie and Farnham wind up in Hartford :gossip: will the league investigate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back