PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pot Roast visiting - (UPDATED - He's Reportedly Joining the Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a serious issue, if we know that now NEED to draft a DT or two.

The good news is that this is a fine draft for DT's.

Personally, I don't count on 3rd round draftees to be major rookie contributors.

I guess the BOTTOM LINE for me is that we are fine with Brown-Branch-Easley if they are healthy. Given Easley's injury history and the fact that Branch is in his contract year, we need a bit of depth.

We have TWO open positions. There are lots of ways to fill those positions. On the roster we have Chris Jones, Kitchen and Kearse. We need much more competition.

Step back from that ledge...

Step back from that ledge...
:)

Having two open backup positions is fine with me. I am even fine if we decide to go with Chris Jones and Kearse (or Kitchen).

There are not many clearly OPEN roster spots. Here we have two. This is a good thing.

:)

Having two open backup positions is fine with me. I am even fine if we decide to go with Chris Jones and Kearse (or Kitchen).

There are not many clearly OPEN roster spots. Here we have two. This is a good thing.
We do not need to have 5 DTs on the roster. I can almost guarantee there will be an UDFA DT on the practice squad.

I'm not that concerned that the 4th DT might end up being a guy we just signed as a FA, or a guy who started for us in the past, or a guy who is an NFL vet. I'm not concerned at all if the 5th DT is on the practice squad.

Turns out that tweet wasn't about the Patriots at all! Poor guy had his mentions blown up by rabid Patriots fans for no reason. I don't envy the celebrity on Twitter.

So did we jump the gun??

We do not need to have 5 DTs on the roster. I can almost guarantee there will be an UDFA DT on the practice squad.

I'm not that concerned that the 4th DT might end up being a guy we just signed as a FA, or a guy who started for us in the past, or a guy who is an NFL vet. I'm not concerned at all if the 5th DT is on the practice squad.

Did last year and it worked great.

Rapoport now says Knighton is visiting the Redskins tomorrow, which could go either way. He clearly has lost some weight and could want to go show them in person, or it could all be a negotiating tactic to get more from the Pats.

Well if he's going to Washington tomorrow then he can't very well make a decision by the end of today can he?

Well if he's going to Washington tomorrow then he can't very well make a decision by the end of today can he?

I just assume it means that if he makes it to Washington he'll probably re-sign there. Seems a little odd to visit the team you just played for but what do I know.

Hopefully he signs here. We need a run stuffer at the 1-tech in a bad way and he can do that well.

Just tried to hit up some Celtics players on twitter to help recruit Potroast (he's a huge C's fan).

Rapoport now says Knighton is visiting the Redskins tomorrow, which could go either way. He clearly has lost some weight and could want to go show them in person, or it could all be a negotiating tactic to get more from the Pats.
I bet he's just trying to get the Skins to pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes