PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positions to be fixed in FA/Draft (the fixed poll)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Positions

• Total voters
receiver, tight end, left tackle, swing guard/tackle/center, punter, kicker...this team has a ton of gaping holes that need attention

I haven't read through the thread yet but why isn't CB on the list? Not if free agency but I could see BB grab one in the first or second round, even after last years' haul in the draft. There will be a Cam Smith, Joey Porter or Devon Witherspoon (even with a slight trade down) available and all have star potential.

I know we need OL help and but ship may have sailed as my top FA targets all signed earlier or middle of the season. There is still George Fant out there that may not cost an arm or a leg.

We are not so far off, as long as Mac improves, from the playoffs but a spending spree is necessary in case the D and run game has to carry this team. A new OC could help Mac but he really needs to pop next year.

If Rodgers wants to end his career with BB, I will be all for it. This is now very likely. He may play for another two years and call it a career here. OL and LBs are my three.

This poll is missing CB, which I think they'll hit high in the draft, as well as LB, OL, WR, TE, DL - close to that order.

The FA's to re-sign are: Meyers, J. Jones, Peppers, Ekuale, D. Harris - in that order (we'll see about DMac)
(letting walk - Wynn, Ferentz, Agholor, Cannon, Davis Jr, McMillan, Wilson, Slowjuan, Palardy, Cardona?)

FA's to bring in: WR, LB, DB, DL

This poll is missing CB, which I think they'll hit high in the draft, as well as LB, OL, WR, TE, DL - close to that order.

The FA's to re-sign are: Meyers, J. Jones, Peppers, Ekuale, D. Harris - in that order (we'll see about DMac)
(letting walk - Wynn, Ferentz, Agholor, Cannon, Davis Jr, McMillan, Wilson, Slowjuan, Palardy, Cardona?)

FA's to bring in: WR, LB, DB, DL
Good Morning Cousins,
In your retort here you mentioned DL as a last "fix". Well in my insignificant opinion, I think we have to add. Guy had his play diminish. we are really playing without a true nose tackle and Wise is decent but can be moved. Our run defense was 23rd in the League. Bryan Bresee from Clemson at #14 (or a move down a few spots). When healthy he can be dominant.

The Giants have a problem. They have to deplete their good CAP to pay Jones and Barkley.They are talking trade as a maybe. Leonard Williams just got rated top 100 players in the NFL again. He's only 28. He establishes the push the DL does not have now. He can play DE as well. He has a huge CAP of $18mm but willing to take a cut. The Giants save $12Mm by trading him. He would be a key player on on Defense. Get him and Ramsey and Draft a kid like Bresee* from Clemson and a good young CB perhaps in round three. Add FA LB Drue Tranquill for cheaper money and we have a top NFL defense.

I'd love to keep Meyers on Offense but that won't happen, A financial alternative might be Parris Campbell who had comparable numbers but can take it to the house. He and Thornton would give us major speed. Now Draft this kid from Purdue Charlie Jones in the slot. A bigger JE. and an OT or two Perhaps Dawand Jones.

I like our chances but OL , a must and DL need might be under the Radar. We have 11 Draft picks. Depends on the ask.
DW Toys

* If you squint real hard Bresee reminds me of Richard Seymour.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back