PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pondering the future of our LINEBACKER Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
For this year don't be surprised if Rodney isn't playing more of a LB/S hybrid like he did against Dallas Clark and Indy.

I thought he was doing that before Gino become Mr. Irrelevant. I mean, if Wilson isn't 100%, doesn't Harrison have to play a more traditional SS with Sanders at FS?

Jesus. And prior to Mankins, he'd never drafted an interior lineman there. And prior to Wilfork, BB had only drafted 1 junior player.

BB fulled intended to draft Stewart Bradley in the 3rd round this year. Problem was he couldn't find a trade partner to move up and the Eagles snatched him before the Pats could. That's why the Pats traded the pick to Oakland

Well now that he's cut the 4th round pick Kareem Brown, which any team in their right mind would have taken to move a couple spots, it looks like he really blew it.

Plenty of trash picks to trade for a player we really needed.

Instead they were used to build the Jets.

Last edited:
Ever since BB arrived, this discussion has contiuned.

After winning the SB in 2001:

What are we going to do about the LB postion?
Vrabel had a nice year for a cast off, but he isnt really the answer.
Bruschi is good, but is he really a 4-3 MLB? And if we go to a 3-4 who else is playing next to him? Cox is old, Ted Johnson stinks.
We have Phifer outside, but he may retire.

I bet we are now a 43 team, because we just dont have any LBs, and don't tell me we can take Willie McGinest from DE and try to make him an OLB again. Hes always hurt, and we played a 43 because he cant play OLB.
Whatever it is we need a lot of LBs. We are going to be in big trouble by 03, 04. By 2007 the guys we draft in 02 and 03 will be the core of the defense.

I bet BB definitely drafts a LB in round 1, because he has to, and every pro-bowl FA LB should be signed in FA. Otherwise we will never win another SB with these aging slow LBs.
Sound familiar?

If by familiar, you mean some of the same linebackers, only 6-7 years older, then yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference