• A little hard to swallow...

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Let's see what happens...

Votes: 80 52.3%
  • GAKLR... spelled backwards

Votes: 22 14.4%

• Total voters
I’m thinking it’s gonna be 360 from how Bill coached. We shall see
Pats website states that Mayo will still run BBs defense.

I have a suspicion that Corky Mac aint going nowhere.

There’s nothing that’s happened in the last 24 years to indicate Kraft wants to control the head coach.
I don’t think that’s what I tried to say. I never accused Kraft that. I do believe this move, getting Mayo in place. Is the “pulling the reins back”… maybe it’s Krafts first step in transferring full power to Jonathan? … we shall see

Pats website states that Mayo will still run BBs defense.

I have a suspicion that Corky Mac aint going nowhere.
It’s going to an interesting offseason that’s for sure

There’s nothing that’s happened in the last 24 years to indicate Kraft wants to control the head coach.
How can it not be?

Kraft is Mayos hire so he will have direct access to Kraft. This where the drama begins between GM and HC. If Kraft really did pick Corky Mac then Marvin Harrison is as good a Patriot.

It’s going to an interesting offseason that’s for sure
I have a suspicion that Mac needed a hug, and Bill was all out of hugs. At least until after Super Bowl wins. I am willing to bet he will get the prerequisite hugs needed to not be such an eff up.
Come Austin Powers GIF

Last edited:
How can it not be?

Kraft is Mayos hire so he will have direct access to Kraft. This where the drama begins between GM and HC. If Kraft really did pick Corky Mac then Marvin Harrison is as good a Patriot.
Go listen to Tom Curran’s podcast. Phil perry says the Mac pick was Bill and not Kraft.

I wish we had conducted an actual head coach search.

This feels like a move that was promised in advance.

Kraft pulled the trigger so quickly because he had already told Mayo, if Bill goes, you're next up!

Hard to feel as much confidence with the move because the Patriots didn't even EXPLORE other options, just went with the in house guy.

But hopefully this works out if Mayo gets the right support around him.

I liked him a lot as a Patriots player but he has literally no head coaching experience under his belt.

I have a suspicion that Mac needed a hug, and Bill was all out of hugs. At least until after Super Bowl wins. I am willing to bet he will get the prerequisite hugs needed to not be such an eff up.
Come Austin Powers GIF
These are different men today. That’s all I need to say about that ..

Is Curran right?
I don't recall if he addressed it but Phil did for sure. It was almost a resignation, like they knew Mac was not great but he was there. They didn't want to trade up to get him.

As far as I am concerned, the continuous self-inflicted harm to stop us winning is continuing. Maybe the league will allow us a winning season in 10 seasons.

Go listen to Tom Curran’s podcast. Phil perry says the Mac pick was Bill and not Kraft.
Mac was Bill's decision. Kraft was not consulted at all. Bill was talking to the draft room staff when he said are we ok with this pick?

Obviously Bill was not wild about the pick if he even has to ask.

But the need at the position was pretty desperate when our only other QB option was a recent reclamation project Cam Newton who didn't even throw for 10 TD passes the year prior.

Mac was Bill's decision. Kraft was not consulted at all. Bill was talking to the draft room staff when he said are we ok with this pick?

Obviously Bill was not wild about the pick if he even has to ask.

But the need at the position was pretty desperate when our only other QB option was a recent reclamation project Cam Newton who didn't even throw for 10 TD passes the year prior.
Almost Phil Perry's exact words.
Will Smith Reaction GIF

Maybe you're Phil.

Almost Phil Perry's exact words.
Will Smith Reaction GIF

Maybe you're Phil.
You can come up with conspiracy theories or you can watch the draft room footage yourself.

Go to the 20 second mark when BB consults his draft team. Kraft is completely absent from the huddle when he asks the question - Are you good with this?

The Mac Jones pick is completely on BB and the personnel staff in the room at that time.

Going forward I hope that none of those people still have a job with the Patriots. Now is a good time to clean house.

I'm as optimistic about Mayo as I was about Cam Newton. Radical change can be refreshing even if ultimately disappointing.

You can come up with conspiracy theories or you can watch the draft room footage yourself.

Go to the 20 second mark when BB consults his draft team. Kraft is completely absent from the huddle when he asks the question - Are you good with this?

The Mac Jones pick is completely on BB and the personnel staff in the room at that time.

Going forward I hope that none of those people still have a job with the Patriots. Now is a good time to clean house.

Absurd hindsight. There was nothing wrong about the Mac Jones pick. It just didn't work out, which is unfortunately far too often the case with high QB picks.

Absurd hindsight. There was nothing wrong about the Mac Jones pick. It just didn't work out, which is unfortunately far too often the case with high QB picks.

8c70z6.jpg

And it actually looked like a good move for the first season...

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back