Votes: 30 19.6%
  • A little hard to swallow...

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Let's see what happens...

Votes: 80 52.3%
  • GAKLR... spelled backwards

Votes: 22 14.4%

• Total voters
I like the fact that Mayo is a supposedly BB minion and knows how to coach the D and the system BB built and can be tough and speak the truth (per Teddy Bruschi), but can coach also from a position of love and build good relationships. I think that's needed in this new era of football with these young players today. BB is an old school tough coach and did build some great relationships with his players who respected him, which I think can't be beat, but this new era and kids today are different... Get a good OC, a good GM and DC you can work with - that maybe knows the system... and see what happens. Will be interesting to see where BB ends up. I think a good team that's been in the hunt for a while, but gets bounced from the playoffs this year could get desperate, want some more toughness/experience in the playoffs and go after BB, and that type of team would be a great fit for BB at this point in his career too....(Cowboys?, Eagles? Bills?)...

Last edited:
Drunk That 70S Show GIF by Peacock

Was my 1st choice for months now ... many months ... and I laid out the good reasons for it. I also stated he could use a good offensive mind assistant coach (Josh) be the qb's/assistant coach. Or Obie the assistant coach and John qb's and oc.

Irregardless of the naysayers there is stifled coaching talent on the team and front office.

He needs a great QB like any good coach. Who the Pats get as a QB will determine Mayo's fate.

What is the over/under on the number of years before Kraft is leaking to the press like a whiny ***** again?

At the end of the day this team was almost entirely void of talent. Coaching want an issue anywhere near as badly as talent evaluation
I think this is right. In the end, Bill was a failed GM and, in my judgment, a declining HC (who is still however in this regard better than most HC's in the league). I fully support moving on from him. He is not the man for a rebuild, one in which there must be a critical reevaluation of the culture Bill built here, one which in light of both societal and purely football changes over the years may now be far less advantageous than it once was, and onein which a complete redo of the offense is the most crying need, a sort of work for which Bill has flagrantly demonstrated his incapacity.. Sic transit gloria mundi.

The ceiling of our aspirations next season realistically next season would to achieve mediocrity, so I fully expect the whining about moving on to Mayo to continue. Yammering nitwit FOB fanboys like Gresh will gloat over every inevitable shortcoming. Ignore them.

He needs a great QB like any good coach. Who the Pats get as a QB will determine Mayo's fate.

What is the over/under on the number of years before Kraft is leaking to the press like a whiny ***** again?
As a whiny ***** yourself, surely you would be in a position to enlighten us.

At the end of the day this team was almost entirely void of talent. Coaching want an issue anywhere near as badly as talent evaluation
And when Mayo does really well in his first year they'll say it's a huge coaching improvement.

Every one here will say it.

What they won't say is that the talent wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

If the team adds a QB, LT and WR, they are a playoff team.

Then maybe some posters (I'm not saying you) will say that it WAS a coaching issue for Belichick, not a personnel issue.

Do I expect Mayo to do well next year? Yes, if he gets 3 players, I do.

I'm a TN volunteer fan.. I've known of mayo for a long time.

To be honest... he has no coaching pedigree outside of the pats.

He was a hell of a player.

I feel like Mayo was hired for all the wrong reasons.

1. He's controllable
2. DEI

This will be a mess.

Maybe he needs a trip to Florida again!

I feel like Mayo was hired for all the wrong reasons.

1. He's controllable
2. DEI
The mechanism by which he was hired has nothing to do with DEI. The NFL decided long ago that teams can make succession plans, and the lack of a search does not violate the Rooney rule. Reports are they were going to do that with McDaniels had he not bolted for Vegas.

I feel we are staying somewhat status quo with this move! I am not sure what RK sees in Mayo that leads him to believe that he could be a good head coach. And now they have decided not to hire a GM ???? So how exactly is this better ? You get rid of one of the best coaches ever and replace him with an unknown defensive guy that has zero experience with running the offensive side of a team !!!
It will be very interesting to see how Mayo approaches free agency and the draft !!! Let’s see what he does with the 3rd pick and if we are going to go with Mac next season, I will be so disappointed and might actually not watch for the very first time ever since becoming a fan !!!

The mechanism by which he was hired has nothing to do with DEI. The NFL decided long ago that teams can make succession plans, and the lack of a search does not violate the Rooney rule. Reports are they were going to do that with McDaniels had he not bolted for Vegas.
They bypassed not only the Rooney rule...

They also bypassed getting a dei check by sports media.

The last few coaching shake ups were brutal on the front offices of many teams(some deserved, some not[Dan Campbell]).

This move seems to keep the Krafts squeaky clean...

And more importantly, now in complete control.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back