• There's no way in hell I want him even near the team

Votes: 223 58.2%
  • Who's T.O.?

Votes: 20 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just picturing T.O. trying to get in Brady's face about not getting the ball and I don't see a way that he makes it off the field alive. The five layers would gut him like a fish.

absolutely no way in Hell.

carrey_dumber.jpg

"So you're sayin' there's a chance!"

I voted no way in hell, but if he is willing to come in for the veteran minimum with no signing bonus, it would be worth signing him so Belichick could cut him the first day of training camp. Maybe that would knock his massive ego down a peg or six.

TO is a cancer who will be biatching about sharing catches with Welker and Moss and getting in Brady's face. I hope the league Barry Bonds black lists him.

Ok, which one of you wrote this? ;)

InGameNow Blog Archive New England Patriots Rumors: Terrell Owens to Patriots

Seven Reasons why Terrell Owens Should Join the New England Patriots

1. Strong leadership is already in place. Terrell will be quiet - Randy Moss, Corey Dillon and others proved this.

2. The Patriots now have the cap room (thanks Matt Cassel).

3. Terrell Owens wants to win a championship. The Patriots are the best shot.

4. Terrell Owens will not face the ravaging double teams he traditionally does because a certain someone named Randy Moss will line up beside him.

5. The Patriots lost Jabar Gaffney and really want to keep Wes Welker in the slot position. Terrell Owens would enable this and add a second deep threat.

6. Bill Belichick.

7. Terrrell Owens is NOT as bad as people make him out to be. He was a convenient scapegoat for the Cowboys and the Eagles and 49ers. He is not a saint - but he is supremely talented and got an unfair share on the blame.

8. Tom Brady. He has a way of making teammates feel welcome and, by distributing the ball, he will avoid the feuds that Tony Romo couldn’t escape.

I'm not saying that the Patriots should bring him in but T.O gets a bad rap sometimes. Did T.O make Romo fumble the ball on that field goal try against Seattle or make the offensive line not block against the Giants and make Crayton drop a sure TD catch or completely collapse against the Eagles this year or make Donovan get sick in the Super Bowl and Andy Reid bad clock management skills. People act like Romo isn't a baby Brett Farve(ya know gunslinger) with San Fransisco(my original favorite team) was going to suck any way with the salary cap hell they were going to be in because of the DeBartalo years and why is it that 2 of his biggest supporters are Mora Jr. and Knapp two coaches that were there with him in SF.

Last edited:
I'm just picturing T.O. trying to get in Brady's face about not getting the ball and I don't see a way that he makes it off the field alive. The five layers would gut him like a fish.

Now that alone makes me want him to sign with N.E.

Now that alone makes me want him to sign with N.E.

It would be kinda funny to see Brady, and the five layers beat the crap out of T.O. on monday night football. Madden would love it because it would remind him of his Raider days. :D

wait a minute. Is Madden on Mondays, or did i see him on sunday night? I hate change, it makes me think too much :D

It would be kinda funny to see Brady, and the five layers beat the crap out of T.O. on monday night football. Madden would love it because it would remind him of his Raider days. :D

wait a minute. Is Madden on Mondays, or did i see him on sunday night? I hate change, it makes me think too much :D

Well, it's Sunday there but Monday here.

Or is it Monday there and Tuesday here?

I confused myself.

Well, it's Sunday there but Monday here.

Or is it Monday there and Tuesday here?

I confused myself.

Do you watch the games on the net? If so, are you watching them live, or later when its not the middle of the night? :D

Do you watch the games on the net? If so, are you watching them live, or later when its not the middle of the night? :D

I normally do watch them on the net when I can get a fast enough internet speed going. Always live, which makes many game start at 1 or 2 AM for me. I'm too nervous to sleep while there's a game going on.

I normally do watch them on the net when I can get a fast enough internet speed going. Always live, which makes many game start at 1 or 2 AM for me. I'm too nervous to sleep while there's a game going on.

1am is not too bad. I was thinking you had to watch games at 4am or something. The internet, even with a fast connection, drove me nuts last year. Too many sites had trouble right in the middle of the game. This year im going with sunday ticket.

1am is not too bad. I was thinking you had to watch games at 4am or something. The internet, even with a fast connection, drove me nuts last year. Too many sites had trouble right in the middle of the game. This year im going with sunday ticket.

1 AM is not bad except those games end at 4 AM, and that sucks for me.

The 4 PM games there start at 4 AM or 5 AM here, depending on the time of year.

"High-speed" internet here is like dial up speed there.

I'm not saying that the Patriots should bring him in but T.O gets a bad rap sometimes. Did T.O make Romo fumble the ball on that field goal try against Seattle or make the offensive line not block against the Giants and make Crayton drop a sure TD catch or completely collapse against the Eagles this year or make Donovan get sick in the Super Bowl and Andy Reid bad clock management skills. People act like Romo isn't a baby Brett Farve(ya know gunslinger) with San Fransisco(my original favorite team) was going to suck any way with the salary cap hell they were going to be in because of the DeBartalo years and why is it that 2 of his biggest supporters are Mora Jr. and Knapp two coaches that were there with him in SF.

The media attention he brings is nausiating, and when he's a GOOD teammate, ESPN and their ilk starts going on and on 24/7 like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

For example, remember that NBC Sun Night game in wk3 when we played the Packers-TO had like 2 catches/20 yards, but that was largely b/c the Packers secondary was rolling coverage into him, which opened up opportunities for Felix, Barber, and Austin...all of whom had big games. On Felix's long TD run, Owens threw a monster block. When Romo threw an INT in the red zone, Owens saved the TD by running all the way back out of nowhere to tackle the defender-otherwise, it would have been an easy pick 6 by that Packers defender.

Anyhow-my pt here is that when the likes of Hines Ward has these kinds of "no stats dirty work" games, you don't hear a peep out of the national sports media, much less Ward and the Steeler fans. But somehow, b/c Owens was doing HIS JOB, everyone is all of a sudden like, "TO is the greatest thing since sliced bread!".

But guess what happened the week after against the Redskins? Yep-he was thrown to some 17 times, 1/2 of the time he was in double coverage. Barber didn't get any touches late when the game was on the line, while Felix wasn't even part of the game plan to boot! It was as if b/c Owens was a great teammate the week before, we had to reward him by spoiling him in this week.

Also-I might want to add that with all the publicity generated toward HIM, guys like Felix, Barber, Witten, Canty, Ratliffe, Choice, Austin, et al are busting their tails just as hard, but they hardly get any. This is prolly another reason why the locker room split-there was JEALOUSY.

Anyways-good, bad, whatever, he's just not worth the baggage.

Last edited:
The media attention he brings is nausiating, and when he's a GOOD teammate, ESPN and their ilk starts going on and on 24/7 like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

For example, remember that NBC Sun Night game in wk3 when we played the Packers-TO had like 2 catches/20 yards, but that was largely b/c the Packers secondary was rolling coverage into him, which opened up opportunities for Felix, Barber, and Austin...all of whom had big games. On Felix's long TD run, Owens threw a monster block. When Romo threw an INT in the red zone, Owens saved the TD by running all the way back out of nowhere to tackle the defender-otherwise, it would have been an easy pick 6 by that Packers defender.

Anyhow-my pt here is that when the likes of Hines Ward has these kinds of "no stats dirty work" games, you don't hear a peep out of the national sports media, much less Ward and the Steeler fans. But somehow, b/c Owens was doing HIS JOB, everyone is all of a sudden like, "TO is the greatest thing since sliced bread!".

But guess what happened the week after against the Redskins? Yep-he was thrown to some 17 times, 1/2 of the time he was in double coverage. Barber didn't get any touches late when the game was on the line, while Felix wasn't even part of the game plan to boot! It was as if b/c Owens was a great teammate the week before, we had to reward him by spoiling him in this week.

Also-I might want to add that with all the publicity generated toward HIM, guys like Felix, Barber, Witten, Canty, Ratliffe, Choice, Austin, et al are busting their tails just as hard, but they hardly get any. This is prolly another reason why the locker room split-there was JEALOUSY.

Anyways-good, bad, whatever, he's just not worth the baggage.

So, ummm, are you saying you don't like T.O. ?:D

We said a lot of this stuff about Randy Moss before too...

I think our locker room would straighten Owens out, but then again, I don't think our locker room is as strong leadership wise as it once was.

Do I think that would be a nasty weapon offensively, yes, it would be fairly unstopable as long as the line protected Brady...

Do I think our offense needs another WR like that to be nasty, No...

And that's the deal right there, we already have a great offense, we don't need a TO to take this offense to the next level, it's already there!

I much rather have a Marvin Harrison type to fill that need than a TO.

The reality is, we don't need TO to be a great offense, it would be a phenominal offense, and it could break the records set before, but do we need that level of offense to win it all this year? I don't think so.

I am shocked over 70 people would want him here :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore