• There's no way in hell I want him even near the team

Votes: 223 58.2%
  • Who's T.O.?

Votes: 20 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manny is one of the greatest right handed hitters of all time. Unless you can say that TO is one of the greatest WRs of all time, it is not silly.

I don't think it is so much as comparing their athletic abilities and the stats both have compiled, but more of both gifted athletes at the top of their games at the same time and have proven themselves to be unbelievably and completely selfish putting their own wants ahead of the teams.

I don't think it is so much as comparing their athletic abilities and the stats both have compiled, but more of both gifted athletes at the top of their games at the same time and have proven themselves to be unbelievably and completely selfish putting their own wants ahead of the teams.

Yeah well, there is that.

He actually seems like the perfect option for the Giants. The coach and D would "disappear him" if he started trouble.

Also, when started calling the QB a douchebag, he'd be right for once.

I am flabbergasted at the number of people who do not know the Patriots mission as stated repeated by SP:

We are not collecting talented players. We are building a football team.
Your gasted issues are duly noted. :confused2:

He actually seems like the perfect option for the Giants. The coach and D would "disappear him" if he started trouble.

Also, when started calling the QB a douchebag, he'd be right for once.

Well NYC would be the ideal spot for him. He would fit right in with all of the other loud mouth all about me personalities. I would bet that BSPN and all the rest of the mediots would love it.

And yes, he would be right for calling shEil a Douchebag....

If we can get him to the Wizard of Oz and back in time, then sure. Otherwise, no.

No No No No No

I'm ambivalent on this one: on the one hand, it would make the passing game nigh unstoppable; on the other, he is a well-established cancer who has already infected three strong franchises.

I vote "No, probably not a good idea," but if he signed for reasonable money, I wouldn't throw a hissy fit. I'd give BB the benefit of the doubt, and hope that at the first sign of any TO shenanigans BB would cut him on the spot.

Probably by thinking of the kind of fits opposing coaches would be going into if the Patriots had a receiving corps of:

Moss
Welker
Galloway
Owens
Watson
Faulk

Seeing a lineup like that can make people overlook health and personality issues.

We would be beaten the same way we can be beaten now... by flattening Brady. Thanks but NO ******* THANKS. :cool: I'm not even sure BB can control Owens. I'd rather take the money it would take to sign him and use it to improve the left side of the line.

We would be beaten the same way we can be beaten now... by flattening Brady. Thanks but NO ******* THANKS. :cool: I'm not even sure BB can control Owens. I'd rather take the money it would take to sign him and use it to improve the left side of the line.

Now you're talking.

I think there are a few factors that would allow TO to function fine on this team.

7. Tom Brady's knee would benefit.
Jodee

No. I could see some team taking out Brady's other knee because it's the only hope for the 31 other teams.:mad:

T.O. has been cut. Let's just check the numbers for fun....

By week 6-he'll be crying how Wes Welker has been getting more touches than him.

IF you can compromise with this guy, it is a HUGE victory, why? Last year in wk3 @Green Bay, he was actually the ultimate team player as he supposedly had no qualms letting Felix, Barber, and Austin being heavily involved in the offense. He was throwing big blocks all over the place(one being to free Felix for a long TD).

What happened the week after against the Redskins? Yep-he was thrown to 17 times...SEVENTEEN FREAKING TIMES, and the game was close throughout to boot. We even had to abandon Barber in the 2nd half just to appease him.

You want to replace Light and Mankins?:eek:
Or are you thinking more TE?

Hell no! This is not even funny.

I was not thinking of points I was thinking of defenses being screwed in matchups. We all know the 2007 Patriots were not as strong at the end of the year. Eventually teams were able to scheme against them in a sort of effective manner. Putting Owens on this Offense forces teams to pick their poison between Moss and Owens. In the current offense Moss is held up more and breaks out sporadically. I think Owens indirectly protects Brady's knee by forcing the defense to focus more on pass coverage than pass rush. The balls would come out of Brady's hands quicker with Owens on the team. It is an absolutely sick idea to have Moss and Owens split wide with Welker doing all kinds of tricks underneath. Owens is the kind of force that can command a double team and give Moss one on one coverage. Moss could do the same for him. The two best recievers of this past ten years on the same team catching balls from Brady. I want them to do it so I can play them on Madden 2010.

Jodee

Well playing Madden is about the only chance you will ever have of them playing on the same team...as someone mentioned previously...there is no way that TO could play second fiddle to anyone...even if he's older...the dude is a hyper egomaniac...not to mention totally bipolar...why would you want all that drama?

Whenever I think of Terrell Owen...I will always remember the time when he played with SF against Dallas and after he scored ran to the middle of the field... kneeled on the Dallas star and pointed to the sky. This pretty sum up what TO's about...

And for those people that say give him a chance and would love to have him on their own team because he is such a great player...come on...be serious...we're not talking about the TO of the early 2000s here folks...now THAT guy had a big mouth but was a BEAST to cover...the current incarnation of TO just have a big mouth...

Last edited:
And for those people that say give him a chance and would love to have him on their own team because he is such a great player...come on...be serious...we're not talking about the TO of the early 2000s here folks...now THAT guy had a big mouth but was a BEAST to cover...the current incarnation of TO just have a big mouth...

People were saying the same thing about Moss a couple of years ago... just saying.

I think if TO were to consider an offer here, he'd know what the deal was, and what his place on the team would be. If winning is enough of a cure-all to get him to go along, then I'd be all for it. If it's not enough (and it likely isn't), then he wouldn't consider signing here, and the team would be better off for it.

People were saying the same thing about Moss a couple of years ago... just saying.

I think if TO were to consider an offer here, he'd know what the deal was, and what his place on the team would be. If winning is enough of a cure-all to get him to go along, then I'd be all for it. If it's not enough (and it likely isn't), then he wouldn't consider signing here, and the team would be better off for it.

Mmmmm...

Are you comparing the current Dallas Cowboys to the current Oakland Raiders? Yikes!

It's the Oaaaaaaakland Raiiiiiders baby!

For me...at present...there are two sure things in the NFL...go to the Raiders in you want your career to stall or die...go to the Redskins if you wanna make a butload of money before you retire...

And I just love it when people try to compare Moss to TO. Their great receiving talents aside...there are no remote similiarities between them...Moss is not and will never be the head case that Owens is...Moss is pretty aloof...TO is a media whore...I could go on...

"If winning is enough of a cure-all to get him to go along, then I'd be all for it"

but that's the problem isnt it? is just winning games enough for T.O? This is a guy thats currently working on his own reality TV show...no joke!

Last edited:

What makes TO such a hot potato is his cunningness and intelligence-once he starts opening his mouth, even A LITTLE bit, and starts getting even 1-2 teammates on his side...LOOK OUT! There's nothing even the coaches and team captains can do about this. Sure-you can put all kinds of clauses in his contracts, but he NEVER takes accountability upon his self, NEVER. His ego is too fragile for that.

At least Moss is humble enough to take accountability on himself when he and his team doesn't play well, and he doesn't try to divide locker rooms to boot. Dillon was the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back