• There's no way in hell I want him even near the team

Votes: 223 58.2%
  • Who's T.O.?

Votes: 20 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of you seem to think the Jets. I am sure Favre would jump out of retirement.:rolleyes:

I am not sure Polian would go for an Owens type. He prefers to draft em. Although Peyton and Owens are actually buddies.

Oh and we have little money to spend obviously.

Wait, why am I interested? T.O.? *slaps forehead* ESPN mentioned the Colts as a destination so it got me thinking.

Naw, no way. Never.

ESPN tries to create a story so i dont think you can go by it. they might go for torry holt but you never know .polian might think its worth a gamble with TO.

Most of you seem to think the Jets. I am sure Favre would jump out of retirement.:rolleyes:

most of us hope it happens .:) .rex ryan has talked a lot of nasty talk seems to have the mentality to handle such people so to stoke his own ego might agree to bring him and above all its about selling the PSLs.

giving TO to Peyton is like giving Moss to Brady. even at this stage in his career that would be a scary combination. TO would be happy and they'd win a grip of games. it would be sort of exciting, and put the balance of power in the AFC back where it belongs with the Colts and Pats.

Too tempting to think about this. *thinks of something else*

giving TO to Peyton is like giving Moss to Brady. even at this stage in his career that would be a scary combination. TO would be happy and they'd win a grip of games. it would be sort of exciting, and put the balance of power in the AFC back where it belongs with the Colts and Pats.

Not sure it's the same. Manning has always had elite receivers. Brady never did until 2007. Anyway, Colts will continue to do well until PM retires.

Too tempting to think about this. *thinks of something else*

You really want it to happen? Good luck with that if it does.

Well it would be exciting to watch. Manning to Owens. Brady to Moss. The big November showdown. I need to stop.....

But, we are not desperate in the passing game with Wayne, Gonzalez and Clark and a few no names. But, a big physical receiver like Owens...even though he is old, would be fun.

Someone slap me for giving him too much consideration.

I was not thinking of points I was thinking of defenses being screwed in matchups. We all know the 2007 Patriots were not as strong at the end of the year. Eventually teams were able to scheme against them in a sort of effective manner. Putting Owens on this Offense forces teams to pick their poison between Moss and Owens. In the current offense Moss is held up more and breaks out sporadically. I think Owens indirectly protects Brady's knee by forcing the defense to focus more on pass coverage than pass rush. The balls would come out of Brady's hands quicker with Owens on the team. It is an absolutely sick idea to have Moss and Owens split wide with Welker doing all kinds of tricks underneath. Owens is the kind of force that can command a double team and give Moss one on one coverage. Moss could do the same for him. The two best recievers of this past ten years on the same team catching balls from Brady. I want them to do it so I can play them on Madden 2010.

Jodee

You really want it to happen? Good luck with that if it does.

You know how it is? Everyone who is released is considered lol.

one of the biggest drawbacks of TO is the no of drops.would be hard for peyton to tolerate it.
how the bills ?

I was not thinking of points I was thinking of defenses being screwed in matchups. We all know the 2007 Patriots were not as strong at the end of the year. Eventually teams were able to scheme against them in a sort of effective manner. Putting Owens on this Offense forces teams to pick their poison between Moss and Owens. In the current offense Moss is held up more and breaks out sporadically. I think Owens indirectly protects Brady's knee by forcing the defense to focus more on pass coverage than pass rush. The balls would come out of Brady's hands quicker with Owens on the team. It is an absolutely sick idea to have Moss and Owens split wide with Welker doing all kinds of tricks underneath. Owens is the kind of force that can command a double team and give Moss one on one coverage. Moss could do the same for him. The two best recievers of this past ten years on the same team catching balls from Brady. I want them to do it so I can play them on Madden 2010.

Jodee

all that is good but we need to play defense. we already are capable of scoring enough pts with moss welker and some decent 3rd receiver.i would rather have torry holt than him. its good for fantasy but his addition is not going to add anything drastically to the pats.
damn, they rejected TO before the signed moss , idont know why iam even justify this explanation :)

IF he was on the team, contigent upon a proper contract laden with performance clauses, the synergy created by Moss and Owens(how defenses must gameplan around them) would be unprecedented. The sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts. The mismatches would be insane.

You know how it is? Everyone who is released is considered lol.

I sure do. Stuff like that can be fun to think about... as long as it never, ever happens.

I sure do. Stuff like that can be fun to think about... as long as it never, ever happens.

I think he should go back to Philly and play with McNabb.:p

Where's the "I'd rather saw off my own legs than see TO anywhere near the team" option?

Dear God.

Where's the "I'd rather saw off my own legs than see TO anywhere near the team" option?

Dear God.

Amen. I can't believe that some of you are even considering it. Is TO going to take a discount to come here? I doubt it. That guy only cares about himself. Let him go be a cancer on some other team.

Amen. I can't believe that some of you are even considering it. Is TO going to take a discount to come here? I doubt it. That guy only cares about himself. Let him go be a cancer on some other team.

Lets hope he goes to a say the Doofins and destroys them.....!!

J/K

I would never want him to be on our team....can you imagine the day he fights with BB in the locker room?

First off, I'm with the I'd-rather-saw-my-own-legs-off guy, and maybe 1 or 2 other apendages too.

Secondly, that opinion immediately changes the moment BB actually thinks this is worth doing.

I cannot imagine this, and I hope my limited imagination is on-target. If it is not, however, and BB actually goes after TO, then I freely admit I am just about certainly wrong.

God it sucks being a Pats fan at times, but you tend to say smarter things more often when you drink the kool-aid than when you knock the F.O.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back