• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants- Maybe
Vikings- Could be
Bucs- Money talks
Bengals- Turds-R-Us
Dolphins- AFCE here we come again

Patriots- No way in hell. Never. Thank God.

Last edited:
Yes, must bring TO at all costs.

97315103.jpg

i bet he ends up in nyj. he will be this yrs woody johnson's infatuation like favre last yr to sell PSL's.

i bet he ends up in nyj. he will be this yrs woody johnson's infatuation like favre last yr to sell PSL's.

Unless the Jets do what Snyder has come up with which is a miracle cap money movement,The Jets have no money for T.O.

The Browns seems like a longshot possibility since Mangini needs all the help he can get

Parcells is no longer head coach and he is most likely leaving next year as he does not stay long anywhere anymore - I think he wants to win and win fast and if he thinks T.O. is the missing piece to a championship in Miami,he will get him

How does Tuna do a 180 from HATING T.O. to bringing him onto the roster? No way. Not only that, but Pennington can't even get the ball to him. Owens will end up in Oakland.

I think there are a few factors that would allow TO to function fine on this team.

1. He would be part of an offense where he is not the clear cut best player on the team. Every team he has been on he has been the best player. When things do not go well for the team he feels the team needs to work through him. He is that competitive. With Brady and Moss he would be a piece of the puzzle not the focus. The potential positives far outweigh the potential negatives.

2. If a deal could be structured where he is on a tight leash at an affordable price the gains from having TO's presence is exponential. The dude is a stud reciever still. Once again because he is not the focus of the offense the game does not have to be forced through him.

3. The synergy of Moss and Owens on the same team would be outright sick. It would be like having twelve players on offense.

4. He wants a championship bad. Why wouldn't he want to be on the same team as Moss and Brady?

5. If anyone can take a malcontent and make him a winner it's BB.

6. BB is a **** (in a good way) and will do it to prove a point.

7. Tom Brady's knee would benefit.

8. Year Team Rec Yds Yds/G Avg Lg TD

2006 Dallas Cowboys 85 1180 73.8 13.9 56 13
2007 Dallas Cowboys 81 1355 90.3 16.7 52 15
2008 Dallas Cowboys 69 1052 65.8 15.2 75 10

Best regards,

Jodee

Last edited:
Unless the Jets do what Snyder has come up with which is a miracle cap money movement,The Jets have no money for T.O.

The Browns seems like a longshot possibility since Mangini needs all the help he can get
they will find someone to release like pennington to make space who come back and kill them in the season :)

How does Tuna do a 180 from HATING T.O. to bringing him onto the roster? No way. Not only that, but Pennington can't even get the ball to him. Owens will end up in Oakland.

I can't be sure but don't see Oakland being able to do a large cap hit with the Asomugha signing a few weeks ago which took the Raiders up the cap scale with the six year $28.5M price tag

I cant believe some of you guys... NO TO T.O.

they will find someone to release like pennington to make space who come back and kill them in the season :)

I think the Jets have Harvin high on thier list of draftees in round 1 so WR could be filled and much cheaper with Percy rather than an overinflated Owens.

Last edited:
I once heard Owens said in his book he loved Peyton Manning and Favre.

Hey Owens wanna replace Marvin Harrison? ;)

Kidding, no way he would play for cheap likely and fit in in Indy. :D

And no way in hell would he mesh with Moss on the same team. Never. There are only so many balls to go around.

He could end up in Denver? Tampa?

Yeah.....

He could end up in Denver? Tampa?

Yeah.....

T.O. most likely will sign with a team that has a solid QB as starter so he could have a better chance to catch good on the rope passes on a regular basis unlike what Romo,McNabb was able to do for him consistently - Tampa has no true QB right now

I say he stays in the NFC and maybe with a team with a good QB like in New Orleans and if its the AFC I think Tennessee would be a good choice or maybe Baltimore

He has to go to a pass happy team to be truly happy I feel, he wants the balls thrown to him. Will be interesting to see how much interest there is in him and if he is after the money or not.

I think there are a few factors that would allow TO to function fine on this team.

1. He would be part of an offense where he is not the clear cut best player on the team. Every team he has been on he has been the best player. When things do not go well for the team he feels the team needs to work through him. He is that competitive. With Brady and Moss he would be a piece of the puzzle not the focus. The potential positives far outweigh the potential negatives.

2. If a deal could be structured where he is on a tight leash at an affordable price the gains from having TO's presence is exponential. The dude is a stud reciever still. Once again because he is not the focus of the offense the game does not have to be forced through him.

3. The synergy of Moss and Owens on the same team would be outright sick. It would be like having twelve players on offense.

4. He wants a championship bad. Why wouldn't he want to be on the same team as Moss and Brady?

5. If anyone can take a malcontent and make him a winner it's BB.

6. BB is a **** (in a good way) and will do it to prove a point.

7. Tom Brady's knee would benefit.

8. Year Team Rec Yds Yds/G Avg Lg TD

2006 Dallas Cowboys 85 1180 73.8 13.9 56 13
2007 Dallas Cowboys 81 1355 90.3 16.7 52 15
2008 Dallas Cowboys 69 1052 65.8 15.2 75 10

Best regards,

Jodee

but our offense is good enough...what additional # of pts do we need by adding owens. ?

He has to go to a pass happy team to be truly happy I feel, he wants the balls thrown to him. Will be interesting to see how much interest there is in him and if he is after the money or not.

I think he is incapable of being happy long term. If there's no drama, he creates it. He is what is known as a "douche bag" in psychiatric circles.

I like how everyone is up so late and posting during FA time!

I once heard Owens said in his book he loved Peyton Manning and Favre.

Hey Owens wanna replace Marvin Harrison? ;)

Kidding, no way he would play for cheap likely and fit in in Indy. :D

And no way in hell would he mesh with Moss on the same team. Never. There are only so many balls to go around.

maybe polian brings in a 1 yr replacement.i still think woody johnson will go nuts and bring him in.

I think he is incapable of being happy long term. If there's no drama, he creates it. He is what is known as a "douche bag" in psychiatric circles.

I like how everyone is up so late and posting during FA time!

too bad the bengals signed coles today or for sure he wouldve landed there with cinco.

maybe polian brings in a 1 yr replacement.i still think woody johnson will go nuts and bring him in.

I am not sure Polian would go for an Owens type. He prefers to draft em. Although Peyton and Owens are actually buddies.

Oh and we have little money to spend obviously.

Wait, why am I interested? T.O.? *slaps forehead* ESPN mentioned the Colts as a destination so it got me thinking.

Naw, no way. Never.

Last edited:
too bad the bengals signed coles today or for sure he wouldve landed there with cinco.

That would have been hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing